Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ClaudiaCullen
Learning to Love Green

Re: Twilight the Movie ~ I liked it!

Post by ClaudiaCullen »

I liked the movie but i really strongly hope they change the director for new moon because she coulda done better.
I really loved the actors omg so perfect
rob and kristen and amazing and taylor is beautiful

and woot embryyyy lol
:)

im mad he didnt get crediteded

:)

im gonna deff go see it again
and

YAY 70 mil this weekend woot we did awesome :)
3 perfect men
IAN O'SHEA
EDWARD ANTHONY MASEN CULLEN AND JASPER HALE <333
ClaudiaCullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by ClaudiaCullen »

LionandLamb123 wrote: I LOVED the movie!! I think the casting was GREAT! Especially Edward, Bella, Jasper, Alice, Emmett and Carlisle were really great! And yes, even Jessica :D
I loved the random phrases that weren't in the book like:
"My monkey man!" -Rosalie
"You better hold on tight spider monkey" -Edward
"Jasper is the one who looks like he is in pain" -Jessica (and the whole part with the dress)
"...Cat" -Edward (in the resteraunt)

There were some parts I missed though, like the medow scene, even though it was there, but there was no dialoge. Chapter 13 seemed to be nonexistant which made no sense because that is what started the book. Some parts I felt were unlike Edward, like telling her about being a vampire at the most random time, and that part where he practically dragged her along. I do understand that it is a 600 page book and trying to consolidate that into 2 hours is hard, but I just felt like there was more to the story that could have been portrayed and I felt it was sort of rushed, so i would recommend reading the books if you have not to anyone I knew just fully understand everything. DESPITE all of that I still REALLY LOVED it and I am DYING to see it again!!!

My favorite scene was probably the baseball scene :D I just loved it for some reason :D It had some great moments :D
:D :D :D
the baseball scene is amazing lol :)
i loved it too
it was too cute

yeah i agree they rushed it they completely skipped some major plot points and made things blurry.. but still it was good and im just happy to see it on the big screen lol
3 perfect men
IAN O'SHEA
ClaudiaCullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by ClaudiaCullen »

freeml wrote:I'm not completely decided on how I feel about the movie yet (I need to see it again for sure), but here's what I liked about it:

-Mike nicknaming Bella "Arizona"...it seemed just like something Mike would do (to kind of claim ownership over her by giving her a pet name) :P I thought it was cute.

-I liked that they had some voice-overs (but I wish they would have added more of Bella's thoughts...like the part when Jessica is questioning Bella in Trig after Port Angeles, and Bella is thinking about Edward, "the vampire that wants to be good" etc)

-Emmett was funny and Rosalie was just as mean as I thought she'd be...and while I'm at it, I'll add that all of the Cullens were great (but I wish we could have seen a lot more from them!)

-Charlie in the ER, telling Tyler he can kiss his license goodbye (or however he phrases it) and then pulling the curtain = hilarious! :lol: Actually, pretty much all of the Charlie scenes were great. I hadn't ever developed a mental picture of Charlie from the book, so it was nice to see him brought to life.

-The kiss was HOT :shock: (I know some people are complaining about it being "too much" but I thought it was just fiiiine ;) )

-I liked that the nomads got a bit more of a backstory than in the book, to kind of add to the suspense.

-The music was great! I might have to buy the soundtrack now!

-The scene when Bella is losing consciousness, and all these images are flashing in her mind, I like the one with her and Edward lying in the snow...it was beautiful...

yeah basically
son your edward
you read my mind rofl

OMG YOU MISSED WHEN SHE DREAMT EDWARD BIT HER OMG SO SEXXYY lol
that was so cute and like hot she looked amazing :)
3 perfect men
IAN O'SHEA
JoanneMaria
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: crying in the midst of a boundless labyrinth of ancient trees *New York*

Post by JoanneMaria »

I loved the movie, all of it. Is it just like the books, NO, but I didn't expect it to be.
The cast was great, all of them. Rob, for me, was the true embodiment of what Edward is truly all about, he left me breathless.
My favorite scenes were:
In the hospital after the ballet studio. The intensity of their love was so evident especially Edward being so torn between his desire for Bella and his beliefs as to what was better for her. A prelude of what is to come.
The scene when Edward was sucking out the venom was so intense. Again his desire for Bella and his desire for her blood, talk about being torn.
The scenes when Edward was letting himself be himself, being a happy 17 year old boy in love. When he jumped onto Bella's truck, acting human. Jumping out of his bedroom window with Bella, the beginning of the baseball scene and when he rolled his eyes at Bella's introduction to his family. Edward was finally able to share himself with someone. All very human moments for Edward. So Sweet.
I have only seen it once, so far, but am going again this weekend and I cannot wait!!! :D
"Life sucks, and then you die." BD 143
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

I absolutely loved the movie, even with the flaws. I've read a few post in the "I didn't like it" forum, and they seemed disappointed mostly because of "Edward's meadow". I too, feel the same way. I thought they should have made it a bit more personal & the effects of the "sparkling", but oh I just loved it when they were laying together! XD I will definitely be seeing it again, again, and AGAIN! I plan on buying that movie!
VampGirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by VampGirl »

Everyone who loved the movie, go to http://www.rottentomatoes.com and give it a good rating. The current rating has slipped to only 43% positive. We've GOT to do better than that!!!
Come on Twi-Hards - vote for Twilight now!!

By the way, I have nothing at all to do with RT. I just want to see Twilight get a better deserved rating. :)
ImageImageImageImageImageE<3B
love2travel
Wandering Through Town

Post by love2travel »

i loved the movie even if it wasn't totally faithful to the book and a lot of scenes I would have liked to see onscreen wasn't there...
the chemistry between edward and bella was so a-ma-zing!
love2travel
Wandering Through Town

Post by love2travel »

i loved the movie even if it wasn't totally faithful to the book and a lot of scenes I would have liked to see onscreen wasn't there...
the chemistry between edward and bella was so a-ma-zing!
XxKatiexX
Settled in Forks

Post by XxKatiexX »

I loved the movie too and I really think they've done an amazing job I don't think they shouldn't change the director, Catherine was very good and who knows how another one would do the next one. Of course there are some things which are changed but we knew it and just because it isn't exactly like the book doesn't mean they have to change the director. It was a good movie and I think no one else could have done it better. The only thing I didn't like that much was the fact that it was so fast, they rushed a bit through the story but that wasn't that bad and maybe it just felt like that. It was really cool to watch it and the parts I thought they couldn't do so well, were really good and not bad at all. I don't think we should be too fussy about it ...It was not as good as the book but think of the movie eragon which was so different and now see Twilight ... Why see all the bad things when there are so little.

All in all the movie was VERY VERY Good (If you don't be too fussy about it and don't compare it too much with the book)
CullenxLove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: frolicing through the unicorn forest that is RPattz's hair

Post by CullenxLove »

so at first, i hated the movie. but then i went to see it again, and my whole opinion has changed lol
i now love the movie, and think everyone did a great job. i really felt the pain coming from edward/rob. i even ended up crying lol but i actually think its really great now, and have pretty much no issues with it. some of the scenes i hated before have become my some of my favorites.. lol

Team Edward, Emmett, Alice, Jacob, Garrett, Jasper, Seth, Bella, Charlie, and Renesmee<3
"And by the way I adore you..in frightening, dangerous ways" - Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun