What did you think of the Twilight Series?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Ella12
Settled in Forks

Re: What did you think of the Twilight Series?

Post by Ella12 »

its a phenomenom. it's without a shadow of a doubt the best book i've read, thus far. i relate so much to the characters, especially Bella. The saga has impacted on lots of aspects of my life, which i know sounds silly and over the top ('its just a book?!' is a phrase i've heard many, many times since Twilight) But i think about it constantly. Midnight Sun is also incredible, and good to see Edwards perspective. I think if my obsession escalates any further i may just have to write to Stephenie Meyer & accuse her of taking over my life, ha ha... In short the twilight saga is amazing.
Tinkerbell 31
Wandering Through Town

Post by Tinkerbell 31 »

well i knew it was about vampire i had read the first book of the series twilight in a reading class i took last year (my junior year)since iam still in high school so my class finished that book i had bought the book that year to read ahead of where i was at in my reading class and then once my reading class finished that book i had heard about all the other sequels to it and now iam currently reading new moon and loving it so then about a week ago i bought eclipse and iam excited to read it after i finish new moon well i love the series so far even if iam only on the secound book.
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

It's also a means of an escape! When you just want to lose yourself in imaginiation, Twilight is where I go. I love it so much, so much, SOOO much! This sounds silly, but, the characters are like, another family!
ImageImage
E<3B
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

twilightbelle<3 wrote:It's also a means of an escape! When you just want to lose yourself in imaginiation, Twilight is where I go. I love it so much, so much, SOOO much! This sounds silly, but, the characters are like, another family!
This is exactly what Twilight is to me! I read when I need an escape: I read Twilight. When I need comfort: I read Twilight. When I am happy: I read Twilight. Pretty much: I read Twilight.
And it doesn't sound silly that the characters are like that: They ARE my other family. :lol:
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
Ella12
Settled in Forks

Post by Ella12 »

when I need an escape: I read Twilight. When I need comfort: I read Twilight. When I am happy: I read Twilight. Pretty much: I read Twilight.

Agreed.
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

It's the most well-written book I have ever read, hands down. It's like...a book that makes you go through like 10zillion emotions. I laughed, I cried, I got angry, I got euphoric. I think my cheeks are still sore from smiling about the wedding! XD
ImageImage
E<3B
foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by foolinthemoon »

twilightbelle<3 wrote:It's the most well-written book I have ever read, hands down. It's like...a book that makes you go through like 10zillion emotions. I laughed, I cried, I got angry, I got euphoric. I think my cheeks are still sore from smiling about the wedding! XD

I feel you there, the best part is, you react the same way EVERY time you read it. I love everything about it, the parts that makes me mad, makes me smile, makes me cry, make me ponder, its all wonderful. I've read twilight quite a few times, yet i still cry at the emotions displayed on the page, at the scenes i see in my head.

I think everyone craves a bit of magic in their world, and thats what Twilight is... Magic.
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

foolinthemoon wrote:
twilightbelle<3 wrote:It's the most well-written book I have ever read, hands down. It's like...a book that makes you go through like 10zillion emotions. I laughed, I cried, I got angry, I got euphoric. I think my cheeks are still sore from smiling about the wedding! XD

I feel you there, the best part is, you react the same way EVERY time you read it. I love everything about it, the parts that makes me mad, makes me smile, makes me cry, make me ponder, its all wonderful. I've read twilight quite a few times, yet i still cry at the emotions displayed on the page, at the scenes i see in my head.

I think everyone craves a bit of magic in their world, and thats what Twilight is... Magic.

And it's funny how, the cast of the movie, is just how I imagined them all to look!...-shakes head- Magic..is an understatement! :lol:
ImageImage
E<3B
edwardisperfection
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by edwardisperfection »

My friend Caite got me into Twilight in late September. I knew nothing about it except for some amazing character called Edward who she told me I would fall in love with, it involved vampires, and it was possibly better than Harry Potter.

(I almost had an anuerism at this one. We were both, actually STILL, Harry Potter lovers and I refused to believe anything could compete with my favourite series.... except my mind quickly changed after Twilight. Their still very close though... but Twilight is winning by a smidgen.)

I didn't even know much about the movie, the only thing I had seen was ONE poster in a bookshop which turned out to be a poster for the movie - which I realised later. It was the one with Edward looking down with BellA next to him, and I didn't even realise it was "that guy who played Cedric" (what i USED to know rob pattinson as) because it looked nothing like him.

So I started reading it, and couldn't put it down. I read it in one night, and then went to school the next day completely tired and with absolutely no energy, but still managing to rave on and on about it, and Edward, so much that my friend finally just pulled out New Moon, gave it to me and said " yeah, theres another one", and watched me grin like an idiot. And I found all the rest of the books,gobbled them all up and then went out and bought them and reread them again and again.

And um, that basically meant my life was complete. Twilight is simply an amazing series... something about it just captivates me. It makes me feel a million different emotions; makes me smile so much that my cheeks hurt, makes me cry so much I get a headache, and pretty much just makes me feel awesome when I'm feeling sad, or feel sad when I'm awesome and then back to awesome again.

It's so easy to get lost in the story and that to me makes an amazing piece of literature: if you can escape with it.
Twilight really does the deserve all the praise it gets, and I think Stephenie Meyer is the saviour to a whole generation of teenage girls... and then some :D
TeamEdward
Bringing sexyback since 1901.
"So the lion fell in love with the lamb."
"What a lucky lamb."
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I pretty much found the books on my own, but a girl I know did tell me about them. And over the course of this past year I got my two best friends hooked. :D

I totally adore this series. I have always wished that these characters were real and that I could just jump into the book with them. I also daydream or have real dreams about the characters, and it's actually kinda creepy. But, I enjoy it. I love to think up new stories about the characters. Or, if I could, rewrite the books in what I would like to happen. Not, that I don't like happened. Just what would have happened if Bella had never went to Italy and stayed with Jacob. Or if she had gone to Italy, and realized that she wanted Jacob more than Edward. Or if Jacob had crashed the wedding but, came bursting throught the doors as the priest was saying, "So, does anyone have any reason for the couple not to be married?" And then Jacob comes and everything turns to chaos.

I would think that it would be fun. :D

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"