Adult thread -- The Summer House

Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Adult thread -- The Summer House

Post by Dovrebanen »

Good morning! So...I went completely missing from this thread since yesterday morning. I meant to post here. But then I got into the Edward Cullen # 5 thread. And I had to defend poor Edward :) Wrote my longest post ever there yesterday, I think.
I'm not completely caught up on what's going on here...

Caryn - Thanks. 30 is just a number! My one great advantage is that I look very young. I am short, but I also have young features. I still get asked for I.D when buying a bottle of wine, and the age limit in Norway for that is 18. So I'll start taking that as compliment now, instead of being annoyed :D

Kristiner - I liked your avi. Didn't catch who the guy was, but he was alright!

Ashely - Good to have you back. Hope you had a great time in 1845 :) I don't think home schooling would have worked so well for me. Although school in PJ's sounds good. But I needed to get out of the house every morning.

Jade - Great picture of Taylor! I kind of feel bad thinking that he is looking very good, both in that picture and in the trailer. But I honestly don't think of him that way, you know. He is way too young for that.
The graphic novel is exiting. The Edward looks great. Jacob...not so much, I think.

Erika - Sounds like you had quite a weekend...I hate family gatherings, usually. There just so many of the distant ones that I just don't like.

Jen - That's true. I haven't seen Pammy in forever. She made it to the Summer House, I believe. I think it was here that her son was up for grabs :lol:

Diane - That story about your son was so funny! It's not stalking Rob. We're protecting him, or at least we're willing to if given the chance. And on the bonus side we get to see all those great pictures and share the wonderfulness that is Rob Pattinson :D
Thanks for the videos (Jade, you too :))

Bella in Phoenix... I don't think she was plain even there. But I think maybe she was a bit shy and and maybe the guys just didn't notice her as much. And like you guys said, she grew up with them. And maybe the selection of girls was bigger in Phoenix, with it being a bigger city. I would say that I think Bella is more like Edward see her, than she sees herself. It that makes any sense.

For everything I forgot to comment on, I am sorry :) It's not new, but it'll do for this morning.
Have a great day!
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

Trine - My last avi was Daniel Radcliffe. Since so many of the Summer House residents don't care for him, I decided to change back to Rob. And I think you're right about Bella. The Robcrack is awesome. Thanks for that. Yum.

So I just saw a commercial for that Bandslam movie. Of course right at the end it says "get an exclusive clip of New Moon" or some crap like that. I hate that they're using New Moon to get people to go see the movie. Dumb. I was thinking of going anyway and then once I see the NM thingy I'd leave. But I don't wanna spend 8 bucks and not get to see anything else. Catch 22's suck. Lol.
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Trine, it's so funny how you keep calling it "morning" when it's barely midnight over here! All these different time zones in the Summer House just boggle my mind.

Erika, WOW I feel like such a 'tard for totally brain farting on the R&J thing. And I'm sorry you had such a craptastic family reunion! I actually had a mini-reunion over the weekend and it was a lot of fun. But... my family rocks and there's not a teetotaler among us (aside from the kids). :D

I'm not into graphic novels, but I saw the pics for the Twilight one the other day and I think I might buy it. Especially if SM is really involved. It looks really good so far.

As far as is Bella a plain Jane or not... I'd have to say she's not as plain as she thinks she is. I don't think she's supposed to be overwhelmingly striking and beautiful like Rosalie, but she's more like a soft, natural pretty, ya know? And Edward tells her in Eclipse about all the guys waiting for him to screw up because they want to be with her, and some of the names on the list would surprise her. She must be at least a little attractive then. So yeah, I think she just sees herself as plain but I imagine her as more of a natural beauty.
Image Image
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Mandy - I know. I do that all the time :) Even though 90 % of the people in the Summer House live in North America. It is just after 9 am here... I've already been up for three hours.
I agree with you about Bella. Probably pretty. Normal, good looking girl.

I don't really know what that Bandslam movie is all about. But it sounds like no one wants to see it. I doubt they will have a clip from NM if it comes in theaters here. But anyway, the clip is bound to be short. And I guess we'll see it on youtube or something anyway sooner or later. So I wouldn't waste my money, I think. Easy for me to say not living in the US and really not having that option at all :D

Kristiner - That was Daniel Radcliffe?! Don't I feel silly....I kept looking at that guy, thinking "who is that?" :? I just thought it was some US actor or singer or something :oops: He looked so grown up!

To those of you who asked about my partner and the airport shopping: He got it for me. My DiorKiss lipgloss with the right color even and my SJP perfume. And all the candy I asked for. Exactly right! I am more than shocked. He said he kept his phone up all the time reading the message I sent him to make sure he got it right.

Back to work. It is really hard getting into it. I have tons to do. But it's so quiet here. We're 3 people on the entire floor. Everyone else is on vacation.
Have a good night everyone! In your time zone, those of you who aren't already sleeping :)
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

Mandy - I'm not a graphic novel sort of girl either, but I will buy it cause I think it's neat. And I was tripping about the time zone thing too. Lol.

