Languages

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
lalilin
Settled in Forks

Re: Languages

Post by lalilin »

English is my primary language but I'm Vietnamese so I know enough Vietnamese to communicate with my parents and others but I'm definitely not fluent. I can't read or write in vietnamese but I can speak enough of it. I took 3 years of spanish in high school as well but most of that is gone from my head.
xoxocamille
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by xoxocamille »

twilight_obsessor013 wrote:What do you think?? XD I have never seen that word in a million years. XD
Do you know any songs you can sing? I used to know a lot of play songs, but then I forgot them after I started school. I know this old song called "Awatin Mo, At Issasawyaw Ko" and I can sing the whole thing with out screwing up. Even though I don't understand. It's by VST and CO...I'm not sure if you heard of them...
Nanay, tatay, gusto mo tanapay
Kuya, Ate, gusto mo chocolate!
AEEEEYYYYEEE Pepsi Cola ATTEEE!!! XD

Mahal kita Ate Camille! <3
Omgosh!
You know that song Cheys?
Whoaaa! Hecka didn't know that! Lol.
That's awesome!
I know the nanay tatay one you were singing! Lol.
And Bahay Kubo too! Hehehehe.

Awwww, ay-ayaten ka, Cheyssss<3
[I dazzled her. My silent heart swelled with a hope more intense than I
could ever remember having felt before.] -Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
twilight_obsessor013
Learning to Love Green
Location: With my Twilight Pinay's =D XD Mahal Kita Ate Camille!

Post by twilight_obsessor013 »

xoxocamille wrote:
twilight_obsessor013 wrote:What do you think?? XD I have never seen that word in a million years. XD
Do you know any songs you can sing? I used to know a lot of play songs, but then I forgot them after I started school. I know this old song called "Awatin Mo, At Issasawyaw Ko" and I can sing the whole thing with out screwing up. Even though I don't understand. It's by VST and CO...I'm not sure if you heard of them...
Nanay, tatay, gusto mo tanapay
Kuya, Ate, gusto mo chocolate!
AEEEEYYYYEEE Pepsi Cola ATTEEE!!! XD

Mahal kita Ate Camille! <3
Omgosh!
You know that song Cheys?
Whoaaa! Hecka didn't know that! Lol.
That's awesome!
I know the nanay tatay one you were singing! Lol.
And Bahay Kubo too! Hehehehe.

Awwww, ay-ayaten ka, Cheyssss<3
Ha, you have to like help me on Bahay Kubo because I always get stuck after..Bahay..Kubo...and that's it.... :oops: Yeah, I do knwo that song because my cousins up in Canada taught me and also it's in a lot of jokes that my parents have.

Have you ever tried Durian?? I haven't but..it stinks.
ImageImage
Mahal Kita <3 Ate Camille!
EDWARD CULLEN DESERVES HIS OWN STORY!!!
xoxocamille
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by xoxocamille »

^ Magandang Umaga, Cheeeeeys!
I'm at school right now, waiting for my next class.

Hm. Bahay Kubo?
Oh gosh, I dont really know it that well either.
I get stuck listing all the fruits and stuff, lol.

Anyways, wait, durian?
Eeeeew! I have never tasted it but I heard it stinks.
I dont know if I should try.... lol.
I'm scared. :D
[I dazzled her. My silent heart swelled with a hope more intense than I
could ever remember having felt before.] -Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
little-freak
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by little-freak »

Alanna wrote:
little-freak wrote: Hallo, ich heiße Vanessa und ich komme aus Deutschland. Ich wohne in der Nähe von Stuttgart. Wo wohnst du?
Ich wohne in Amerika, aber ich sehr möchte Deutschland besuchen.
not bad! am i allowed to correct your little mistake or will i sound like a teacher?
Alice's Party Planning Committee: V.I.P.-Guest
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.

Image Image
adam89
Settled in Forks

Post by adam89 »

My first language is Hungarian, and the second is English. During this summer I read too much books in English, so after a couple of days I began to think in English... XD It was weird and sometimes really annoying. :lol: Anyway, I just began to love this language, though maybe Hungarian is more... variegated. And the grammar is really hard... well, to foreigners at least. But it can be sooo beautiful... :D

Hmmm... I learned German, too, but I didn't really like it. At the beginning it was really good, but after 2 or 3 years we got an awful teacher... should I continue? :|
WishIWasACullen

Post by WishIWasACullen »

My primary language is English but I've had 4 years of German plus some higher ed courses in upper level German.
Wie gehts?!?

Huzzah!!
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

Alanna
Settled in Forks

Post by Alanna »

little-freak wrote:
Alanna wrote:
little-freak wrote: Hallo, ich heiße Vanessa und ich komme aus Deutschland. Ich wohne in der Nähe von Stuttgart. Wo wohnst du?
not bad! am i allowed to correct your little mistake or will i sound like a teacher?
Go ahead. If it's that I used the wrong form of besuchen, it's because I don't know what it should be. My German teacher says that most people will just appriciate that we're trying... I hope she's right, haha.
fang1/3
Settled in Forks

Post by fang1/3 »

English is my primary language but I've been trying to lern Italian since I was little so I could speak to my italian family and I just have the inability to absorb it, even after visiting nearly every year of my life. I understand more than I can speak though >.<
little-freak

Post by little-freak »

Alanna wrote:
little-freak wrote:
Alanna wrote:
Go ahead. If it's that I used the wrong form of besuchen, it's because I don't know what it should be. My German teacher says that most people will just appriciate that we're trying... I hope she's right, haha.
no no in this case you need the infinitive but you forgot something...you have to say ich möchte Deutschland sehr gerne besuchen...you forgot "gerne" let me translate it to explain (i can't translate it word per word if i do you won't understand your mistake) okay let me try...it's like you wrote " it would be very to visit germany" instead of "it would be very great to germany" i bet i'm an awful teacher...but it's fun anyway :D
Alice's Party Planning Committee: V.I.P.-Guest
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.

Image Image