Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by JenJen2112 »

I've been thinking about it a little more, and they need to choose the best ACTOR to play Jacob...worry about the other stuff later...put him in platforms if you need to if Taylor is the right actor for the job...
melting into you
Learning to Love Green

Post by melting into you »

A friend just sent me the series from HBO called True Blood. I had read the first book and I guess the first season is book one. OMG they are following it word for word, page by page. Nothing is changed. Not one word. Not that I wanted Twilight on TV. I'm so glad for Robert and the rest for the wonderful recognization they are getting, but why couldn't they have done what HBO did? I know they had hours and hours to put it all in, but seeing it last night I just got frustrated. When you see an actual book turn into a TV show and it's word for word from the author, it's just WOW. Pretty awesome. Well the show isn't only cause the book was lame, but in theory of keeping with the book I'm in awe.
cullen_kissez
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullen_kissez »

Bear in mind that Copon & Strait, are prolly more expensive than Lautner.
If Summit has any sense of self-preservation - they'd stick to the original cast - I mean, why have these people on locations promoting the movie and then removing them from the cast? Ridiculous.

If they can get the True Blood series word for word, and still have a good fanbase .. maybe they need to get the same screenwriter, see if that'll make a difference.
.:: why try and fit in when I was born to stand out? ::.

..and then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.
E<3B
mom26ks
Wandering Through Town

Post by mom26ks »

Could this explain what is going on???
http://www.summit-ent.com/

Summit made a deal with Showtime that they would show up to 42 of Summit's films that were FILMED between 2008 and 2012 including the Twilight series. Makes you wonder why they are pushing so hard to get this done.
s69.photobucket.com/albums/i47/len...
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Summit is making me SICK!! I wished they didn't have the rights to NM and Eclipse!!
All their decision making is questionable at best. Twilight made so much money and now they're rushing NM and is replacing a main character!!! STUPID!!
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I think they have a few reasons for pushing it so fast (these are just my ideas, I don't know if they are true or not)
1. They want the actors to be around the same age since they don't age in the books (I did read that one some where)
2.they don't want to lose the audience that made them a lot of money
3. they think they can make more money if they crank them out faster
That being said, I don't think they are going to set out to make a bad movie...they want to make money off the franchise, not just individual films...
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TwilightRose1 »

So.. they are definitely replacing him? Or is it still up in the air? I havent done much research on it.. but that seems somewhat pointless doesnt it?
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

TwilightRose1 wrote:So.. they are definitely replacing him? Or is it still up in the air? I havent done much research on it.. but that seems somewhat pointless doesnt it?

I just read this...
http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/archi ... bfm_page=0

I'm very upset! I HATE SUMMIT!
jaspercookie

Post by jaspercookie »

^ I love the writers statement about the unicorn. It really is true. Taylor was fine as Jacob. No actor is ever going to fit the role perfectly because the character they are playing is fictional. God, Summit's peeing me off.
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

switzgal wrote:
TwilightRose1 wrote:So.. they are definitely replacing him? Or is it still up in the air? I havent done much research on it.. but that seems somewhat pointless doesnt it?

I just read this...
http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/archi ... bfm_page=0

I'm very upset! I HATE SUMMIT!
I think its still up in the air...I don't believe that source since they call Kristen Stewart Kristen Bell...if you can't get the actors names right you shouldn't be in entertainment news...double check names ppl!! (not original poster, the site that put the article up)