The Midnight Breed Book Series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Re: The Midnight Breed Book Series

Post by Nena »

Look no more! Here is the Psy/Changeling thread:

http://www.twilightlexiconforum.com/vie ... =25&t=1144
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I love how we just throw out random couples out here, and we all know exactly who it is. I'm not wishing for anything bad to happen to Gideon and Savannah. I'm hope we're past that since we saw how tortured Tegan and Rio were (albeit different circumstances). I think a prequel would be awesome; we could then see how rowdy and randy our favorite vamp warriors were before they bonded. To be honest, we only see a little bit of their wildness and then ...BOOM... they're bonded. I agree that one of the biggest things I like about MB is the strong females. The Breedmates are perfect partners with the warriors. My favorite was when Elyse helped Lucan in Tegan's book. Can you remember the last time Wrath took Bella out with him to find a wounded warrior? true, Jane is very strong and helps out, but she's a ghostie. It's easy to be brave when you are already dead.

I naturally want to compare and contrast everything, so don't yell at me for doing that with our favorite paranoromantical heroes.

Who else compared Vaughn and Rhage? Beautiful warriors who were attracted to women who felt insecure and insufficient.

May I add that it's nice to have a thread where we are all adults. I mean *ADULT* adults. :)

PS. I asked Nena for a Psy/Changeling thread. It should be ready at any time. *SQUEE*
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Teak
Wandering Through Town

Post by Teak »

Oh Nena and GNE, thank you for the Psy/Changeling thread! I'll have to jump over there and check it out.
Psy/Changeling thread would be great. I never read the fourth book. Do you think I need to before I read the newest one comimg out? Didn't realize it was so soon!
You know AG, I think it would be best to read the 4th book before the new one, cause there are characters in there that you will need to know.

I did love it when Elise helped defeat Lucan's brother; she was fearless. I loved it too how the women figured out the tapestry and brought it to the Breed. I haven't read Breed series in a while...time for a reread I think. Some of the details are fuzzy for me.
I naturally want to compare and contrast everything, so don't yell at me for doing that with our favorite paranoromantical heroes.
It's fun to compare them in my opinion too. Lots of similarities in many of the series, but enough differences to keep them unique.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

In my opinion, MB, BDB and P/C are all series that must be read in order since each book paves the way for the next. Especially with Dorian's book coming out and so much was set up in Clay's book.

Speaking of Sterling/Harvard (MINE), I agree, I keep thinking his book should be sooner. Unless he needs to cool off and heal from the loss of Elyse. Course, I would be more than happy to ease his pain. :twisted:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Una, I'm so glad you found a new love in Harvard. I am claiming Qhuinn as all mine. ALL MINE. You can keep the banner--gives me something to look at.

With MB we see so much of what is missing in BDB. I like that we've seen a Breedmate heal from the death of her husband (Elise), a pregnant Breedmate lose her warrior in death, a warrior lose his wife to the enemy, and a warrior lose his wife because she became the enemy. I also love the little gimmick with the Breedmate birthmark. It's pretty cool, and I wish I had one.

Another thing I love is that the pregnancies are normal. Right? They only have boys, true?
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:Una, I'm so glad you found a new love in Harvard. I am claiming Qhuinn as all mine. ALL MINE. You can keep the banner--gives me something to look at.
I NEVER said I was giving up my percentage of Qhuinn....nice try! Unless you've given up all claims to Vaughn and Teagan and claiming ONLY Qhuinn?? *observes silence* That's what I thought! We're still sharing him, sister, I just won't fight you for Teagan. :D

I believe their pregnancies are normal except that they only produce males. One of my favorite aspects of MB which is lacking in BDB is the much stronger roles the females have and their stronger characters. They don't just find their mate and then blend into the background with all of us wondering how they fill the hours. The breedmates not only keep up the (what?) mansion, they also lend their specialized talents into the fight. When I first read the series, I wondered if Gabby became a 'kept' women like I assumed Savannah was. But I was thrilled when I read later on that she continues to venture out taking pictures and finding other rogue lairs. I felt so proud of my gender (and then reminded myself this is a fictional world).
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Errrgh! FIne, Una; I will continue to share. I hardly slept last night so I have no witty reportoire today. Maybe later. ;)

We need to get the PSD going again. Where's Nima?
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una

Post by una »

You didnt' sleep last night? Who's to blame for that, Qhuinn? Teagan? Vaughn? Or is there some new hottie?

Last night I wasn't stalked by Hawke. He is being placated by my reread of the series. However, Sterling did decide to come by and complain that he isn't on Lara's schedule of book releases. I don't know why he just doesn't complain to her?!? :lol:

Here's my contribution for today: It's Guess that Hottie!!
http://www.piercemattie.com/fashionprdi ... ridsen.jpg
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:We need to get the PSD going again. Where's Nima?
My sincere apologies. I've been consumed with football! FS had his senior portraits done this morning with a great photographer in Ault Park here in Cincinnati. He had one shot taken shirtless. I had to laugh. He's so darn cute, but the kid's got abs and shoulders. Not sure I'll actually order any prints of that one!

So as for PSD of legal age...Thundra recently said she though Michael Phelps looked like a vamp. What do you think?

This guy has something really nice about his eyes...Sterling?
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Alice's Grandma
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice's Grandma »

Una - guess that Hottie - are we suppose to say which character we'd think he'd be good as? If so, with those gray eyes, I'd say Lucan.

nissanmama - I said that exact same thing over at the Dex, but nobody agreed! Look at those canines and pale skin! Something has to be up with that!

And whoever that guy is, he's a good Sterling. I can picture him in both a business suit (in the beginning) and then suited up for a fight - tight black clothing with a leather jacket. ;)