Rob's Halfway House -- #7

openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Rob's Halfway House -- #7

Post by openfire »

Hello everyone,

Raine - I'm glad you had such a nice birthday, and the celebrations before & after sounded lovely!! I agree that watching Eclipse & reading is a very nice way to round off your day :)
Aw, I really hope you start to feel better soon!!!

Tracy - Haha, yep I'm sure ActionRob certainly is enjoying his international diet...I wonder what else I will be able to make him that is Scottish?? There are a few puddlings, but I never normally make them, and a couple starters which I don't like! LOL. So I guess he will just have to go with haggis, and lots of Irn Bru to drink!! :)
Yep I beleive that you are next to receive ActionRob. I will PM you nearer the end of the month for your address etc.
How did your daughters first basketball training go?

Dawn - Sorry I have no idea how much mobile internet is in the US! I pay £5 a month for 500MB of data in the UK, which I think is pretty good! I use it all the time, and has never went over my limit yet.

Caryn - I agree, Mother Nature is a bit crazy right now!! The snow melted yesterday afternoon (as it was pretty sunny) and the last night we had gale-force winds (soooo loud!), this morning it was pouring with rain really bad (couldn't see the car in front of me!), it had turned to sleet by the time I got to work, and now it's sunny again (edit:in the time it has taken me to write this post, it is now pouring again!). Jeez! Mental!
I hope the travelling goes well today. How far away is it? Will it take you long to get there?

JennJenn - I love Italian food too (prolly my favourite kind of food!!) but as long as there is no cheese LOL! I just don't like it, especially when it is hot & melting..yuck! I especially don't like it hot mixed with tomato sauce, as then it just turns creamy and I don't like creamy sauces! I like red based sauces - yum!!
Yay for having more than 1000 posts now!! Whoop!

Susie - "Millions of snow"?? Well we did have that! LOL. More than we had had for a very long time, so that equals millions to me ;) The snow from yesterday has melted now though, and all the rain has washed away the slush. Apparently we are due more tonight or tomorrow but we'll see..
Yay for SonnyBoy & his scholarship! That's awesome!! Will he be eligable for any more? I still can't beleive how much it costs to send your kid to collage in America!
Btw, how is DaughterDear enjoying Mexico?
I hope the observed lesson goes well today!!

Fi - I liked what you were saying about what a home should be - very true! Is GB as excited as yourself to move into the cottage? Is it far from where you live just now? That's cool about the web design course too! I hope you manage to get your money back ok though.
My news...hmm, well I went to the UK TwiCon (but I think you knew that already?) and developed a new crush for Mr Alex Meraz :D LOL! I also think Mike Welch is awesome!! And just in general had a great time. I also set a date for my wedding to my bf next year - exciting stuff! And I recieved ActionRob the other day from Ginnie for his next leg of his HH World Tour. So yep, think that's about it for me!

Marielle - Hi! Looking forward to your post later!

Lulu - Enjoy your hair colouring today! I would love to see some pics, especially when you do get your hair cut, if you are able to show us!

Well tonight it is my SiL's 30th birthday, so we are going over straight from work to visit her. Looking forward to that, and also to seeing the kids. Tomorrow she has invited a bunch of people to go out for dinner and then onto some clubs for dancing. My other SiL (the one who lives down south) will also be coming up tomorrow to go out, so should be good. We are all staying overnight at my SiL's house so I won't be able to check in much until Saturday (as have a very very busy day at work tomorrow, so may not have time to check in then either!).

If I can't get in before, enjoy your Fridays & Saturdays folks!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Yay my internet is back...

Jaclyn - Have fun at your SIL's birthday. I'm glad ActionRob loves Scottish food. What is IRN BRU???

Lulu - No worries! Thanks for the greeting. Can you believe even my mom forgot my birthday is yesterday :shock: . She usually greets me very early in the morning but yesterday the whole day past without a text or call from her, then she called me this afternoon apologizing for forgetting. :lol:

Marielle - Take it easy at work. Hope you don't get in trouble for being late.

Susie - Good luck teaching tomorrow while being observed by your Lead Teacher. I'm with Tracy the "Hump (Rob with a smirk" totally puts someone's mind in the gutter :lol: . No partying for my birthday, I'm still sick even dinner with my college friends have been cancelled :( .

