Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Re: Director Catherine Hardwicke

Post by soozabooza54 »

We will know by the end of the week probably...

I'm horrified and nervous... all I've wanted to do is defend Summit, but I really can't on a lot of the moves they are making. It will really break my heart if they replace Taylor. I mean... seriously... the requirement that werewolves look like they are 25, while lovely in the book, isn't really necessary to plot development. And as far as the director search... if Golden Compass guy does anything like what he did what that movie, I quit now.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by tinuviel2006 »

I truly hope they don't hire Chris Weitz! I have nothing against him personally, but I hated his movie version of The Golden Compass....He butchered it! He made it look like a children SF/Fantasy fairy tale.....I was shocked.
anilumagloire
Wandering Through Town

Post by anilumagloire »

MidnightStar wrote:PJ would never do Twilight, because I doubt he's interested in the material. He did TLOTR so brilliantly because he was passionate about the story...
This is where I would love to see the Kiwis work on the film and have Weta, Ltd handle the special effects. Can you imagine how much of the Jacob storyline they will have to cut if they don't spend the money to make the wolves look good?!!! *Shudder* :cry:
Weta would do a crazy good job. We can only hope...
tinuviel2006

Post by tinuviel2006 »

Peter Jackson is my hero! Not only his movies hooked me up on LOTR (and I've been obsessed with everything LOTR orientated for years), but he proved himself as an extremely talented director and screenwriter! I know his version of Twilight would be perfect, but he's not the guy to take the project. I'm sure it's not his thing.
RussetRose♥

Post by RussetRose♥ »

soozabooza54 wrote:We will know by the end of the week probably...

I'm horrified and nervous... all I've wanted to do is defend Summit, but I really can't on a lot of the moves they are making. It will really break my heart if they replace Taylor. I mean... seriously... the requirement that werewolves look like they are 25, while lovely in the book, isn't really necessary to plot development. And as far as the director search... if Golden Compass guy does anything like what he did what that movie, I quit now.
I totally agree with you. If they replace Taylor...well let's just say that things won't go over well for me. :?
I didn't see The Golden Compass. I heard that they kill God in that movie. Now I really don't want to have him as a director for this movie. We definatly need a female director.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
tinuviel2006

Post by tinuviel2006 »

RussetRose♥ wrote:
soozabooza54 wrote:We will know by the end of the week probably...

I totally agree with you. If they replace Taylor...well let's just say that things won't go over well for me. :?
I didn't see The Golden Compass. I heard that they kill God in that movie. Now I really don't want to have him as a director for this movie. We definatly need a female director.
I suggest you read the His Dark Materials trilogy. It's a wonderful story with many hidden meanings. They do not kill god or whatsoever, it's not about that, you should read it and judge it yourself! The movie sucked big time, and this is why I'm against Chris Weitz filming New Moon.
peacefulpalmtree
Settled in Forks

Post by peacefulpalmtree »

tinuviel2006 wrote:I truly hope they don't hire Chris Weitz! I have nothing against him personally, but I hated his movie version of The Golden Compass....He butchered it! He made it look like a children SF/Fantasy fairy tale.....I was shocked.

Now, I'm REALLY nervous about the director they choose..uhhhh.. :|
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

CH reveals more stuff that will be on the DVD... can't wait to buy that!!!

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles ... tory.jhtml
LoveMeSomeEdward

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

Cant wait to get the DVD just to see if there's any good things in the deleted scenes.
chichichobits
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by chichichobits »

Omg it sounds so good I am definitely going to be first in line to get this dvd :D
Official Robnapper Explosions Analyst ( Because Rob makes me go bang ! )