Trine - Yes, Dan has grown up. I was shocked when I saw that pic of him. It's perdy. Lol. Hope you're having fun at work!

Ok people. Time to fess up. Which one of you made this? I know someone in this house had to. I'm not at all crafty, so I know it wasn't me. :lol:
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

^^ Oh shyte. Video closeup of Rob's coinslot? :shock: You should have put a warning on that!!!

Kristiner, I feel silly too because I didn't know that was Dan in your avie. But I'm not a Potter fan, so I don't feel TOO bad.

Trine, awww your partner sounds so sweet! How cute he is making sure he got all your stuff. He's a keeper.

Speaking of partners... today is officially my bf's 30th birthday and I'm getting ready to decorate the apartment so he'll be surprised when he wakes up. And then I'm taking him to dinner at his favorite restaurant later tonight. Good times. I keep teasing him about how he was a hot 23 year old when we first met and now he's an old man. :lol: Then again... I was a cute 18 year old and now I'm 25. :| Scary.
Image Image
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Thanks eberyone on ur views about Pretty Bella vs Plain Bella. I've always wanted to picture her all pretty when reading the books.. but then Bella says some pretty mean stuff about herself, so I always picture her as the plainest of plain-ness. I donno :(!!!! The only time when she thinks shes pretty is @ the wedding D:

Kris ~ LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!! Aussie vs NZ??? I hope NZ kicked backside.
+ They have this programme over here called 'Island Wars' which is aussie vs kiwi stoof whilst on an island. Quite entertaining realleh.

And has everyone followed David Slade on Twitter?
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

DarkMuse wrote: Ok people. Time to fess up. Which one of you made this? I know someone in this house had to. I'm not at all crafty, so I know it wasn't me. :lol:
Kristiner, you are so right-this had to have been made by someone here! :lol:
I love waking up to a video of Rob's "coin slot" (Thanks Mandy for that term-it just makes me giggle!) Oh, and happy b-day to your bf!

Jade, I just started following David Slade on Twitter--should be an interesting ride!

Diane - thanks for all your videos! Don't let your son get you down-Us Rob addicts come in all ages! And I figure he's old enough so that some of us, *cough* older*cough* fans can't get arrested for our thoughts/actions! :lol:

Trine - yeah, that "Bandslam" movie just looks painful; I think I would have to claw my eyes out after seeing it. It wouldn't be worth it to pay the $$ just to see the NM clip that will probably be on You-Tube within a few hours anyway.

So, wait, is Bobby Long coming to Chicago? (runs out of the "house" to check...) Why, yes he is! Aug 31st....hmmm I sense a field trip!

Jen, I forgot to comment on this a few pages back, but you so rock with those shoes!! How in the hell did you even walk in them?! ;) If I wear anything higher than 1 1/2 inches, its like a stiletto to me (at 5'10 I'd probably fall over in anything higher! :lol: )

I (again) have no Rob-crack to post, but how about this and this in anticipation of Ch. 50 this week.

8-)

Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
newtonscricket
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by newtonscricket »

I think Bella may have started getting more attention back in Phoenix too. At that age people can change so much over the summer, not just in looks but in style.

I think Bella was quite beautiful, in a very natural, Ivory girl sort of way. I'm sure the school she was at in Phoenix was much larger and I'm sure she didn't run with the coolest crowd, but when she got to Forks she was a celebrity at a much smaller school, so of course everyone was going to notice how pretty she was.

not forgetting our common purpose here

off to a fun day of vacuuming!
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Grr! My computer has a trojan virus or two so until my adware/anti-virus/ect. blockers get done scanning and delete the stupid thing I hve to use my computer in safe mode. :(

I am watching "Can't Hardly Wait" and Peter Fach is in it...and his character...OMG OMG OMG! I may need to do some rearranging of my list now.

Julie~I was always a loner when I went to public school, so no. I never miss the social interaction. :)

Jade~*drools over graphic novel Edward* Wow! Where did you find that? It looks awesome, but I have to agree with you a bit...Jake looks a bit odd. And tee hee. Kristen looks funny in that pic from The Runaways set.

JulieM~KStew also was blonde in 'Zathura'.

Well, the flashback of Carlisle/Aro/Marcus/Cauis I believe will be before the birthday party scene as in the trailer when B/E are talking before they go downstairs for the party it looks like there are some paintings on the wall...like that could be Carlisle's office.

And because I have yet to get in on this discussion...
Daniel - He is okay looking. Sometimes he looks erm...yeah, but other times he looks nice.
That one dude from SYTYCD (or whatever show he was on) - Erm...no
Jackson - He is good looking, yes but he is shorter than me. Which just makes it weird. Trust me. Been there, done that, never again. The dude needs to be taller than me.
Rob - I shouldn't even have to answer this. I mean...I'm here aren't I?

And, and...I think that's it.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed