Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

When Edward puts his arm around Bella and says "Since I am going to hell" and looks at everyone in Rosalie's car references the conversation Bella had with Carlisle about where vampires go after death.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
SCSugar
Settled in Forks

Post by SCSugar »

I've enjoyed reading through this thread. Only seen the movie once and I'm dying to see it again. It was wonderful, but you just couldn't pick up on some of the subtle humor unless you've read the books and the snippet of Midnight Sun.
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I really loved the wolves comments. I know it's an extra in the movie since the book doesn't mention anything, but it cracks me up cause it really is an inside joke. You'll defenitly know who read the books and who didn't.
My friend next to me (who didn't read the books at the time, but who I enlightened) counted three.

Specially at the end, when Jacob came to warn Bella. When Edward returns and takes her with him and says 'I leave you for one minute and the wolves are set'.

I laughed a bit to loud at that point ;) Even the second time I saw it in theaters.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
LizCA217
Settled in Forks

Post by LizCA217 »

JodeenSings wrote:This isn't a "joke" but did anyone else notice that the waitress had a shamrock necklace? Waylon had the shamrock shirt that Victoria stole. Do you think there was a little somthin' somthin' going on with Waylon and the waitress?
I didn't connect the waitress and Waylon but did notice the shamrocks, I think it's about that rather than them as a couple. Also the Cullen Crest has shamrocks on it and none of the actors seemed to know why. I wonder what that was about!
SCSugar
Settled in Forks

Post by SCSugar »

Lieziewiezie wrote:I really loved the wolves comments. I know it's an extra in the movie since the book doesn't mention anything, but it cracks me up cause it really is an inside joke. You'll defenitly know who read the books and who didn't.
So true. I had just finished reading Twilight to my Dh and was part way through New Moon when we saw the movie. He already had Jacob figured out and laughed at the wolves line in the movie.
*E>Stupid.Lamb<3*
Settled in Forks

Post by *E>Stupid.Lamb<3* »

could anyone else tell when Edward and Bella on the way back from Port Angles....they stopped at the police station....Carlisle came out...if watch Edward it seems as though Carlisle was saying something in his head and Edward was reading it.
Tinkerbell 31
Wandering Through Town

Post by Tinkerbell 31 »

the joke about the cullens being vagaterians as they call it
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

Sullie06 wrote:
UnfreakinBelievable wrote:I just saw the movie a second time and I was able to notice all the little things our favorite clutz, Bella, did:
- slamming the truck door into Jacob
- slipping on the ice in her driveway
- dropping a bag in her kitchen

Did anyone else notice any more clutzy Bella moments?

That might not be something people pick up on if they haven't read the book.
She trips in the field trip scene and I think she stumbles at least once when they are in the woods.
I like the end credits when Bella and Edward both fall together. - So not Edward, but cute anyways for the movies, like a gag reel.
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
shawniegore
Learning to Love Green

Post by shawniegore »

*E>Stupid.Lamb<3* wrote:could anyone else tell when Edward and Bella on the way back from Port Angles....they stopped at the police station....Carlisle came out...if watch Edward it seems as though Carlisle was saying something in his head and Edward was reading it.
I noticed that too!! I thought it was supposed to be that way. They way Carlile keeps glancing at him and how Edward is staring so intently at him.

amie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amie »

I imagined it was something along the lines of "by "animal" I mean "vampires"" "Anyone we know?" "No one I've met before." "working alone?" "I smelled three" or something like that.

Am I going senile (possible) or was there absolutely no mention of the "Cullen Crest" in the books? I just have no recollection of this whatsoever, and while I liked the wristlet Edward wore (I just happen to like that style on guys, always have) it seemed a little too "marketing opportunity" to me. So I'm hoping that it's mentioned all the time and I was too busy in my own little fantasies to notice...