Jacob and Leah's friendship

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Re: Jacob and Leah's friendship

Post by Landiana »

i agree
i never though Jake would imprint on Leah because it would have happened when they first saw each other after becoming a wolf
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

LOL

Jacob: "Seth, will you get mad at me if I kill your sister?"
Seth: "well, yeah, I guess so."
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Kat.Flow wrote:Well, joining the topic...

When I read BD, and saw the change of friendship between Jacob and Leah I was almost thinking that they had imprinted each other but they were not really noticing (I know, is a weird idea). Sometimes I didn't understand how Sam could never show a little bit of comprehensión towards Leah behavior, I know the imprint....
But when I saw that Jacob and Leah were like comforting each other, all made sense. They both were rejected by the person they loved and...you know, they have a lot of common, it was great to see that both of them found a little of comprehension.
Immy93 wrote:
I really wish Stephaine Meyer had given Leah ehr happily ever after that I think she deserved! I feel that she leaned on Jacob becuse of how similar his situation was to hers and when he imprinted I think she must ahve felt more alone than ever and it would have been great if she met someone too!

Does anyone agree?
I agree with you! It makes sense she felt more alone now that the person that understood her have found love.

Agreed, i was so sad that Leah was basically in the same shoes as Jacob at the end of Eclipse. Better yet, she already WAS there- we just didn't know it, so having Jacob find love and having Leah be alone AGAIN is like a double kick in the face...poor Leah-i really don't agree with people who hate Leah. She's had a rough suckfest of a life- i mean i would be exactly the same, maybe worse if those kind of things happened to me. But it's exactly those kind of characters and people that deserve a second shot...that deserve their happy ending, because although they've lost everything, they're still alive and breathing waiting for that person to come and save them. And to me, that's exactly the kind of person that deserves a happy ending the most.
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

I have to admit, I was caught off guard with Jake and Leah. I thought they would eventually become intimate at one point, but then I knew it would never happen because Jake can never imprint on her. I was disappointed by that because I think both of there attitudes could mesh. Other than that, I loved there new found relationship and think that they are more like a brother/sister couple now. It turned out great, I think.
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

I wanted them to have a one night stand and then Bella walkign in! :lol:
(I know she couldn't walk because of Nessie but could you imagine it?!)
I thought she was harsh the way she treated Jake and it would have been a bit of a slap in the face!
It would have added to the equasion aswell!

I'm getting a bit carried away now! :lol:

xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Immy93 wrote:I wanted them to have a one night stand and then Bella walkign in! :lol:
(I know she couldn't walk because of Nessie but could you imagine it?!)
I thought she was harsh the way she treated Jake and it would have been a bit of a slap in the face!
It would have added to the equasion aswell!

I'm getting a bit carried away now! :lol:

xxx
LOL that would've been great. For once Jake makes Bella jealous!!! Would've loved that!!
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I love that Leah is the only one who really stands up to Jacob and tells him what is what. And I literally was rooting out loud for her when she left Sam's pack... that girl deserves so much better! :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

I never thought about a Jacob/Leah relationship until that section in BD where they're talking to each other. (I cried!) That's when I thought, Aww... I guess they could belong together. They both understand what it's like to know that they're not able to get the one they love, even though they didn't imprint on each other. At that point I was rooting for a Jacob/Leah love for the first time. :D

Love,
*Wanderer*
CullenxLove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: frolicing through the unicorn forest that is RPattz's hair

Post by CullenxLove »

extremely unexpected, but so glad that their friends. it really helped me to understand leah more, and i liked that. i really felt bad for her, and im so glad that she now has jake as a friend to be there for her...
oh jeez, now i have to remind myself that their only characters in a book! ah! :shock: lol

Team Edward, Emmett, Alice, Jacob, Garrett, Jasper, Seth, Bella, Charlie, and Renesmee<3
"And by the way I adore you..in frightening, dangerous ways" - Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I totally thought they were going to hook up the first time reading through Breaking Dawn... but I knew that they weren't imprinted because he had seen her since becoming a werewolf... and I really wanted Jacob to imprint on someone to take away the "I love Bella" pain. :)

But i'm happy about the way their friendship ended up. it was awesome that Leah was ballsy enough to leave Sam's pack and side with what she thought was right and a good idea for her! :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/