The Transformation

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Sarah-Lynn

Re: The Transformation

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

I think that alot of us were expecting her transformation to be some sort of act of love. The "HOW" was never discussed in the books... yes, Edward said he would be the one to bite her, but they never talked about when or how. Bella knew that it would be easier on a person if they were dying because the blood is weaker and there would be less temptation to drink. It just seemed fitting that the bite would come during their "love" because their relationship has been so intense. Ok, was it just assumed that it would take place over the honeymoon? The more I think about it, that seems the case... Bella was giving her final goodbyes as they drove away from the house. It seems that this is what we the readers were led to believe, that Edward would change her on the honeymoon or shortly thereafter... but after she finds out she's pregnant, I just knew something was going to go wrong, and it wouldn't go as planned.
rhiannon777
Settled in Forks

Post by rhiannon777 »

I think Bella is able to control herself as a newborn in part because the venom she received was from a second-generation vegetarian. Surely their venom is affected by the fact that they don't drink human blood, so since Carlisle changed Edward then Edward changed Bella, perhaps the blood thirst was diluted in some way.
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

!!!!!!!!! Interesting observation! I didn't even think about that! Wow!
spagirlval
Settled in Forks

Post by spagirlval »

Yes that is a very interesting observation. I could see that. I also think it was that she was so prepared for it. I think with most things when you are prepared for certain things you handle it a little better than if it were sprung on you. I too was thinking "it" would happen on the honeymoon, just because I didn't think he could control himself. I would love to know what was going through his head in BD.
[
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmett_<3 »

I liked how she HAD to be changed, instead of just the will. I mean, she was so eager to be changed, then not. She wanted to be human longer. I think it was so much better that she was actually dying and that they had no choice. I didn't like WHY she was dying, but you get my point.
"The piercing, heartbroken howling grew fainter and then disappeared entirely." <3

"Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would." -MS
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

I know Edward was just saving Bella's life, but I think it should have been a little more romantic. Or have Edward loose control, something else just besides her changing. I must say, Edward didn't seem very worried when Bella's heart gave out, even though it was in Jacob's perspective.
KeepMeWithYou
Wandering Through Town
Location: In the City of Nothing with my Dhampir, Xavier, and his human Ally

Post by KeepMeWithYou »

darkrider wrote:I think it was beautifully(as weird as that sounds) written. It really went into great depth of how becoming a vampire feels. It's kind of like being in a coma, but in severe pain. I like how Meyer described how it felt and what went through Bella's mind. I was kind of worried when Jacob's part came so fast that Bella wasn't going to be changed, and if she was that we weren't going to hear it from her point of view. :( I've got to say, I was glad to finally find out what it was like to be transformed-we never heard it from any of the other vamps.

-dark
darkrider wrote:I think it was beautifully(as weird as that sounds) written. It really went into great depth of how becoming a vampire feels.
I agree. It must suck having to edure 3 days of non-stop pain and then with the bloodlust that the other Cullens felt...*shudders*
darkrider wrote: I've got to say, I was glad to finally find out what it was like to be transformed-we never heard it from any of the other vamps.
Yes. We only heard a semi-detailed description from Carlisle and I'm sure it was worse for him because he was alone unlike the other Cullens, who just followed Carlisle's example.

I wish it was a romantic thing but Meyer did kind of indirectly foreshadow Bella's transformation when she was attacked by James in Twilight (at least that's what I felt after reading it) It had that kind of vibe you know? As I was reading it, besides the anticipation, I felt as if I was back in the ballet studio with Bella, with Edward and the Cullens--but like Bella--not being able to see anything, not wanting to scream.

Like dark said:
It's kind of like being in a coma, but in severe pain.
Almost like Bella was in the studio, in pain but on the edge of conciousness.

Anyone else agree?
Twilight_Obession
Settled in Forks

Post by Twilight_Obession »

I always expected it to be a romantic transformation. I thought it would be something like this: his lips caressed down my neck. When he reached the bottom he lifted his head and looked me in the eye. I was shaking so badly that my knees knocked together, but I knew the only thing that mattered now were my eyes. I gave him a confident look, took a deep breath and nodded. "I'm ready." He kissed me on the lips . My final human kiss. Then he wrapped his arms around me and tilted his head back. His razor teeth sunk down into my neck. Something like that..sorry I'm not a very good writer.

I was very surprised about how she was changed and a a little disappointed, but now I realize that if Edward had done it without Bella dying he would feel guilty for the rest of his life and who would want to read Edward moping for half the book?
Mystical angel
Settled in Forks

Post by Mystical angel »

amaaazing thought!
i m a newbi here n i dunno how bt i olready knew dat bella was gona get a baby n stuff n i prayed everyday dat bella wud get a shield thing power n stuff.
n i jst cudnt bliv it wen it camr tru!
d dissapointment was in charlies response.
i mean parents freak out if their child gets a PIERCiNG! n here it is..........
i m still cryin dat dere wil b no more books n i was v unlucky i got ol d books late cuz i live in K.S.A
i read each book exactly 18 times and i strtd agen.
i just cnt get enuf!!!!!!!
wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by wishingiwasbella »

I loved the scene, I think i liked the fact that it was a suspensful thing, noone knew if she was going to "live" or "die", then the way that it was described about him licking her wounds and trying to make the venom spread. It was jsut a good way to slightly make it romantic. The whole scene was well written it was a suspeceful moment and the way she described the burning and not wanting bella to yell or scream was just the topping on the cake, it almost made me feel like it was happening to me because it was so well written. I also think that since she was prepaired for the transformation then she was going to be in more control of her blood lust. But the edwards venom suggestion was a good one. i'd also like to know the answer to that.