General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Re: Jacob and Edward's relationship

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

I think these two became such good friends at the end of BD. The comradeship between them in the clearing as as a family unit now is really nice. Jacob now respects Edward as a person now, rather than a "reeking bloodsucker' or "leech" and Edward is proud to have someone as part of his family who has grown up as much as Jake has.
The way they are so comfortable around each other is so good and how their shared love for Bella was the cause of the friction in the beginning, which could finally be resolved when Jake found his own and how their entire family has grown and strengthened as a result.
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
StarEmerson
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by StarEmerson »

When Edward said goodbye to Jacob in the clearing, oh my gosh! I was welling up "...my brother, my son"
"Magic Keeps Us Alive"

AliceLove
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by AliceLove »

I loved the part about "my brother, my son" too!!! It was so sweet. I love how they changed from absolutely hating each other to becoming so much closer... :D

Thanks ilovetwilight!
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

StarEmerson wrote:When Edward said goodbye to Jacob in the clearing, oh my gosh! I was welling up "...my brother, my son"
To be honest I quite liked all the bitching! :lol:
I thought it mad it quite juicy!
I do agree that that was a really cute scene though!

xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
Ichigo Kitty

Post by Ichigo Kitty »

Yeah, and it was really funny when Jacob called him a "bloodsucker" :lol: but yeah, I agree that it was sweet too. When I saw Edward saying that to Jacob I was like.... :shock: am I reading this right? lol because they used to hate each other.
Ice and Fire co-existing together without destroying each other...

~ E<3B
CullenxLove
Location: frolicing through the unicorn forest that is RPattz's hair

Post by CullenxLove »

im really glad that jacob and edward became friends :) although just thinking about jacob becoming edwards son in law someday is kind of weird..but whatever :) lol but i found the part in the clearing when they were about to fight the volturi when edward said "..my brother, my son" really touching, at first cheesy, but then just really touching :) lol

Team Edward, Emmett, Alice, Jacob, Garrett, Jasper, Seth, Bella, Charlie, and Renesmee<3
"And by the way I adore you..in frightening, dangerous ways" - Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
amie

Post by amie »

The thing is, liking someone can actually amplify jealousy. Would Edward really be nervous that Jake might sweep Bella away if Jake were a womanizing schmuck? Would there be any cause for concern if Jake were anything less than a pretty spectacular match for Bella himself? No - because Edward thinks Bella is smart and intuitive and a good judge of people. Jacob is a worthy match for Bella, deserving of respect, able to keep her safe, and he understands her in ways no one else does. That scares the pants off Edward (well, I wish it did, but that's another story...)

It's because Edward likes Jacob so much that he dislikes him...
EllenV.i.F
Settled in Forks

Post by EllenV.i.F »

I think that through the series Jake has grown up, he's now (In BD) a young adult that takes the rank that he deserves inside of a pack that should be his. And Ed with the time learn to respect him (even if in DB he ask Jake to kill him, i was in shock in those pages, that were actually really hard to believe), during this last book, we could see that some caracter took the screen for they own, like Jake did, and the "incident" with Renesmee, makes Ed furious, but at the end Ed, still respect him, as he says so in the "Battle scene" he says to him "Jacob, my friend, my brother, my son" (i don't know if those are the right words, i really don't have the book here right now, so forgive me if i'm wrong). So, i think that since the very begening Ed and Jake suposed to be friends... Even Steph unconsiousness knew it, because the caracters already new it.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i think that they both changed towards each other in different ways.

i think edward learned to see jacob as an equal. i think he always respected him, but the way you respect someone who is younger than you. i think jacob always saw edward as an equal, but hated him. so i think that jacob lost that hatred, and edward gained a little more respect for jake. which is cool, very cool.

honestly, if jacob and edward hadn't been fighting over bella, i think jacob would have been very seth-like in his attitude towards vampires and edward in general.

TWILIGHT ODYSSEY CLUE #4
Twilight as religion? I don’t see why not.
This thread is the place where its tenets are taught.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
leahlovetwilight
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by leahlovetwilight »

from edward not really liking jake, and jake thinking edward is okay, to them both bitterly hating each other, to being two parts of a love triangle, to being friends, and possible in laws that are like physically the same age..hmmm
interesting,
"when i got home,all my things were in the garage."-edward cullen
he's probably thinking,love sick morons