Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Cookies
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Stefan and Vladimir

Post by Cookies »

These two are just so ... dazzling ;)

I love the bit where they are trying to explain to baby Nessie how they are going to gouge out the eyes of the Volturi or something along them lines, then Bella says something about keeping Nessie away from them after that. Love them. Can't wait to see who plays them in the film.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb ..."

Hug me :)
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Cookies wrote:These two are just so ... dazzling ;)

I love the bit where they are trying to explain to baby Nessie how they are going to gouge out the eyes of the Volturi or something along them lines, then Bella says something about keeping Nessie away from them after that. Love them. Can't wait to see who plays them in the film.
I wanna hear more about how the Volturi took away their "royalty"?
Cookies
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Cookies »

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:

Ditto. I s'pose SM will write a bit more about it in the guidebook thats supposedly coming out sometime this month :/
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb ..."

Hug me :)
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Cookies wrote:
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:

Ditto. I s'pose SM will write a bit more about it in the guidebook thats supposedly coming out sometime this month :/
I'm defintly getting the guidebook. Hopefully it will answer every ? i have.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Well, they can't be 3000 years old, because that's how old Aro is. And they were ruling before the Volturi.
The'd have to be around 4000- 6000 years old now.
Your supposition that they are older than the volturi based on the fact that they ruled first doesn't hold up with me.
I'm not saying that they aren't older, just that that reason doesn't hold water.

Perhaps they (stefan and vladimir) were "born" at the same time as the existing Volturi, but had gathered together a force worthy to rule prior to Aro's gathering his own force to challenge them.

They do say that for millennia they sat in their thrones and thought themselves gods, so perhaps that does signify that they are older, but as is put forth in many other scenarios in BD, and many of the other Twilight books, Vampires get sidetracked easily and many of them lose track of things so trivial as the passing of "mortal time". I'm just not sure
There's no sure way (as far as i have seen through my extensive "research")to prove that they were older than Aro. They merely had less time to "petrify", as they put it.

Which brings up an interesting point...

What do you suppose is the cause of the powdery translucence of the Volturi's skin? Presumably, it can't just be age, or even introspection, since there are surely other Vampires who have lived several millennia as well...

Is it just the nature of a Vampires psyche when he rules the world? That kind of fits, since the only ones in the series who have anything even close to that appearance are the Volturi and the Romanians, but that really isn't a very helpful theory... hmm...

Anyone got any ideas?
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

crazy thought that prolly doesnt hold water but maybe the crystals in/on their skin start to break down?? or maybe vamps do age just a heck of a lot slower than us.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

their crystals break down with time, hmm?

interesting theory, about as good as anything I've come up with...
Anyone else got any ideas?

I'm desperately curious!!
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
buffygrl3
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by buffygrl3 »

I have a few theories on this one. First, maybe by staying still for so long they kind of calcified. Two, it might be kind of like when a person never goes into the sun... they stay pale, maybe when a vampire doesn't have to deal with the elements for an extended period of time their skin turns whiter, paler, less reflective and more translucent... and then again it could just be a sign of age, the crystals in their skin breaking down like someone else mentioned... Or maybe the pigment just changes over time... like polishing a rock or something

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.
thelion<3
Settled in Forks

Post by thelion<3 »

I like these two characters. They remind you of the original vamps, and its nice to have a reminder about the original idea of vampires like dracula.
Archaic Lamb wrote: They're very interesting, and I would love to hear about their tangle with the Volturi. I hope there will be a lot of information on them in the guide book, including their history.
I thought it was sad that everyone seemed to be averse to them, with the exception of Renesmee. Vladimir and Stefan were so cool, and if I was at the Cullen's house, I would be asking them a million questions a minute. XD
It would be cool to have the background of these two, how they lost power and everything would be very interesting.
With hugs and vampire kisses
NIC<3
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

i think everyone shied away from them bc they used to be the volturi in a sense.. I know, though, these two might possibly be my new favorite characters!! i do still wonder why they are paler or "older" looking in a sense.. its obvious something happens the longer your aroung bc the same is happening to aro and them.. when bella meets them in NM she remarks on the paperthin, fragil like appearance of their skin... anyway the volutri have reigned for like 3000 years now, and they had to have been aroung for a long while b4 they could become the kings of the underworld so my gosh how old are S and V????