Adult Thread--Rob's Halfway House 5

Susie
Frozen in Time

Re: Adult Thread--Rob's Halfway House 5

Post by Susie »

Happy Friday Ladies!!

Well, I’ve done it again – sorry.

It’s just that I’ve added my not so little fanfic for New Jen to an already lengthy post! You'll notice that the stories are getting a little longer each time. Sorry! I can't control myself!!!

Note about these fanfics to anyone new to the thread: I spontaneously started writing a few stories about how some of us could possibly meet Rob in real life. Since there has been such a positive reception, I’ve decided to write one for each of the Halfway House regulars, one a day. It’s not really appropriate for the fanfic thread or even fanfic.net since the stories are highly individualized. Don’t worry; there is a finite number of stories!

Tracy – Well, I’m sorry to disappoint you, but all the Rob Fanfics will be rated G – although I could try for a PG for you – it would only be PG from your pov, though. Notice how all the stories end. I will do yours last as requested.

Diane – You’re talking about your dogs, right?? Why did they get in a fight? That gash sounds painful. Poor doggie. I need to somehow show you a funny comic related to Twilight and a dog cone. I wish I could scan….I’ll work on it.

Desiree – I was pretty sure you were joking, but then you are close to LA. Your delivery was good, very dry!

Caryn – I want to read WFE too. I’m glad you liked it so much. How can I get all this reading done this summer????? Too little time!

Marielle – But, you said you liked my mega posts, didn’t you??? :lol: Yes, I spent a lot of time on it, just like I am with this one…… :oops:

Ann Marie – Police helicopter – I know that’s creepy. It’s not just the noise, it’s wondering just what is happening and when they are going to stop circling again and again. It reminds me of last summer at Lake Superior when an emergency helicopter kept going back and forth looking for a body late at night while we were trying to sleep– we knew it was looking for a body, so it was especially creepy to hear it circling for hours.

Trine – “One of the worst Halfway House members in history”???? Seriously??? NEVER APOLOGIZE for having to attend to your REAL LIFE. You are just plain silly. You will always be welcomed back! It is a very busy time for you now. We’ll still be here…..

Mel – So, since you value your privacy, you can really empathize with Kristen!! “Chundering’ must mean something similar to “babbling”?? You said, “why can i never think of any englishisms when i'm on here” – Girl – your posts are FULL of them. You don’t even need to try!

Sandy – Hockey! Just thinking of hockey in the summer helps me cool off! Sorry, I meant to congratulate you on your daughter’s big win!! Thanks for the pics.

Vicky – You don’t even know you’re using words like “ace” which we don’t use. It’s so cute!! That’s right, you would have actually SEEN Rob in that sexy gray suit!!! :o

Jaclyn – Love your Scottishisms. I wish I could commit them all to memory. You’re such a nice Auntie!!!

Raine - Yes, I'm online the same time you are!! I'd better hit the sumit button!!

Here’s New Jen’s Rob Fanfic:

As a stay at home mom with three kids, Jen sometimes needs to get away. Her favorite escape is her neighborhood library which is brand spanking new. On this day, Jen has the excuse that she needs to pick up a book she ordered, so she leaves the kids home with her husband and looks forward to spending the morning looking at books, lots of books, with no one to bother her.

Jen immediately picks up the book she has ordered and because it is so compelling, she settles down in one of the comfy chairs in the “Anthropology” section of the library. As she is getting settled, she notices one of the Duke University students (all decked out in college wear – jersey, baseball cap) with his backpack sitting on the floor in the corner surrounded by tons of books. Jen thinks, Poor guy – that’s one monster term paper!!!

Jen starts reading her book, but then happens to look up and catch the eye of the Duke student. Except- No. Couldn’t be. This is the face Jen knows like the back of her hand. Look-a-like??? Yeah. Probably - that student should see about a job as a Hollywood double! The student realizes that he has caught her attention and whispers, “Please don’t tell anyone.”

