Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Wingtear wrote: still considering:

the meadow, what's with ditching school to go sparkle? Not Edwards style really....
None of the Cullens attended school when it was sunny because they were afraid of being caught sparkling. They always ditched. It's in the book.

As for Bella's converse shoe, I was surprised to see it in the movie because it isn't what she wore in the book; however, after I thought about it, it makes sense. The converse shoe fits Bella's character better. Also, I know it goes against the book, but to have Bella all glammed up makes me think of the craptastic movie, She's All That. Furthermore, Bella disliked wearing dresses; perhaps she didn't like having her legs exposed (*shrugs*), and maybe that's why she wore leggings. Did you also notice she didn't wear a skirt or a blue sweater to meet the Cullens?
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:As for Bella's converse shoe, I was surprised to see it in the movie because it isn't what she wore in the book; however, after I thought about it, it makes sense. The converse shoe fits Bella's character better.
What was unfortunate about it missing to me was it was one of the few times that Edward was overtly playful and suggestive with Bella. I should have like to have seen it. *sigh*
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I must say tho', I was really disappointed that Ms. Cope wasn't a red head...and didn't oggle Edward more. :cry: I feel like we were almost snubbed...we Ms. Copes of the world! :evil:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

nissanmama wrote:
Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:As for Bella's converse shoe, I was surprised to see it in the movie because it isn't what she wore in the book; however, after I thought about it, it makes sense. The converse shoe fits Bella's character better.
What was unfortunate about it missing to me was it was one of the few times that Edward was overtly playful and suggestive with Bella. I should have like to have seen it. *sigh*
Ahhh, too true. We also didn't get to see the beginning of Alice and Bella's best-friend ship.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:
Wingtear wrote: still considering:

the meadow, what's with ditching school to go sparkle? Not Edwards style really....
None of the Cullens attended school when it was sunny because they were afraid of being caught sparkling. They always ditched. It's in the book.
I think what Wingtear meant is that it wasn't a sunny day in the movie. Edward and Bella had to climb to get to one tiny sunny spot high up in the mountain. I was a bit thrown off by that as well.

I was talking to a friend today who also saw the movie and he said that during the "cooking" scene where Bella meets the Cullens, they are tossing chunks of raw bacon into the salad. I didn't notice that. Did anyone else happen to catch that?
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Ambrosia

Post by Ambrosia »

Destani, that is all my husband talked about the first time I dragged him to the movie. "They put raw bacon in that salad, aren't your vampires supposed to be good at things". It was so cute, but I do wonder why Emmett did that. Strange.
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Duh! My bad Wingtear (and Destani). I was completely overlooking "the meadow" part of that.

I don't know. I would think that disappearing for several days out of the blue, cutting class when it's sunny, and leaving to hunt every and now then implies that it is in their nature to ditch class occasionally. Heck, I'd ditch if I'd gone to high school as many times as they had. Of course, I'm reading into their characters.

We do have to remember this is a book adaptation. I'm still very happy that the essence of Twilight remained.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Yes, I caught the raw bacon in the salad part! Emmett just looked too cute waving the knife "hello" at Bella. I have giggled each time I've seen it.

I can't remember... I thought Bella and Edward went to the meadow after school. I'm going to see it again on Wednesday, so I'll watch for that.

*sigh* Another thing I thought was lacking was the visible expressions of Edward's attraction to Bella: his comment about the stiletto; the comment of how that shade of blue looks lovely with her skin. I realize that they didn't want to make this look like just another teen romance, but something physical between them taken from the book would have been nice to see.
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Post by Nena »

Ok, so I am not sure how close to detail production was during the movie, but I didn't see anything wrong with the food scene because Esme said that they were cooking "Italiano" for Bella.
They were following the instructions from a cooking show, and even though it wasn't my favorite Italian chef (Giada De Laurntiis) I thought the cooking broadcast was alright, I thought it was Emeril, but I am not sure :?

I have seen Giada use Pancetta in salads all the time. Pancetta is your Italian equivalent of American bacon. I have never seen Giada cook the pancetta before and from a few google searches I made, it seems like pancetta is cured, dried and ready to eat. However I also found information that you can find it raw here in the U.S.

Anyway like I said, I don't know if they were using pancetta or not, but we can't jump to the conclusion that they got it wrong and used raw bacon.

ps: where is my italian friend when I need her? dimber are you around here? :)
Destani

Post by Destani »

^^ Wow, I didn't know that. I am definitely NOT a good cook so I don't know much.

As I said, I didn't even see it. I wasn't paying attention to any of the ingredients, I was looking at Cullens. :D
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/