Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 3

Post by shavei7 »

please please please DO NOT cast Copon as Jacob. If you really need to replace Taylor, go with Strait or any other actor who CAN ACT! Strait's acting was pretty decent in 10,000 BC (with Camilla Belle)...

Seriously, I saw Scorpion King 2 (dvd) and didn't even finish it. The acting was painful to watch (and that's putting it mildly). Can you imagine if this Copon guy will be the leading man on NM? He can't carry a film! geezez. For the love of all that's HOLY, do not ruin this sequel by casting this wannabe actor! :shock: :evil:
Last edited by shavei7 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I'm not trying to diss Copon but for some reason he reminds me of Tom Cruise (sorry to those who like him)...its just the cockiness that bothers me a lot...there is a difference between being confident and cockiness...I don't think he would be good at doing publicity for the movie which is a big part of it
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

yeah so I said I won't say anything more about it, but Malekk you asked a question and I'll give you my answer. No, it wouldn't matter to me if Jacob isn't as tall as the books describe him. It's impossible for an actor to meet ALL of his criteria, and I believe the same with Edward. But it's not just that Jacob is what 6'7?...it's that he goes from being this little 15-year-old in Twilight to basically becoming a man in New Moon. It isn't only height; it's his face, his body, everything about him. Doesn't Jacob tell Bella that he reaches full capacity for his physical development? Can Taylor really portray that? It would make sense to say WOW he has CHANGED, because that's what happens. An actor who looks like Taylor can portray that without it being too weird.

sarina1113, I totally understand the consistency thing. I'm not saying they shouldn't try to work with what they have (more importantly, what they chose) but I'm guessing they've already gone down that list before pondering better options. I don't see the need for all of this speculation though -- it either will or won't happen. And it's not like they would replace one of the vampires, who are never supposed to change, they would replace someone who drastically changes in a very short period of time. That makes more sense to me.

As for Copon, I don't really know anything about him. :?
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
shavei7

Post by shavei7 »

twilight1909 wrote:As for Copon, I don't really know anything about him. :?
Ugh. Watch Scorpion King 2 (I dare you to finish it). That's all you need to know. This guy CAN NOT ACT!
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sarina1113 »

twilight1909 Definitely. I know in the end its Summit choice but they need to hurry up. This speculation must end! And then I could finally stfu about it. :lol:

And Copon.... bleh. That's all I have to say about that. *cough*boybandreject*cough* Steven would definitely be the better choice if worst comes to worst.
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...

twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

Haha yeah, an official statement would help. Or make it worse, depending on their decision. :|
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
UnfreakinBelievable

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

Have you guys seen this interview with Taylor yet??

Here's the link:
http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles ... tory.jhtml

He talks about meeting with Chris Weitz tomorrow -- I hope he gets the part!! I HATE when they replace actors during a series, and seeing this interview with Taylor, he is so hopeful to get the part in New Moon, and he's working so hard. How can you not love him? He's so uber cute.

And reading a few posts on here about Michael Copon not being able to act, I'm getting VERY nervous . . . :?

Go Team Taylor!! :D
CantBreathe

Post by CantBreathe »

So in this interview, Michael Copon says: "I think that it is pretty clear that there are huge rumors going around the Internet about me up for the role as Jacob Black. At this point, they are only rumors." Umm this just sounds stupid to me. It seems he is the one who started the rumors himself on his Facebook.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Cymbrelynn »

The more I read about Michael Copon the less I like him. He definitely started the rumors himself by posting that he was the older Jacob Black on his facebook page. And in all of the interviews I've seen he comes off as cocky. I'm not exactly a Taylor supporter since I don't think he has what it takes to carry off the film (I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised, though) but I don't think I would care for Copon either. And if I had to pick one I'd probably go with Taylor. Though really I'm hoping they come up with someone else...And if Chris Weitz is taking the time to have lunch with Taylor tomorrow it sounds like he's sincerely willing to give the guy a chance. Either way I hope we'll know soon...
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

That interview...I just want to hug him and reassure him he'll get the part. I hope he does at least. He had such good acting, and from what I'm hearing about Michael, his isn't so good.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com