Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 3

Post by vampire_elf »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:Have you guys seen this interview with Taylor yet??

Here's the link:
http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles ... tory.jhtml

He talks about meeting with Chris Weitz tomorrow -- I hope he gets the part!! I HATE when they replace actors during a series, and seeing this interview with Taylor, he is so hopeful to get the part in New Moon, and he's working so hard. How can you not love him? He's so uber cute.

And reading a few posts on here about Michael Copon not being able to act, I'm getting VERY nervous . . . :?

Go Team Taylor!! :D
I've seen the video and I agree with you 100%. I also hate it when they replace actors and I like Taylor. He's perfect for the sunny Jacob but I think he can pull of the darker side too.

And I'm not expecting all the details like his height. Seriously, to cast someone just because he's tall enough would be a big mistake.

And, CantBreath, I agree, Copon probably started all those rumors himself. Ugh! :x Don't knowe anything about him but I'm starting to dislike him. If he really can't act, wow, that would be bad. But if that's the case (never seen a movie with him and never heard of him before New Moon) I don't think Weitz's won't take him anyway!

Well, I think the should keep Taylor and I really, really hope they do!

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

can someone please link the videos or articles of michael copon saying all this stuff about twilight. like him being cocky about it, not finishing twilight, the whole "rumor" crap. i want to read/watch! Please & thank you.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
tashi-yoshima
Settled in Forks

Post by tashi-yoshima »

First off, I have to say I WANT TAYLOR BACK AS JACOB BLACK!! TAYCOB ALL THE WAY!! XD

However, if they are going to replace Taylor, I'd prefer Steven Strait over any of the other choices, because he actually LOOKS a bit like Taylor (with the long hair). You could see how he could have matured into looking like that... a little. At least it's more plausible than Michael Copon would be. He doesn't even look Native American to me.

Although, I highly doubt it at this point that they will replace Taylor. There's just too much of a fanbase, and no one wants to deal with rabid fangirls. ;)

And really, it's not that hard to buff up. Taylor already said he's gained 19 lbs. of muscle for New Moon (provided he gets the role back). The height may prove an issue, but there are several ways of getting around that, that don't cut into a movie's budget too much (chairs, anyone?). They did much of the same for the role of Hagrid in the Harry Potter movies. Camera angles, height shoes, etc. etc. etc. A bit of an annoyance, but doable. Also, makeup can go a long way into making someone look older.

Also, f you think about it, Jacob's not supposed to look really old in this movie. In New Moon he starts out as just a taller version of his Twilight happy-go-lucky self. Then as the book progresses he begins to mature... slowly. If Taylor comes back in this role, he'll be aging enough naturally to look mature by the time Eclipse is filmed anyway. No problem. I mean, really, don't you think it would look a little odd if in the beginning of New Moon he's suddenly 25 and huge? He's still growing at the end of Breaking Dawn, so they'll most likely take it slow in the movies too, since they're trying to stay as pure as possible.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

They are concerned about the height thing right, but they hired Ashley Greene who is 5'5". They said that it would have been impossible to find a short enough Alice (btw I love Ashley, I'm sooo glad they picked her!).
It's like that with Jacob too. They can't find anyone tall enough for Jacob. Plus, Copon's only 6'1". And he's done growing. So stupid if they don't keep Taylor!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
nafereti

Post by nafereti »

^ i know right? summit is just contradicting themselves.

& i love alice/ ashley. yeah...she's voting for taylor.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Okay, so the poll from MTV, you can vote more than once!! I thought it might be one of those where you can only vote once, but you can vote multiple times. Here's the link so y'all can vote away!
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/12/17/po ... ng-crisis/
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
anilumagloire
Wandering Through Town

Post by anilumagloire »

The more I see and hear Lautner, the more I hope he does get replaced.
He is definitely not JB material.
I never got why the kid playing Embry on Twilight didn't get cast a Jacob. He would have been perfect.
Right now I'll be happy with anyone but Taylor.
Sorry Team Jacob gals.
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by TeamJacob! »

anilumagloire wrote:The more I see and hear Lautner, the more I hope he does get replaced.
I never got why the kid playing Embry on Twilight didn't get cast a Jacob. He would have been perfect.
Sorry Team Jacob gals.
Can i just ask why you don't think TL is JB material?
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D
Malekk
Settled in Forks

Post by Malekk »

I hope they don't switch him out, not because I think he did a great job, but just because I hate it when movies switch characters out in sequels.
nafereti

Post by nafereti »

anilumagloire wrote:The more I see and hear Lautner, the more I hope he does get replaced.
Sorry Team Jacob gals.
actually, krys was original casted as jacob but he didnt really have any acting skills so they went with lautner.

why do you say TL isnt JB material?