Teen thread 3 -- Ages 13-19

Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Re: Teen thread-- Ages 13-19

Post by Carrisa »

Hi, Irlana! I'm Carrisa. Nice to meet you! X3

Aw, Chels, I'm sorry about what happened to your cat but at the same time I'm glad you're getting a puppy! But trust me, just because they're cute doesn't mean they'll be easy as you may think they are. I should know, we had two at once. There's constantly taking them out to the bathroom, cleaning up after them when they have accidents, making sure they don't chew up anything, watching them with a hawk's eye when they are out in the yard, sometimes getting them to shut up their barking. It's just all around a chore. :lol: Also, even if you're always on top of them, don't think that means they won't have an accident or chew anything. Puppies are swift and sneaky when they want to be as far as chewing (I had plenty of things that had their little teeth marks on it) and turn your head for one second and they've wet the floor. But, in the end, as long as they're punished when they chew and they are regularly taken outside to use the restroom, it'll all pay off. My dogs are the perfect example! X3 Except their annoying barking....
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

true, true.
but trust me. i will keep my eyes on him. and i will pay as much attention as possible to him.
if he barks too much i won't yell I'll just calmly tell him to shut his trap.
hopefully he won't end up as dim witted as his human counterpart.
and i am willing to clean up after him. I'm not picky or prissy about that kind of stuff.
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

Make sure no one spoils him! My mom spoiled my dogs so badly, they act like little kids! They're almost like brats, sometimes. And no table scraps! It's a hard habit to break for both the dog and it's owner and it's simply not healthy for the pup. The only table scraps that, with moderation, would be considered okay for dogs are eggs and meats.

Cleaning up messes is always a glorious job. :roll: But when you love something enough, you look past it.

I probably should at least start my homework for the weekend, especially preparing for that in-class essay.... Today didn't turn out the way I thought it would, anyway. Maybe I'll just stick to working on my fic. It's taking forever for me to get the thing moving again; I can't seem to get past chapter three! DX
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
roo-roo91

Post by roo-roo91 »

ha ha the only one that should be worried about spoiling him is me.
but i'll try not to.
yeah i cleaned my cat's litter box most of the time when she was still alive and i think i cleaned up over a dog my family pet sit once.
-.-
i was trying to write a fic once.
but after i turned on my computer i forgot what it was about.
XD
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Hey Carissa!
Hey Chels!
What's up?
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!

Post by Carrisa »

It does take a lot of effort! It's hard not to spoil them and sometimes you spoil them without realizing - something I picked up from Caesar (or however you spell his name). :lol: As long as you don't give your dog it's own bed and serve it breakfast there, you should be all right! Though, there are people who actually do that. -_-'

I had to pet sit once. It wasn't awful, but it was interesting. One of the dogs was a beagle and she was so scared of me I had to carry her outside just to use the bathroom because she wouldn't move an inch. She was still pretty young but she was heavy! I was afraid I'd drop her.

I'm actually quite proud of myself when it comes to this fic! This is the first fic of many dead ideas that's lived to see a third chapter! The only problem is if it will survive chapter three....

Hi, Derek! Not much, just lazing around, kind of wondering what the heck happened to my day. It seemed to end a bit too quickly!
"Got it memorized?"
roo-roo91

Post by roo-roo91 »

@ derek i was just talking about a fail of mine.
DX
i mean i'm pretty sure it would have made a good fic.
what ever it was.
and i was babbling about how i'd be the only one who'd spoil the puppy.
@carrisa yeah it will be hard not to spol him especially when i think of who he's named after. i'll be all awwwww... and then i'll cuddle him and buy him stuff. DX. we pet sitted a few times. one time was a chow chow named buster. he was like an overgrown puppy and he was like 6 or so and he was so sweet. another time was with these three kittens and my cat hated them.
and another time was with this little green parakeet named sunshine. weird bird. was scared of my cat and my cat was scared of him and my cat hated buster too.
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!

Post by Carrisa »

Buying toys for dogs is fun! The squeaky toys are the best! I don't think my dogs could handle pet sitting. We had to pet sit my mamaw's dog a couple of times and they couldn't stand him, and they grew up with him! That was one of their brat-moments because he was getting more attention than them. Chows are cute! But I've heard they have an aggressive side.... One time on the news I heard a woman was mauled by her Chows. But I guess every animal is unpredictable, domestic or not.

We had two birds before when I was younger. Not the most fascinating pet to have....

I hate when good fic ideas die....
"Got it memorized?"
roo-roo91

Post by roo-roo91 »

wow. i've heard that about chows too. but i don't think buster would be that way.
he was just too sweet. i miss watching him, his owner has something wrong with her so she can't leave the house too often so she doesn't have anyone watch him anymore. hopefully popcorn won't be mean to anything we might have to petsit sometime. and yeah i love squeaky toys. i actually play with them sometimes.
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!

Post by Carrisa »

Someone I knew once had a Chow. He spent a lot of time outside. He acted tough but he was pretty friendly.
Every dog has its own personality. Jack Russells are known to be hyper and hard to control, but ours just lays around. The only time she's hyper is when she's on a walk and when the water house is on.
I think it's something they simply have to get used to. After getting used to the fact that other animals will drop by for a while, it might just become something normal for him. Kind of like when two different animals live in the same house, like a cat and a dog, or, in my case, two dogs and a rabbit.
I love messing with the squeakers! Sometimes my dogs will sit and just press the squeakers. My pom loves the squeaky hedgehogs we got her! For some reason, dogs love hedgehog shaped toys....
"Got it memorized?"