Adult thread -- The Summer House

Fizzles
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Adult thread -- The Summer House

Post by Fizzles »

Hi Guys, Thanks for the welcome back. Still on such a high from my Take That weekend. :D

Trine - WOW! So excited for you to be going to Venice. I hope you have a fantastic time.

Julie - I understand your computer frustration. The comps/tills in my work are from like ... 1990 .... or something. Old system that they keep adding new bits to. It usually dies at least once a week and I have to try and resurrect it. They've been promising us a new system for the last 2 years! You seem to be the queen of computers though so I know you'll survive.

On the subject of languages. I only have basic french and german from school. Italian would be a cool one to know. There is one that I've always wanted to learn though. Sign Language. I've made enquiries at my local college about evening classes for after the summer.

I have to say I LOVE the Rob Fight Club pics. It always was one of my fave films. And now to see Rob like that! :twisted: Is this wrong of me? Too find the beat up pics so sexy? :? Of course I must say that I would Layeth the Smacketh Down on anyone who actually did that to him!

Laura Xx
Member of Rob's Halfway House
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Julie, NewJen & Laura - Thanks for the good wishes for my trip. We knew we wanted to go somewhere this summer since we never do that. I haven't been anywhere except visiting my parents up north for years. And that doesn't count since I lived there for the first 20 years of my life... And then Venice popped into our heads.
NewJen - I will look out for those people :lol: Or maybe I'll hope they'll keep me and then I can meet Edward :P

Julie - I know what you mean about computer problems at work. We do use Microsoft outlook at work, and that functions okay. But we use IE version 5 or something like that. And websites just aren't made for that anymore. So everytime I visit an online newspaper, they tell me I should upgrade which of course I can't.... And watching videos is impossible. They come out like really slow gifs. And not to mention the security issues. We aren't even allowed to copy and paste from our computer onto the internet.

David - I think Italian is a beautiful language. I would like to learn that or Spanish. But...I doubt I have the patience. I've been learning English since the third grade so that has become pretty fluent eventually. But I feel a bit too old for learning a whole new language now. I'm only 29 though...

Pammy - Loved your story! Whenever my partner talks about me being obsessed, I always say that the others are just like me :D

Hm...not much Rob in this post...NewJen - I loved your pictures for Julie. Especially the second one, that dark one.

Edit: Laura - The pictures were sexy! But they made me feel a bit bad since I kept thinking about those crazy fans. But I think Rob is going to look awsome in the entire movie.

Edit 2: Thank you, Sandy, I'm so excited!! Can't I point down? Appearently not...
Last edited by Dovrebanen on Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Trine ~ so excited for you on your trip!! I so want to go to Italy--my husband been there a number of times for business and loves it there.

Julie ~ sorry that your having such a sporked-up day.... if it makes you giggle a little bit, when I left government work 8 years ago, we were still using Cobol (sp?) for data entry!! Talk about frustrating! When we had to do an emergency report for court, we had to pull out the codes, and then hope that it would print-- ahhh, the efficiency of the government.. ;)

While the pictures of Rob getting beat-up in "Remember Me" are not fun to look at, I am quite taken with Bad-A$$-Rob!!! I wonder how he would be in the modified PervSwingTM....hmmmm... :twisted: :twisted:

(that was the first time I was caught by the filter-police!! I had spelled "a$$" correctly, and they busted me! :lol: :lol: )
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Trine, that's awesome! Venice is freaking amazing, everyone should hurry up and go before it sinks. Alternatively, you could visit the Venetian in Las Vegas which looks similar to (tho cleaner than) Venice. :lol:

I studied French in high school and Italian in college. I have more Italian left than French but not very much of either. My friend from my study abroad program and I still PRETEND we can speak Italian. But neither of us can.

Lotus Notes is poo and so is IE. And IE 5! My goodness, I can't even think about not having tabbed browsing. It's about to be like... version 8, right? When I'm not at work I'm a Firefox girl... and even at work I Lex, check my email, etc in Firefox. Mozilla FTW! Sigh. I'm such a nerd.

OMG, the office printer repair guy's phone just rang and it was U2 "With or without you." Does anyone have a song or silly ringtone? 2 or 3 phones ago I had the theme from the OC (California by Phantom Planet). Californiaaaaaaaa hereeeee we commmeeeeee...

Image Image Image
twilightsagaaddict

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

akire wrote: OMG, the office printer repair guy's phone just rang and it was U2 "With or without you." Does anyone have a song or silly ringtone? 2 or 3 phones ago I had the theme from the OC (California by Phantom Planet). Californiaaaaaaaa hereeeee we commmeeeeee...
So I have "Supermassive Black Hole" as my main ring tone, "Rockstar" by Nickleback for my husband ;) , and my Ringback Tones randomly switch between the Harry Potter theme, It's 5:00 Somewhere, It's My Life, and 2 other songs from the TW soundtrack. I'm such a dork!! :lol: 8-)
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

Laura! I know a fair amount of sign...enough to speak to children that speak it. I had to learn for my job when I was a Senior Therapist for the Wisconsin Early Autism project. One of our goals was to help children communicate, whether that be through sign, pictures, augmentative communication devices, or simply working on social skills, sentence structure and syntax. Huge spectrum = huge skill set that I had to learn. It was awesome. I've forgotten a lot of it, sadly - because it's true that if you don't use it, you lose it.

I took so much Spanish that I was considered fluent - but I think that's crap, because I never actually WENT anywhere where Spanish was spoken, and I don't think taking dictation during Spanish movies and talking with my classmates counts. Now I can only underSTAND it...but I can't really speak it back unless we are talking remedial Spanish. I can read it well, though. And if some beyotch in the elevator thinks it's funny to talk smack about the gringa, I can definitely give her one heck of a glare at appropriate times, but I have no comebacks. :( Then I took 2 semesters of Italian in college. They are very similar, but I didn't really mix them up at all until NOW. Now I speak Spantalian.

wifey - I am with you on the Firefox. Actually, one day I'd like my entire system to be Linux, but I no haz da skillz yet.

I have never needed a beer MORE at work than I do right now. Sadly I still have Cardio Boot Camp to get through. I tell you what though, those weights/step/bar/floor are gonna GIT IT!!!

Okay...ringtones. Well I usually try to have oldschool shows as my ringtone - b/c that's sort of my thing. So I switch between Gummi Bears, Fraggle Rock, and David the Gnome - but DtG is actually kinda boring. For a while I had the theme song for House and I loved that...such a cool song.

Image Image
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Trine~ Venice!! I am so excited for you. That is sooooooo cool. Enjoy to the fullest. And, yes, if you find yourself Monteoullciano-way, bask in the glory of that as well.

Pammy~ LOVE the tshirt. But we need to make 1 small altercation. It shoudl read 100% RobGasmic!!
And, you know you are absolutely right. We'd just smile at the wee lad, pat him on the head and tell him we know and that we love and accept you just as you are because we're all Robsessed freaks here. It is our happy place... :lol:

Erika~ Perform a self-ceremony. Hahahahahahahahaha!!! You are just bloody precious, you know that!!!

MiniMe~
*Ahem* *Cough* *Puts on official Priestess voice*
I now take you, Midnight Sun, Ashley, my official MiniMe, as my eGodschild. I promise to guide you in the ways of Cullenism and Robsession, sharing in the joy of you eMums, eSister, eCousin and other eFamily and eFriends as we watch you eGrow in your eSkills of RobCrack provision, eSpeak, HalfwaySummerHouse Residency and HHBS Participation. I ePromise to always afford you CornerTM time when life gets rough, and to delight in your eRob eExploits. So let it be eWritten. So let it be eDone. *hugs all around*

And, as for my ringtones, Leave Out All The Rest is my general one, my husband's is If You're Reading This by Tim McGraw (he's military), Decode is my text ringer. For various family and friends, I have the MASH theme song, Masquerade from Phantom of the Opera, The Final Countdown, I'll Be There For You (Friends theme) and Holy Water by Big N Rich. I love fun ringtones. Funny funny; I got a text from my hubs to call him this afternoon, which was really weird. He ususally just calls me when he gets off work at 3. So, I called him and he has a call tone...Bella's Lullaby. Awwwww. I love my hubs so much. He is just the biggest goofball!! And, I was smiling like a total jackarse. It was just so cute.

Julie~ So so sorry about you day of epic fail. Lotus Notes sucks backside, and yes, the government moves slower than an elephant pregnancy. But, you are Julie, ForJazz926. You are the Siggy Goddess, purveyor of siggies and avies extraordinaire. You can do anything!!! But, just because I know how much you love this, I present you this little pick-you-up. *Extra squeezy feel better hug* And, because I think you need it most, please take some time in The CornerTM

Rings~ Ach!!! How could you?!?! You know how we are about our Rob and his safety. How could you just leave that poor woman hanging like that!! I was going to make you a whole batch of Bodyguard Brownies for your eDesert after your eDinner. But, now...I just don't know if I have it in me. :cry:

Laura~ All over their Candy Arses is right!!! Oh, Girl. You busting out the Rock quotes!! He's on my list, too. It is a good day. NKOTB concerts here on Sunday, and one of the local stations has been giving away tickets all day, so they have been doing all sorts of NKOTB stuff all day, music and trivia contests and the like.... And, now, Rock quotes!!! You know, the scariest things excite me sometimes. "Iffff you smeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllll. What the Rock. Is Cooking." :lol:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Aww, ehon, don't be upset. I made sure she understood it was for filming the movie. I didn't leave her hanging- even showed her the pics and captions to prove it was a movie shoot. :)

BTW, suave move on your husband's part. :D
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Well :roll: don't I feel sheepish for jumping the gun a bit. Sorry, eHon. I just know how icky it is to feel that feeling. I eHated to eThink of that poor poor eLady being all eWorried. But, to eMake eUp for it, I brought you your eFavorites, along with eDesert Enjoy.

And, yes, suave, I suppose, could be one word for him... :D
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS