Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by sarina1113 »

I sent a quick email just in case it could make a municipal of a difference! lol.

I'm still betting on an official statement tomorrow. Fingers still crossed! :?
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...

TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TwilightRose1 »

*rushes to send e-mail* hopefully? maybe? oh who knows, but its worth a shot!
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

twilight1909 wrote: Malaz -- I disagree that "if no one likes what they are doing with new moon, don't bother watching the movie." Well, let me rephrase. I agree if you don't support it then don't see it, but I don't feel so blasé about that. I mean what a BIG disappointment for Twilight fans to feel that way. I think it's worthy of complaints. Someone finally took the bait to turn these books into movies (yay Summit), but now some people feel that it's ruining them (boo Summit).

Personally, I'm not holding my breath for a great movie. I felt that way before I even knew NM was official though. All of this speculation just adds to my doubts. Oh well, time will tell.
See to me, Summit is making a movie like any studio wants to make a movie. They decide they want some changes, whether that works for me or not, it's not my business. It's their movie, they have their rights. i am a fan of the twilight sage the book medium, Summit is adapting it. If they do a nice movie, then you know that's great, if they mess it up, that's fine. I don't care, it will be like any movie I went to see in the theatre that i have a bad opinion on (like hairspray. what a waste of my money. i want a damn refund)

So far, i am content with Summit's choices, and I can live. it's not like my life depends on them if they replace Taylor!
Taylor is a good actor but in no way is he Jacob from new moon. and if they decide to KEEP Taylor, i think it can also work but it will invovle a ton of $$ that i doubt Summit wants to spend.
elizabella
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Post by elizabella »

First of all, I am so thrilled that we get to see a version of Stephenie's vision on the screen. If she has input, then whoever is cast or parts they add or takeaway I will understand because she is ok with it. I think Taylor could have done a fine job as older Jacob, but frankly I care about the franchise, not just one character (preparing for an onslaught of werewolf attacks :shock: ). Also consider as long as these films are successful, and the books keep selling, they may always do another adaptation down the line, perhaps a tv series even. Look how many times true classics have been adapted, Jane Austen for example.

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
eden1437
Location: Allendale for school/Chicago hometown/Forks in my mind

Post by eden1437 »

So...still no word on the Jacob thing huh? There's an official statement on stephenie meyer's site confirming chris w as the new director, and there's a statement from him(he seems to be aware of how important this is to the fans)...but there's nothing about jacob. The statement was posted today.
"...And so the Lion Fell in love with the lamb"

sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sarina1113 »

malaz wrote: See to me, Summit is making a movie like any studio wants to make a movie. They decide they want some changes, whether that works for me or not, it's not my business. It's their movie, they have their rights. i am a fan of the twilight sage the book medium, Summit is adapting it. If they do a nice movie, then you know that's great, if they mess it up, that's fine. I don't care, it will be like any movie I went to see in the theatre that i have a bad opinion on.
True, this is definitely what it comes down to. My life's happiness doesn't depend on Summit either. But it's always nice to be passionate about the choices they end up making and to speculate what's going to happen.
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...

Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

sarina1113 wrote:
malaz wrote: See to me, Summit is making a movie like any studio wants to make a movie. They decide they want some changes, whether that works for me or not, it's not my business. It's their movie, they have their rights. i am a fan of the twilight sage the book medium, Summit is adapting it. If they do a nice movie, then you know that's great, if they mess it up, that's fine. I don't care, it will be like any movie I went to see in the theatre that i have a bad opinion on.
True, this is definitely what it comes down to. My life's happiness doesn't depend on Summit either. But it's always nice to be passionate about the choices they end up making and to speculate what's going to happen.
yes i love to speculate too. But their choices is their choices. :D

has anyone read Chris's message? it's wonderful. The project is in better hands than anyone else that i can think of. Better than Catherine too.
Cymbrelynn

Post by Cymbrelynn »

Yes, Chris's message is great. I just have a good feeling in my gut about this. I really did like Catherine's style for Twilight but I think Chris will make New Moon a more "grown up" movie: sleeker, less indie etc. I hope we hear more about casting soon!
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
BerAngelVamp

Post by BerAngelVamp »

yea...i guess y'all read it too....i just looked on SM's website and read the note from chris....seems like he gets it, maybe he really does....maybe he'll even do a better job...i guess we'll see....i have a good feeling about it too!! i don't remember if catherine ever wrote us a letter....i don't think she did....the best thing for him to do, would be to get a scrn name here and see what the fans have to say...hmm... :D
~Amber
shygirl1

Post by shygirl1 »

Where can I find Chris's message?