Tracy - It's a good thing Ash Wed is over here. I probably cannot look at our priest during the mass thinking of that little phrase :lol: .

JennJenn - Congrats on your 1000 posts :clap: .

Caryn - I never thought I'd be hooked in reading WfE. I don't like circus and clowns freak me out. But I was surprised that the book is very informative, entertaining and just bursting with humor (I haven't gotten to the romantic parts yet :swoon: ). Will post my thoughts once I finished reading.

Sorry to cut this short. I'm off to watch the new episode of Glee, then read updates on my fav FF, then a couple of chapters for WfE before I go to bed.
Have a good day everyone.
Later.
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hello all,

Pfff, I had a crazy day today… I finally went to the therapist for my back, thank the heavens for that guy’s massage skills…

Something really strange happened yesterday…My mom has bought a new car at the beginning of February, there were already problems with the ownership papers but my mom and dad trusted the sales man to send them…now yesterday the insurance company called to tell them that since 2 days the car is reported stolen…it turns out that the garage has been doing illegal things for a while now… my mom went to the police this morning and it took them 10 minutes to upload the whole dossier about that specific garage…
I was afraid that my mom would loose her temper with the police men and would be stuck in a cell to cool down because she didn’t call this morning but it turned out it just took that long to get everything in motion, now we are praying every thing will turn out fine…

Now, to the posts…

Hi, Ann-marie, I’m happy to hear that things are going okay…are you going to the WFE premiere in London?

Jaclyn, spring is hitting Holland as well, I can understand that snow is coming as a surprise…
Ooh tomato-y things…I hate tomato’s but tomato saus is the best, I’m a huge fan of Italian food so pasta and tomato’s saus… besides that I am a dessert girl, I’m always wondering why they can’t serve dessert first…

Dawn, considering refusing to be close to Peter is nuts enough already… hihi…I probably would faint or behave like a over sex-ed crazy woman…I mean that guy only have to look to get into my panties…hihi (OMG, I’m making myself blush)…
Though I can understand why you felt apprehensive, it would be strange to hug a guy you really don’t know and all but also it’s probably so strange for Peter…all those woman who want something from him…

Caryn, hihi, yep that darn work…I wouldn’t have done it if I didn’t need money to go to see movies… I’m longing for the days where you could trade eggs for tickets …I would start a little farm….

JennJenn, congrats in the 1000!!!!! My day was alright, did you sleep well… I was a bit jealous that you still had 8 hours of sleep ahead of you…

Susie, I’m still a bit sore, I damaged my back muscles but I don’t know with what exactly…the therapist says it should be gone after the weekend…I have to be a bit more careful with the cold…
My mom call carnaval the feast for men who want to see how fast they can shag an other man’s wife, that’s the main reason why she hates it…I think she had some bad experience with flirting men or something….

Tracy, you are right, that pic puts your mind in the deepest gutter… mine just blanched and started re-run of some smut with Rob and me in the main character…

Fi, your life sounds so exciting,.. the move, I can completely understand that you are excited about that, a small place just for the two of you…and the webdesign course…that must be very interesting…

Raine, I’m happy you had some sort of good Bday, with Rob-crack and all…I see that strange illness that roamed this country for a while now got you, here people were sick for so long, a normal flu would last 4 days, this one lasted almost two weeks…I hope you feel better soon…

Lulu, I hope the Bob will work for you… I think it can be a great look…

this weekend I'll be alone again so I'll have time to post a lot...see you all tomorrow :wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Ilovetwilight0509
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ilovetwilight0509 »

Hey everyone, It is nice to be caught up for once. Well almost RAINE- HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY. SORRY I FORGET TO GO BACK AND SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Sorry to hear some of us have colds dragging on.

Fi-I hope you doon't mind me saying that I used to be a hairdresser and it might benefit you more to get the cut and then the highlights after. If I am understanding you correctly that you have long hair and you are getting a lot cut off and changing the style. I only say that so they could see the cut and place the highlights where it will add to the haircut. I would ask the receptionist to ask the hairdressor though.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Everyone!

My observation went well, but now I've got tons of other stuff to do, so I'll have to come back later for my mega post!

See Ya!
velvet409
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by velvet409 »

Good Evening Sisters!

I'm glad it's almost Friday. That means I'm that much closer to finally being off receptionist duty and I can start working my normal hours again. Half an hour can really make a difference, whether it's sleep or traffic. The phone hasn't rung too much but it's still distracting. I wish I was able to ignore it but when you're working with financial markets timeliness is essential.

So...I've been obsessively re-watching the new WfE trailer and I noticed something odd. In the new trailer, in the speakeasy scene Marlena is holding a cigarette between her fingers. If you go back and look at the original trailer, the cigarette has apparently been digitally erased from her hand. :scratch: I suspect I know why it was done but I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed and had their own thoughts about it?

Tammy~ Sorry to hear you're feeling so down. Unfortunately this kind of situation is very common. You eat because you're depressed and then you're depressed because you eat. It can be a hard cycle to break. Do you have a gym or YMCA nearby you can join? Are there any local exercise classes you could sign up for? I think it might be easier to stay motivated if you're not doing it alone, which is why I would recommend doing a class or hiring a trainer (if you can afford it). And of course you can feel free to rant in the HH whenever you feel the need to vent. We'll all be here with moral support and Robcrack. ;)

Susie~ :clap: for SonnyBoy's scholarship!

Jaclyn~ Loved your ActionRob photos! I'm glad that he arrived safe and sound and he's enjoying himself. I am so jealous that you have the new Vanity Fair while I haven't been able to get it and you don't even live in the US. I'm going to try again tomorrow to find it. I may have to take Caryn up on her offer to send me one as well. I don't think I've ever known anyone who didn't like cake. I do like it (red velvet in particular), but I actually prefer it without frosting. Sometimes it's just too sweet and I end up eating around it. Have you picked out your wedding colors yet? Do they do that in Scotland? I went with Ginnie and her family to see Gnomeo & Juliet. I was really cute.

lulu~ :good: for you reading Water for Elephants! It's quite the page turner isn't it? I saw the paperback edition with the movie cover and thought about buying it myself. Right now I have Ginnie's copy since she so generously lent it to me again. I know what you mean about those animal scenes. They were difficult for me too. I pretty much just read through those parts as quickly as I could and kept my focus on other parts of the story. Minor spoiler: Although I'll say it was satisfying for me when Rosie got her revenge in the end. :twisted: I hope they keep that stuff to a bare minimum in the movie. Now we just have to gang up on Jaclyn and get her reading too. :lol:

Anne-Marie~ :hug: So good to have you back in the Halfway House and that things are going well.

Sandy~ :wave:

Raine~ Sorry to hear you're sick but I'm glad you're reading Water for Elephants while you're resting. :grin: Happy Belated Birthday!

It seems several ladies are fighting colds and/or sinus problems right now. Hope you all get to feeling better quickly.

Sorry if I forgot anybody. I'm going to go back and check.
Banner by TammyAZ
"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

marielle--oh my!! i'm so sorry for your mom! that is so aweful that they sold her a stolen car. what a mess...

anyway, babyboy just woke up so i didn't get to post after reading all your posts, but i wanted to say hi and that my highlight went really well today! i looove my new hair color. she toned down the previous highlights and i love the color of that. she's also letting some of my natural color in so it looks a little more like the ombre color that's been popular the last year. anyway, she also talked me out of the bob and said i would hate it 2 weeks later. so i'm going to get it cut about mid-way between the bob and the long locks now and put a bunch of layers in it. it's been so fun doing all this!

ok, gotta run. take care!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hello, Everybody! We had in-service make-up until 7 pm tonight, so I am just now sitting down in my chair for the night. I am very sleepy and in need of a good night's sleep. I'll try to catch up with all of you this weekend. Night! :D
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Tonight must be the night for drive-bys. I'm home and I'm beat. The Kindle and my comfy pillows are calling. Will megapost tomorrow. Three 16-hour days in one week has kicked my bum good and proper! *hugs*
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

I'm mega posting tomorrow too! It will be a fun Friday!