Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
he_dazzles_me
Settled in Forks

Re: Special Effects

Post by he_dazzles_me »

The sparkling effect was simply amazing. I was extremely impressed with how they made it look like he had diamonds all over his skin. All the other special effects were amazing too. I just kinda wished they digitally removed the outline of Rob's contacts during a couple of the closeups, where it was pretty obvious.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

See, I didn't notice any contacts. I was to "dazzled" by his eyes!
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

i had expected the sparkling to be a bit more. In one of the books.. can't remember which right now.. it makes reference to his skin casting rainbows from the sparkle...

he twinkled and it was pretty, but i didn't think it was as intense as it was surpossed to be. It just appeared to have some body glitter. If he had stepped out into the sunlight in Italy sparkling like that i'm not sure many would have noticed unless they were really looking at him... but Alice tells Bella on the plane that he was going to do something really dramatic, that "twinkling" in the movie (in my opinion) isn't all that dramatic

but it was pretty.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

cheezyness in unavoidable. I saw a theatrical performance of Hamlett once. Hamlett is not cheezy... untill..

Keanu reeves plays Hamlett and has to say "My Most Excellent Men"

anyone who has seen Bill and Ted couldn't help but crack up.

I wanted more sparkel, but if there was too much gragarious sparkling, we'd complain about that also. I did hear that it was really hard for them to acchieve the best possible sparkle.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

i thought the special effects were very well done. i mean they could have MUCH better. but i'll give it a break considering the budget.
i thought they were very awesome too. flying through the trees, running, sparkling (OMG. can rob get any prettier?) and yeah all of it was good. and Cam....ahhhh
my favourite special effects were in the meadow and the ballet studio and when the cullens were hunting james (edward, rosalie and emmett)
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

no no.. i hope they remove the dingling sparkle when they show them in the sunlight again... seriously, no bells.
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
#1twi-guy
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by #1twi-guy »

Please don't hate on me, but Edward in the sunlight wasn't that good.
It looked like he had white sparkling fur all over his body. It wasn't smooth.
I just think they could've done better with that.

And I didn't like how when they showed it, you can hear little jingling bells. Sure it adds to the sparkle, but no.
Just no.

Other than that, the movie was totally boss.
Loved it. :mrgreen:

The original twi-guy.
While people obsess over Edward, I have a thing for Alice. Hehe
rapidheartbeat<3twi

Post by rapidheartbeat<3twi »

I agree with the sparking, twi guy, I mean, it's a hard thing to do anyways, but I thought it just didn't work.
"If you're going to have a lapse in control, I can think of a better place for it."-Bella-Eclipse
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

he_dazzles_me wrote:The sparkling effect was simply amazing. I was extremely impressed with how they made it look like he had diamonds all over his skin. All the other special effects were amazing too. I just kinda wished they digitally removed the outline of Rob's contacts during a couple of the closeups, where it was pretty obvious.

yesssss
my exact thoughts, even with the eyes. Overall i was SO PLEASED with all the special effects but most of all, Edward's sparkle. That's such an important aspect of all the books and i'm so glad they invested alot of time in it and did it right.
Hizzah for Catherine Hardwick :D :D :D
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
cedwardrox

Post by cedwardrox »

I think the special effects were great. I don't know a whole lot about the Tech part of movies, but the Techies who did Twilight did a great job!!!
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb." (EC)
"What a stupid lamb." (BS)
"What a sick, masochistic lion." (EC)

Team Nessie. NO! Not the Loch Ness Monster!

E<3B (Team Edward)
R<3B (Team Renesmee)