Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by Jazz Girl »

ringswraith wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:Chapter 3 of OverTime at the Office just posted...

It's not as good as an actual update but...

and I quote BB here,

"That was so much better than watching Die Hard."

:shock:

:lol:

Ahhhh, BB, how we do love you!!
What is this Overtime at the Office you speak of?
ESweet~ Overtime at the Office is tby789's lovely small set of outtakes from The Office. They are well worth a gander as, gods bless her, not only does she provide us with some A1 writing, sometimes, just sometimes, she'll include sublte clues or hints that we might normally not get to see in the original story. Definitely great supplementary material for regular readers. And, ummm, Chpt 3- Seulement Toi, very interesting.

~~GreatVexations~~
I must confess to you my brothers and sisters in fanfiction. Something has happened that I NEVER NEVER EVER thought would happen, and therefore, NEVER saw coming...

Someone has written a story that made me hate, and I do mean HATE, Edward Cullen.

Of course, it helps that it was our own beloved AngstGoddess003. The writing of the story was absolutely superb and the pain Edward inflicts in his selfishly cruel drive to fit in and be one of the guys....Sweet Jesus. While still so....Edward, everything he does manages to become selfish and cruel and hateful. When a secret love is revealed to him, rather than being kind and compassionate, he is biting and hurtful. When the secret love offers comfort and love, he takes and takes and takes and never gives anything. And, when the secret love asks for no more than mere understanding, Edward lashes out. I read with tears in my eyes and a need to, for the first time in my Twilight-Life, punch Edward Cullen in the face. And still, the story was amazing and lush and perfectly angsty...all the things we have come to expect from AG.

Oh, and, by the way, did I mention that all this is because it shoudl be Jasper with Edward, not Bella...

Seriously, slash does not usually do it for me, kids. Most of the slash I've read is written for shock value and for the sake of hooking Edward up in various ways with everyone from Emmett to Eric. But this.... this is vintage AG and it is beautiful. Just my recommendation. Do with it what you will.
Last edited by Jazz Girl on Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Jazz Girl wrote:
ringswraith wrote:

and I quote BB here,

ESweet~ Overtime at the Office is tby789's lovely small set of outtakes from The Office. They are well worth a gander as, gods bless her, not only does she provide us with some A1 writing, sometimes, just sometimes, she'll include sublte clues or hints that we might normally not get to see in the original story. Definitely great supplementary material for regular readers. And, ummm, Chpt 3- Seulement Toi, very interesting.
/forwards link home for later reading
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Voting for the Mystic Awards has started. Several of the fictions we discuss here are in the running, so if you can you may want to check them out. http://themysticawards.webs.com/nominees.htm
Oleander from this site is one of the very busy and hard working people who put the whole thing together, so go show your support for her and the authors and give the site a look.
My little fiction, Singularity, was also nominated, though I don't think it has a chance to win against some of the heavy weights in the Lion category. I am, however, thrilled to even be amongst them. :D
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

Ever wonder what some of those Terms or Acronyms mean in our FanFiction world? I do sometimes!! I ran across a link on Manyafandom bio page that is a list of commonly used terms in fanfiction.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... utput=html

I found it interesting and thought you all might too!

Thank goodness the weekend is here!! Have fun everyone!!
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

If I ever want to get nominated for an award I have a feeling I need to either start writing smut, angsty/emo, or completely OOC/AU fanfics because actual SM canon is obviously not something people think is worth giving credit to...
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

Actually, I was incredibly surprised because my story is rated T and is canon. However, I have to agree with you. Besides the fact that I am going up against some very talented and incredibly creative writers, I don't think I can win because most of the fanfics are non-canon, AU or AH, and most are rated M. However, several are rated K or T, which pleased me greatly. You should try to go over and see them on the Mystic site. I was amazed at some of the clean stories that were there. The Fallout (my pick for best) is M for violence and contains no cussing or sex. You should try it.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Yours is definitely on my list to read. I've decided that TPC is going to be the last fanfic I write so after that I'll have time to read others.

I read the first chapter of most of the nominated FFs that weren't rated M and really wasn't impressed. And so many of the M authors have so much talent but its obscured by excessive cursing and sex.
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

Thanks Amanda Beth!
I can't wait to see how Ramses enters the pictures again with yours!
One of the things that bothers me about many fanfics is that they are written by such skilled writers, but it is hard to see because of the constant reliance on speech patterns and cultural trends that locks them into a place and time. SM was brilliant when she left technology and modern colloquialisms out of her books. The reliance on character alone makes the books timeless.
AH and many AU fanfics are brilliant, but I wish these gifted authors would take their original ideas and make their own work so that EVERYONE could have a chance to read them. Don't get me wrong, I am so glad all of the terrific authors have given us their work for free, but it seems like they could do so much if they just took the extra step and wrote their own original story. I shouldn't complain because I just love reading their stuff, but so many of them are truly talented, and I wish they would give themselves a chance. I can't tell you how many authors I have contacted who said that they were afraid to try it on their own.
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Jazz Girl wrote:
ringswraith wrote:

and I quote BB here,

Overtime at the Office Discussion

That chapter was, er.... interesting, and a little :shock:, but still beautifully written. I love the patience, trust and love Edward and Bella shared so openly with one another. I also loved when BB said something along the lines of, "I laughed...as I realized I had basically fallen in love with the female version of me." :lol:

How wonderful to have this brief glimpse into their future lives and know for certain they will weather the storm. ;) Here's hoping we don't have to wait too long for the next update.
Banner by TammyAZ
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Amanda Beth wrote:If I ever want to get nominated for an award I have a feeling I need to either start writing smut, angsty/emo, or completely OOC/AU fanfics because actual SM canon is obviously not something people think is worth giving credit to...
Now now, don't feel that way. It's true those fics tend to get read a lot, but my SN is canon and it got nominated for two things. :)