Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

^ I agree, because, guess who gets screwed? Summit. Like they could take down Disney...I hate disney... :roll:
New school disney, at least. XD
ImageImage
E<3B
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

oh I love Disney and the fact they had the balls to take on the chronicles of narnia (one of my all time favorite series)...I just read the article people have linked to mtv and if he is campaigning for the role of Aro, there probably isn't likely a scheduling conflict...
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

JenJen2112 wrote:I've decided that when it comes to the Jacob Black casting, I'm just gonna wait for an official announcement from Summit...there are way too many rumors now and its hard to believe anyone anymore...
That seems to be the best bet right now.
JenJen2112 wrote:I really like Ben Barnes, and I hope that he's in NM as Aro but I don't know how attached he is to The Chronicles of Narnia since Prince Caspian has a big role in the next few movies and I think Disney has him under contract for them...hopefully there are no filming schedule conflicts between the 2
Well, none of the guard are actually seen till near the end of the book, so it might work for him. It may just come down to filming locations for the two movies and if Disney is willing to let him work on both projects. I do hope there are no conflicts, as I think that Ben is an up and coming talent that can use the experience of working on this film.

According to the MTV article Ben is quite popular with us. May I be so bold as to ask when this happened?
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

malaz wrote:^well i understand why people are complaining - they are passionate about the film. but i think taking it as far as "hate mails" and talking trash about summit is way way way too far (trust me, i've read the "trash")

hun, that wasn't a reply to your post (my paragraph about taylor) there's a reason it is in a separate line. I was just saying...
I know. I was just throwing in my two cents as well. I said I wasn't referring to that in my other post because I noticed it could have sounded like I was talking about the Taylor ordeal, and I wanted to clarify.

I haven't read anything about people sending hate mail. It sounds like they're just letting Summit know their concerns.
Last edited by twilight1909 on Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
elizabella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Post by elizabella »

So since I'm tired of worry about Jacob/Taylor/Michael...I've been thinking how would it be if we actually saw Edward suffering throughout the film. LIke it or not, I don't think the studio will make one of the main characters disappear for 2/3 of the film (even though I think he should)

Also, they'll have to dramatize the months passing with Bella I expect. I hope there's a great soundtrack. Has anybody seen Mansfield Park from about 7-8 years ago. They do a good job of having music show the passage of time. What other scenes should they definitely have or should they cut?

I think they should cut out some of they mystery about JAcob being a werewolf, or was I the only one that thought it was really obvious :oops:

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

well im sending an email to summit about the whole "replacing taylor" thing. im just going to let them know how it will be a mistake to replace him. not really a "hate" letter. more of a "letting them know how i feel" kinda letter.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

My e-mail had bite, it wasn't a friendly letter, by any means, but it was definitley not mean. XD
I just didn't want them to think I was okay with it, them switiching Taylor. But...what difference will I make?! :roll: :lol:
ImageImage
E<3B
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I think those who are writing letters to Summit will do it tastefully...
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

elizabella wrote:So since I'm tired of worry about Jacob/Taylor/Michael...I've been thinking how would it be if we actually saw Edward suffering throughout the film. LIke it or not, I don't think the studio will make one of the main characters disappear for 2/3 of the film (even though I think he should)
I want Edward to disappear, but at the same time I want him there. I do think that if they include Rob for more than at the beginning and the end,they may just have him appear whenever Bella is doing something stupid. That is the only thing that really makes sense to me. Any scene with him suffering I would prefer to be in on an extended edition of the dvd's for those who are willing to pay the price.
Also, they'll have to dramatize the months passing with Bella I expect. I hope there's a great soundtrack. Has anybody seen Mansfield Park from about 7-8 years ago. They do a good job of having music show the passage of time. What other scenes should they definitely have or should they cut?
I can somehow see the passage of time as blank, black screens with the months on them with possible flashes as to what Bella looks like and then start up the day she returns to normal. A simple piano melody is what I think would work best for this sequence. Everything else I've listened to is to rockish and won't work, except for maybe My Immortal without the lyrics. I've only really read this book once, and every time I reread it I just skip the middle. I hope that the movie with Jess is included because I see it as a metaphor for what Bella was like.
I think they should cut out some of they mystery about Jacob being a werewolf, or was I the only one that thought it was really obvious :oops:
I did find that subplot a little annoying. I guess they could have him try and cut Bella out of his life and have her remind him of what happened to her the last time some one did that to her, and than have him remind her of the whole wolf talk they had.
shygirl1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by shygirl1 »

Does anyone have the new youtube link to the new mtv interview posted today?