On hearing his voice, Jen knows that her first recognition was right. It really was Rob – alone, in disguise, apparently. She immediately becomes flushed, gulps and whispers back, “I won’t. Do you mind my asking where your “people” are??

Rob explains that he came to Durham to attend a lecture at Duke University and then this morning escaped from his hotel. He just had this yearning to be around books and he wanted to get away from all the craziness for a while.

Jen says, “Oh, I see. Well, I’ll let you read then.” She stays in her chair and pretends to be completely composed, pretends to have nothing more than innocent curiosity about the man. It is very difficult to focus on her new book, but she makes an effort to at least look like she is reading. Out of the corner of her eye, she sees that he is indeed reading. Chris Weitz was right – Rob IS bookish!

After a while, Rob breaks the silence, “Can I ask you what you are reading?”

“Sure. I’m reading ‘In the Neighborhood: The Search for Community on an American Street, One Sleepover at a Time’, by Peter Lovenheim. It was recommended on NPR.

“NPR? I always listen to NPR whenever I can – people don’t really know that about me Is the book good?”

“Truthfully, I just picked it up today, so I haven’t really had time to read much yet, but I’m really interested in the topic.”

Rob asks to look at the book and as Jen hands it too him, his hand brushes against hers just for the briefest moment. Jen needs every ounce of strength she has to compose herself. They discuss the book. They discuss lots of books. They exchange titles, authors, and profound ideas. Jen is in Rob/Book Nirvana.

Eventually, Rob gets a frantic text from his bodyguard and realizes he has to get back to the hotel. Before leaving, he thanks Jen for their intellectually stimulating discussion – he is indeed grateful that she didn’t “out” him there at the library. To show his gratitude, Rob reaches in his backpack and takes out an well worn paperback and hands it to her. “Here – this is a really good book. You should read it.” Jen takes the book and thanks him, and out of respect for Kristen, this is where it ends.

Rob with Books

Well, I actually have to go into work today to prep for my Monday night class and to pack up my desk – I’m being moved to a different room!

Have a great day everyone!!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

*ambles into the HalfwayHouse mumbling incoherently about bloody meetings and conference calls and other things cutting in to RobTime*

Good Morning My Sisters!!! Oh yes it is going to be a GLORIOUS day!!!

Trine!!! You're home, home home!!!!! So glad to have you back. Of course you are not the worst. You've been busy with the big move and all the lot. Just hoping nothing "important" got lost or thrown away. ;)

Mel~ Ahh, yes, but you have the benefit of having a "domestic" program where soccer is THE sport. For us fans in the US, the World Cup is huge because it's about the only time that soccer is regularly discussed or covered on the sports shows. It's getting better, with MLS gaining ground. But, it's still nowhere near as featured as American football, baseball, basketball, autoracing or even hockey (sorry Sandy, GO HAWKS!) So, I'm way jazzed about the World Cup. Now, we'll have to see how our boys do playing against each other. ;)

Sandy~ Patience and faith, sweetie. It's one of the reasons I kind of prefer our football system. One game and it's over. These series always drive me to the edge.

Vicky~ I'm torn for you. I completely understand everyone wanting Rob or Kristen to be at the premiere. I totally do. But, at the same time, I'm kind of glad that he has WfE to balance his schedule. And, I need RobKowski. It's a pickle.

Jaclyn~ Oooooh, Scottishisms!! I love them!! My hubs fam is primarily Scottish, down to having a few great aunts and uncles who are 1st generation.

Desiree~ I know. I'm completely grossed out by it and not really sure what the crap they are thinking. The descriptions of her scar in the book, as well as Jasper's say that they are barely noticeable, very subtle. That looks like she's got some sort of growth!

