Totally Inside Jacob's Mind

Struggles and Conflict in Breaking Dawn

Post by be my escape »

Discuss the various struggles and conflcits in Breaking Dawn
Alice's Twin Sister
Wandering Through Town

Re: Struggles and Conflict in Breaking Dawn

Post by Alice's Twin Sister »

Whooohooo.... First post on the thread! One of my favorite conflicts and all around scenes in BD was when Jacob told Bella for the first time about his imprint on Renesmee. I got the biggest kick out of her chasing him and nearly beating the snot out of him...as if he could help it, poor guy! But, I laughed hysterically the whole time! I could just picture little Bella getting to pound huge tall Jake into the ground, the total picture of irony! :twisted:

Alice Rules!
Lara05
Settled in Forks

Post by Lara05 »

Bella's reaction was priceless. I thought it was only fitting that Emmett had bet with Jasper (though it could have been Edward, Bella never says) that Jacob would get a good butt kicking. :D

I particularly like the whole scene where Jacob finally claims his birthright and becomes alpha. I got completely caught up in that moment. You could really feel the dissorder and confusion that overtakes the pack and then the sense of loss when it sinks in that the pack is irrevocably split. But it stays true to form that when it came down to draw the line with the Volturi and even though Sam's pack is a spearate unit than Jacob's, they still consider themselves a brotherhood and were there in a second to back up Jake and the Cullens. I just loved that.
dragonrider713
Wandering Through Town

Post by dragonrider713 »

Bella's reaction was my favorite scene in the book. So funny!

I loved the big conflict at the end with the Volturi. I'm actually really glad that it wasn't a huge fight. I mean, I love a big battle just as much as the next person, but the whole "courtroom" thing was so much more interesting.
FrostyJasper
Wandering Through Town

Post by FrostyJasper »

i dont think there were ENOUGH conflicts! the other 3 books had a lot more conflicts.
ImageImage
Jatsia
Settled in Forks

Post by Jatsia »

dragonrider713 wrote:Bella's reaction was my favorite scene in the book. So funny!

I loved the big conflict at the end with the Volturi. I'm actually really glad that it wasn't a huge fight. I mean, I love a big battle just as much as the next person, but the whole "courtroom" thing was so much more interesting.

I have to agree with Bella's reaction. I was laughing and thinking, run Jacob, run!!!

I, too, loved the conflict with the Volturi. It showed how wise they have become after existing for so many years. They knew when they could win a fight and they knew when they couldn't. Hence, them backing down and leaving after their tricks and deviousness didn't work. I don't think they have ever had that happen to them before and I thought it was really neat to see them knocked off their pedestals for a bit. :P
dragonrider713
Wandering Through Town

Post by dragonrider713 »

Jatsia wrote:
I don't think they have ever had that happen to them before and I thought it was really neat to see them knocked off their pedestals for a bit. :P
It really was. The Volturi needed to be knocked down a few notches.
iamcocobanana
Settled in Forks

Post by iamcocobanana »

I just loved Bella's reaction when she figured out Jacob imprinted on Nessie. I was like "Go Bella!!" haha.
I would feel the same way if my best friend who's a werewolf imprinted on my BABY..
But it was kinda cute.
fireice99
Wandering Through Town

Post by fireice99 »

The conflict with the volturi was priceless. Bella was finally able to display her powers, if you will, from her becoming a vampire. She is finally not a player that needs to be protected, and instead is key to saving everyone else. The tension in the air was so thick through the scene, you could slice it with a knife. It was as classic way to end the series.

Kaleb Nation is awesome! Check out his site for insightful comments as he reads New Moon.
heartscreams
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by heartscreams »

the conflicts that i find interesting are

- with the Volturi at the end. though i expected a little more struggles too.
- Jacob imprinted on Renesmee
- among the packs
- Bella wanted to keep the baby in her womb, though it kinda killed her. i'll put this as a struggle too.

the struggles are

- like i said, when Bella refused to kill the baby in her womb.
- Edward and Jacob had to suffer by watching Bella in pain
- Bella giving birth to Renesmee
- Bella trying to push out her shield
- Jacob deciding to become the Alpha. although not much a struggle, but he was deciding as to whether he should or should not.
- Bella telling Jacob to take Renesmee and run off. not only a struggle, but so much pain there!
- the exchanging of powers between Jane, Alec, Benjamin, Bella.