Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
beena
Settled in Forks

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by beena »

This was just posted on Perezhilton.com

There seems to be a lot of talk and UNCERTAINTY surrounding the new Twilight sequel, New Moon.

So much so that new director Chris Weitz and even author Stephenie Meyer had to release statements explaining the situation.

But what about the reports that the studio, Summit, doesn't want to re-hire "baby-faced" Taylor Lautner as Jacob. Apparently, they don't think he has what it takes to play the werewolf love interest/lead in New Moon.

The statements released didn't confirm his return.

That was NOT an oversight!

Now, reports are that the 26 year-old actor Michael Copon, from Scorpion King 2 (above, bottom), is one of the several actors director Weitz is considering to play the new and larger Jacob Black role.

A rep for Copon said they are making all efforts to land this gig. Even Copon is taking to self-advertisement by changing his Facebook status to messages such as "Michael Copon in a Twilight Zone!" and "Michael Copon is the older Jacob Black!" His rep confirmed that the Facebook is indeed Copon's.

Hey, whatever it takes to be noticed!

Even Summit confirmed that omitting Launter from the release wasn't an error. A rep said, "The casting decision in regards to the character Jacob Black has yet to be made."

Drama!!!

Additionally, 27-year-old Prince Caspian star Ben Barnes is also campaigning for a role. He's said to be actiively trying to get the role of Aro, "a mind-reading vampire whose "New Moon" encounter with Edward and Bella helps shape their destiny together." And, coincidentally enough, Barnes has the same manager as Copon and Twilight star Cam Gigandet.

We smell a big paycheck coming in for their manager!

But even when a lead for Jacob has been cast, director Weitz is only left with about 12 weeks until filming starts.

There you have it Twilight fans!

What do U think?

Would Michael Copon be a good choice for the role of Jacob?

Would you be happy with Barnes in New Moon????

So much to discuss!!!
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

From what I heard the script was turned in the weekend Twilight opened...I'm happy Chris Weitz is the new director (officially) and his note really showed that he does check the fan sites...now we all cross our fingers and hope for the best
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

beena wrote:Guys! The script is done. If something is wrong with the script then Melissa messed it up, not Chris I think Chris directing can be a good thing! He has more special effects under his belt. He did not mess up the Golden Compass, the script writer that adapted it did. The director can not change the script! Bits here and there, that's it. Know something about the way movies work before you get your panties in a bunch.
Knowing how movies are made won't stop people from complaining. I'm going to wait it out and see how Chris does. If I think it was as bad as I thought Golden Compass was, I will want him replaced; if it's better I try not say anything bad about him. But it's really wait and see for me with him. I mean, the fifth HP movie had a new scriptwriter and director and I found the movie to be kinda bad, but it's the same director for the sixth one, and it's wait and see how he does.

I really don't care who play Jacob because who I see doesn't exist. Taylor worked for the first film, but I think with the film's budget a recast may be needed. They could keep him (Taylor) on for the first part of the film but as the changes start becoming noticable change to an actor that looks like Taylor but is older.

Ben Barns as Aro, something I never thought. Bet his manager would love for both him and Micheal to land gigs in NM.
cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

OK.. I LOVE PEREZ.. but he dishes ALOT of BS... i dont think that is true. people would be PISSED if they took taylor out , and they would lose alot of sales. they wiil keep him. how will they find a new guy by march (yes that is when i heard they are starting filming. and btw nov 09 is the "quote on quote realese date of nm"? anyone head different?

LOVE CAM
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

Just for the record, SCREW PEREZ HILTON.
Like, I would listen to anything that comes from his mouth.
No thanks...
I will just wait. :roll:
ImageImage
E<3B
alinc
Settled in Forks

Post by alinc »

Perez does post a lot of fluff..but I think it's time for people to start accepting that Taylor will be replaced. They wouldn't have waited this long to tell us that Taylor is keeping the role. I don't think he can compete with the "muscles" other guys have.
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

o.O Taylor is pretty ripped...
Anyway, -shakes head-
This has gotten wayyy tooo crazzy...
on IMDB, they still have Jacob Black casted as Taylor Lautner...wait other way around, for New Moon.
So..-shrug- Who knows. :|
ImageImage
E<3B
eden1437
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Allendale for school/Chicago hometown/Forks in my mind

Post by eden1437 »

cullensallovamybinda wrote:OK.. I LOVE PEREZ.. but he dishes ALOT of BS... i dont think that is true. people would be PISSED if they took taylor out , and they would lose alot of sales. they wiil keep him. how will they find a new guy by march (yes that is when i heard they are starting filming. and btw nov 09 is the "quote on quote realese date of nm"? anyone head different?

LOVE CAM
I SOOOO agree with you! People take the crap he posts way to serious as if he was cnn or something...he's just a guy who need hits on his website. I think the whole Taylor/Michael/Jacob Black thing is getting out of hand, and the rumors are just going to get worse and worse...However things turn out, I've decided to just go see the movie because after everything I'd still want to see a screen adaptation of NM
"...And so the Lion Fell in love with the lamb"

Deja
Learning to Love Green

Post by Deja »

None of that is crap, actually. Perez's post is taken almost word for word from a new MTV article.

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles ... tory.jhtml
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I've decided that when it comes to the Jacob Black casting, I'm just gonna wait for an official announcement from Summit...there are way too many rumors now and its hard to believe anyone anymore...I really like Ben Barnes, and I hope that he's in NM as Aro but I don't know how attached he is to The Chronicles of Narnia since Prince Caspian has a big role in the next few movies and I think Disney has him under contract for them...hopefully there are no filming schedule conflicts between the 2