Susie~ Your personalized fanfics are cracking me up! :lol: But, yes, you MUST make room for WfE. It's a fantastic story. And, like I said, with the RobKowski visual...just....MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

Diane~ I wonder? Do you feel the same way about how MJ dealt with the paparazzi and the press? The insanity and the furor over his every move was very similar to what Rob and Kristen are enduring right now. He often lashed out at them, in interviews, in his music, etc? Do you think he should have just accepted it as a part of his life? He was, after all, in the business a lot longer than Rob and Kristen have been, exposed to it from the time he was a little kid. Surely, that should have made it easier to bear. And, all the money he made, all the luxuries he enjoyed...that was a fair trade off, wasn't it? Just saying...

MTV VOTE REMINDER!!Vote vote vote!!! Voting for most categories closes tomorrow, I think. But, voting for best film continues until the end of the show on Sunday.

MTV Preview Clip~ MTV posted this "teaser" of what we'll get to see on Sunday when Rob, Kristen and Taylor present a clip on the awards show. DAMN!! I hate it when they tease us like this. Besides, this scene is going to make me lose my shiza. Grrrrrrrr!!! :evil:

That's it. I'm going back to my happy place.

“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
newtonscricket
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by newtonscricket »

Oh Susie, thank you for my fabulous story! Going to the library will never be the same again. That would be so wonderful, sigh. I'm blushing :oops:

The funniest part is the book...."In the Neighborhood". Reading the story, I thought, "Hey, what the heck happened to that book?!" I had it, I started it, but now I don't have it. I checked my library list online, it is not on my checked-out list, I must've returned it with other books by accident. So I'll have to get it again......I'll have to put it on hold.......then of course I'll have to go pick it up....maybe I could do that on a weekend when the boys can stay home with my husband..........
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

TGIF

JEN Cutting slack now

Desiree
A real one

Susie Still fighting even with the cone head!

Caryn
Are you even serious to compare MJ to Kristen Stewards little fit? I can say that MJ never flipped off the bird or used cuss words to refer to the pappazzzscumbags and to that is the only comparison to even make and yes MJ had a LOT more and for more years. I can not believe that you would try and compare the two. Maybe if you would have compared Kristen to Linsey then that would have been a better . I hope she does do better. Everybody walks the walk, or talk in any job its just that in her job the price of fame can be ugly at times. Maybe she will get a thicker skin and handle it with better tact in the future, and like I told Jen I am cutting slack and its over and
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

Susie wrote: Vicky – You don’t even know you’re using words like “ace” which we don’t use. It’s so cute!! That’s right, you would have actually SEEN Rob in that sexy gray suit!!! :o
ha ha ohh myy ggooddd i totally didnt even think about that :lol: turns out i am completely oblivious to my englishisms :lol: oh yes that suit he looked beautiful in it, although his hair was tad bit more dishevelled by the time he got to the cinema where we were stood :lol: .

mel lol yeah i was going to put minging as well lol.
Jazz Girl wrote: Vicky~ I'm torn for you. I completely understand everyone wanting Rob or Kristen to be at the premiere. I totally do. But, at the same time, I'm kind of glad that he has WfE to balance his schedule. And, I need RobKowski. It's a pickle.
yeah its true, i mean i dooo realllyyyy want to see him in the flesh again but at the same time he is working on other stuff and i understand that fully, i truly dont mind im excited to see the other people from the saga that we haven't seen in the flesh here yet, because none of them have attended previous premieres or fan things so thats going to be ace :) i need Robkowski too he's hot!! ha ha

desiree ust requested you on facebook as it cam up on my homepage that susie+mel had added you soooo the crazy in the red sunglasses is me :lol:

mtv movie awards voting still havent done this as the american site doesnt let you and the u.k. one never works when i go to vote, right im off to go make new moon win like now lol

night night
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good evening ladies.........

I'm so good today... it's weekend, and today for the first time we have BBq-ed on our balkony in the sun, tomorrow =beach day.......really as much as I'm sensitive to the sun, I can't live without it......
I hope all you girls are feeling as happy as I do....

