Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 3

Post by JenJen2112 »

yeah I think if we keep it polite there's no big problem...I don't think the way he's marketing himself is a good thing...he could've gone about it in a completely different way...making it seem like he already got the part via facebook status was a pretty crappy thing to do if you ask me...they haven't even made the decision to recast so why would he do that...if they do replace Taylor I hope they will give the role to someone with a little more class
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

yeah I think if we keep it polite there's no big problem...I don't think the way he's marketing himself is a good thing...he could've gone about it in a completely different way...making it seem like he already got the part via facebook status was a pretty crappy thing to do if you ask me...they haven't even made the decision to recast so why would he do that...if they do replace Taylor I hope they will give the role to someone with a little more class
StephieTelli
Wandering Through Town

Post by StephieTelli »

i just cant wait til theres an official statement saying who is going to play Jacob..idk im on the fence about Taylor...something about him screams "Disney" to me
I want to be your stupid lamb!
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

StephieTelli wrote:i just cant wait til theres an official statement saying who is going to play Jacob..idk im on the fence about Taylor...something about him screams "Disney" to me

I don't think he seems Disney. Once he takes that shirt off he probably won't seem "Disney" at all. LOL

Anyway, I'd rather have "Disney" than "Soap Opera". MC screams "Soap Opera" star to me.
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I dunno there are some pretty hot guys who have come through disney...and don't forget Johnny Depp is also disney...but if you mean in the Jonas Brothers sort of way...I don't think he is "disney"
StephieTelli
Wandering Through Town

Post by StephieTelli »

Yeah i dont know why...just "Disney" runs through my head..could be that im continually seeing his face in teen magazines like Popstar and J-14 which has Jonas Brothers n Miley sprinkled all over them.
I want to be your stupid lamb!
t_feva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by t_feva »

nafereti wrote:
Deja wrote:lol

Taylor Lautner isn't even completely Native American.

I, agree with Malaz, who I feel is one of the voices of reason on this board.

CGI might work but is TOO expensive!!!! Summit would spend all of the money made on Twilight just to do CGI on Taylor! Can you imagine the hours that would take? This is absurd. Every single scene with Jacob would have to be done CGI- that's a LOT of CGI.

They will recast Jacob, and the rest of us are just going to have to deal with it. End of story.

Jacob needs to be a leading man- he needs to be able to lead most of this movie- I just don't think Taylor is there yet.

1-Yes, taylor isn't completely Native American. So what...replace him with a guy who is Filipino & German?! yeah...

2-Yes, CGI is TOO expensive but then again they will be using for ALL THE WOLF PACK MEMBERS, not only Taylor.

3-if they re-cast taylor then they will have to re-cast solomon (sam) & krys (embry).

4-i believe taylor can lead the movie.
here here! i agree 100%.
teamtaycob.webs.com
twitter.com/tfeva1
t_feva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by t_feva »

Deja wrote:
nafereti wrote:
Deja wrote:lol

Taylor Lautner isn't even completely Native American.

I, agree with Malaz, who I feel is one of the voices of reason on this board.

CGI might work but is TOO expensive!!!! Summit would spend all of the money made on Twilight just to do CGI on Taylor! Can you imagine the hours that would take? This is absurd. Every single scene with Jacob would have to be done CGI- that's a LOT of CGI.

They will recast Jacob, and the rest of us are just going to have to deal with it. End of story.

Jacob needs to be a leading man- he needs to be able to lead most of this movie- I just don't think Taylor is there yet.

1-Yes, taylor isn't completely Native American. So what...replace him with a guy who is Filipino & German?! yeah...

2-Yes, CGI is TOO expensive but then again they will be using for ALL THE WOLF PACK MEMBERS, not only Taylor.

3-if they re-cast taylor then they will have to re-cast solomon (sam) & krys (embry).

4-i believe taylor can lead the movie.
I don't care if the actor who plays Jacob is Dutch and Irish as long as he looks like Jacob. I wasn't the one bringing up his heritage, I'm only saying that while it is true MC is Filipino, TL is not 100% Native American either. I agree that's no reason to cast or fire an actor, but just as it's a bad reason to get rid of Taylor, it's a bad reason not to hire Copon, if he is the best for the role.
Michael Copon does not look like Jacob Black. end of story.
fyi, SM describes Jacob Black and the rest of the wolf pack as Native American. so basically you're saying forget the description of the characters, cast whoever u think can act regardless of the fact that they do not look how SM described???
ridiculous.
Last edited by t_feva on Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
teamtaycob.webs.com
twitter.com/tfeva1
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Taylor's led a movie at a much younger age... um... Sharkboy remember???
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by shavei7 »

I was merely expression my "opinion" of Copon...and how he's handled this whole "Jacob" thing...

If some people find it "rude", then that's your opinion. People need to understand that if you (an actor) don't want people to have a wrong impression of you, then don't do stupid things like updating your facebook status as if you got the part. Marketing genius? yeah, some people might see it that way. I see it as just plain stupid and egostisctic and presumptious. I'm not being rude, just merely stating how I see things.

I don't mind if Taylor's replaced or not...just not with this guy because in my "opinion", this Copon "actor" can't act at all.

okay...rant done.
Moving on.... ;)
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..