Dr. Who

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Re: Dr. Who

Post by mandustries »

Sarah3000 wrote:Yep, Donna is definitely the best side-kick. I used to prefer Martha, but she lost it for me when she became a soldier - she lost all of her heart. Donna has the best mixture of comedy and emotion. She blew me away in the episode where we saw what would have happened had she turned left at the crossroads (sorry, can't remember the name of the episode). And how awful was it that she couldn't say goodbye to the Doctor in the final episode? So sad.

I'm voting for Wilf as the next side-kick. :mrgreen:
I think you make a good point, Sarah3000, when you say Donna was a"side-kick." In my view, she was more of an equal than any of the other companions, because she didn't have so many lovey-dovey feelings getting in the way. Sure, she was attracted to the Doctor, but I mean, who wouldn't be? ;)
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
Sarah3000
Settled in Forks

Post by Sarah3000 »

Definitely! I like the romance angle that we got with Martha and Rose (Rose especially), but I think that Donna came along at the right time. We didn't need another series of 'will they, won't they?', especially not with a new companion.
Sarah3000
Settled in Forks

Post by Sarah3000 »

Bizarrestar - *laughs* The episode where she turns left... it's called Turn Left.

Oh dear. I'm such an idiot. :lol:
Bizarre Star
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bizarre Star »

mandustries wrote: I think you make a good point, Sarah3000, when you say Donna was a"side-kick." In my view, she was more of an equal than any of the other companions, because she didn't have so many lovey-dovey feelings getting in the way. Sure, she was attracted to the Doctor, but I mean, who wouldn't be? ;)
Donna was no side-kick. She held her own just fine next to the Doctor. *sigh* They were perfect together as *friends.* I have to admit... my little shipper heart kind of wanted them together. I really hope she comes back. I heard there are rumors about how Donna's ring twinkled when we last saw her. Maybe she still has Time Lord energy with her?
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

Bizarre Star wrote:
mandustries wrote: I think you make a good point, Sarah3000, when you say Donna was a"side-kick." In my view, she was more of an equal than any of the other companions, because she didn't have so many lovey-dovey feelings getting in the way. Sure, she was attracted to the Doctor, but I mean, who wouldn't be? ;)
Donna was no side-kick. She held her own just fine next to the Doctor. *sigh* They were perfect together as *friends.* I have to admit... my little shipper heart kind of wanted them together. I really hope she comes back. I heard there are rumors about how Donna's ring twinkled when we last saw her. Maybe she still has Time Lord energy with her?
You're right, you're right. She definitely held her own. I guess I have a good connotation of side-kick, whereas it's bad a lot of the time. :)

I hope she comes back. She needs to find that guy from the Library episodes and have cute little Donna/"stuttering guy" babies, for reals this time.
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
Sarah3000
Settled in Forks

Post by Sarah3000 »

Hmm, yeah, I wouldn't have referred to Donna as a sidekick if I thought that it would have any negative connotations.
AmyPyjamas
Settled in Forks

Post by AmyPyjamas »

Hiya..thought i would join the Dr Who lovin.

Donna was amazing i thought. It made such a difference having someone who didnt agree with everything the Doctor would do, and the fact that it wasnt all about how much she loved him was great .I cant believe people criticised Catherine Tates acting, i thought she brought more emotion to the show then both Martha and Rose.
Bizarre Star
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bizarre Star »

AmyPyjamas wrote:Hiya..thought i would join the Dr Who lovin.

Donna was amazing i thought. It made such a difference having someone who didnt agree with everything the Doctor would do, and the fact that it wasnt all about how much she loved him was great .I cant believe people criticised Catherine Tates acting, i thought she brought more emotion to the show then both Martha and Rose.
I totally agree. Catherine Tate is a brilliant actress! Oh, I didn't mind Rose being lovey-dovey over the Doctor, but it felt weird when Martha was. I thought she was too strong of a character to let her feelings over the Doctor get to her. I'm glad Martha has her Dr. Tom though. Donna needs to find her adorable, stuttering Lee. If she doesn't get to travel with the Doctor, she at least deserves her library husband back.
AmyPyjamas
Settled in Forks

Post by AmyPyjamas »

Bizarre Star wrote:
AmyPyjamas wrote:Hiya..thought i would join the Dr Who lovin.

I totally agree. Catherine Tate is a brilliant actress! Oh, I didn't mind Rose being lovey-dovey over the Doctor, but it felt weird when Martha was. I thought she was too strong of a character to let her feelings over the Doctor get to her. I'm glad Martha has her Dr. Tom though. Donna needs to find her adorable, stuttering Lee. If she doesn't get to travel with the Doctor, she at least deserves her library husband back.
Ah yes deffinatly, it was so sad when she walked out of the library and he was trying to shout after her. :(
Zafrina
Settled in Forks

Post by Zafrina »

I really don't want Martha to come back. I love Rose and Donna... but Martha now seems to have lost some of her her sentimentality (is that even a word?) i know what i mean ;)
Plus, to be quite frank, Freema Agyeman is an awful actress.
Avatar by Dani - Signature by Me