Trine, we missed you, I knew you were busy with the house, when can you start moving in your own house?

Vicky, I'd sign that petition as well, although I'm not from the UK I think it's ridiculous that Rob isn't at the premiere in his home country.....

Raine, I take it you are asleep now, I hope you have nice Rob dreams....Yes I got the eclipse soundtrack this afternoon...I ordered a special edition, it has two bonus songs on it..sadly no Rob, the Songs are made by Battles and Bombay bicycle club...
Hey were these also online?
I haven't listen to the whole think but I liked the Metric song very much....

Susie, I do very much like your long post, but I know how long mine take to make, I just can't help wondering how fast you are typing....and the Rob fan...wow...you girl got some imagination....

Caryn, I hate that teaser, it's telling us nothing!!!!....why can't they just release some footage from the leg-hitch, or Rosalie's story, or Jaspers story....why does it always have to be the dob being obnoxious.....

OOOH dear boy
Looks like someone is enjoying the sun as much as I do

Hey can somebody explain something to me........?
I haven't read WFE, what kind of story is it...Romantic? or Drama? and the part Rob's playing, I haven't seen girls yet, does that mean he's not playing a romantic role?

well I''m of to bed....sleep well.....and have nice Rob dreams
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by TammyAZ »

*sneaks in the back window*

Hello ladies...sorry I've been gone, I've been working more this week. My boss had a death in her family so we needed to cover some extra shifts.

Been trying to catch up, so I'm just gonna make some general comments instead of personal ones because I can't remember who said what :oops:

MTV Teaser~~ Looks awesome...I find myself leaning towards the screen when it ends like"that's it???"

Bellas bite mark~~ I'm wondering if maybe that is just a "rough draft" so to speak or something they did to make it noticible in that scene. If you watch the scene at full speed you barely see it. It only looks like tumors when you look at the still.

Kristens comments, pics et al~~ I think I would probably be using the finger myself lol...and I think maybe the guys handle it better because they don't constantly have paps trying to get upskirt and downshirt pics. Not only are they invading her privacy but trying to get cheap crotch shots is just uncalled for (Mods please forgive me if that term is unacceptable) As to referring to the way they treat people as "rape" I think it is more appropriate in Kristens context than like when people say "they are raping us with these prices" Rape can refer not only to the sex act but also intrusive and insensitive behavior.

WFE pics~~ Ummmm yeah wow just wow....need I say more?

OK gotta run for a bit but I'll be back later :)

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world" ~~Edward Cullen
Banner by me :)
newtonscricket
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by newtonscricket »

Kristen Stewart makes a statement: "I Made An Enormous Mistake"

marielle, "Water For Elephants" is definitely a romance, not to worry. It is also a drama. Jacob Jankowski runs away to join the circus. I won't give more details for fear of spoilers. I think it will make a fabulous movie.
Edwards Wheels
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Edwards Wheels »

completely in a retro mood today. Was listening to green day dookie earlier, and some shakin stevens, and some black lace. I should've got some new kids on the block and N*sync out too shouldn't i? :-D
anyway, i hope you're all well. My neon look is starting to calm down now so i can't be used as a beacon anymore, as i look like my batteries are wearing out :lol:
Dan Brown is waiting for me, with pictures and everything! :-) i'll soon give in and go back to the saga, and when i do and i get all obsessive about it all again you'll all get sick and tired of the sight of me :-D :lol:

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Evening folks :)

Mel - I have no idea what "clooty" means :lol: Do tell!

NewJen - If Rob walked past someone Scottish they would say...erm.... :lol: They might say he is "awfy bonnie" :lol: I think I would just stand there with my mouth open Haha!
(and also, I only know "anorak" as a type of jacket, but I dunno if it might have a different meaning too?)

Susie - Another fantastic story!! :D Who is going to be next?
How come your desk is being moved to another room? Is it a better room? :D

Sorry for super short post - need to get to bed!
Night!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!