Gex X--the 30 something thread

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Thanks Guys! I posted a really really really long post on Gutter. I will spare you here. :D

It took me 3 days to really clean my house this week since I ignore my housework for the Lex and YM. Twimom, me too!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Grrr...I really should be working but I am so much happier cuddling with my shades of lavender screen. Oh, is it Christmas yet?!?!

QOTD: How do you spend the New Year holiday?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Hey guys, I just want to wish you all a Merry Vhrsitmas and a Happy new year! I'm leaving to go and visit my family in the South of Italy so I'll be off line for a while. I'll miss you and thw whole Lex, but I really need some rest, to stay with my family and finish my thesis.
I wish you all the best for the new year: good health and joy for you and your families!!
Talk to you soon and keep the GenX alive while I'm gone ;)
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Have a great trip Dimber.

New years...
We usually have an ice cream sundae bar with more toppings than usual and watch a movie until it close enough to time to watch the ball drop in Times Square. I really don't enjoy watching the "pre show" of the Times Square. A nice homey New Year's Eve for the bac family.
New Year's Day we usually watch some of the Rose Parade and some football. We may watch movies, read, play games, but again, it is very casual.

I am currently listening to GNE's 80's play list. Ahhh...I'll keep holding on, I'll keep holding on....
by Laniyeah on photobucket
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

New Year's Eve----- Our plans differ. We usually spend it at either of our parents' houses with the family. Last year we spent it with a couple of friends and played their Wii system until 2 am!!! Oh boy, was I tired. I like to watch the ball drop, get my kiss, then go to bed! We'll be by ourselves this year. Because the Sheriff was re-elected, all the Deputies have to be re-sworn in on New Year's Day, so hubby will work his regular shift... no staying up late on NYE. He'll be off on Friday the 2nd, though.

Enjoy your trip Dimber, and safe travels!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Woo hoo! I'm now off until Monday! I hop on a bus tomorrow morning to head to my Momma's for a couple of days. My sister's flight from Heathrow was delayed by 3 hours, however they should hopefully be landing at the Halifax International Airport any time now, which will relieve some stress for all of us.

QOTD: I don't really do anything for New Year's Eve anymore. I stayed home last year with mah kitty and we had a lovely night. I'm not into the bar scene or big parties anymore, so I am happy to stay home. Depending on my money situation, i might make the trip back down to Mom's place and play board games with her, my sister, younger brother and my SIL. Exciting, i know. :) I happen to love board games. :)

Have a great trip dimber! We'll miss you!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

QOTD: How do you spend the New Year holiday?

Almost every NYE since 1999, KNE & I hang out with another couple at either their house or ours. We play board games & watch some really cheesy 80's videos, or watch movies. Sometimes we drink a little; sometimes we drink a lot. Sometimes it's just us 4, and sometimes we may have 5 or 6 others join us. We're pretty relaxed. I think this year I'm gonna get all of my local friends together and have a big game night.

New Year's day we spend with KNE's family. We eat, visit, and watch movies. It's a lot of fun.

Dimber: Be careful!!!
Bac: I'm glad you like it. I've not had a moment to tweak or add to the lists.
Oleander: Girl, I just love you. You are so funny. You have a way with words.

I wish I could invite you all over for game night sometime. :(
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Dimber- Have a safe and fabulous time!

QOTD: My family doesn't do anything huge for New Years. It usually involves getting carry out (Pizza, Thai, or Chinese are our three biggies), watching a movie, and then "watching" the D. Clark special. We usually fall asleep before midnight. :lol:

I knew you guys were my peeps! I love board games. My baby bro and I have a competition of who wins the most Monopoly games. I wouldn't mind playing with Wrath and the Bros. :twisted:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

cullengirl wrote:I knew you guys were my peeps! I love board games. My baby bro and I have a competition of who wins the most Monopoly games. I wouldn't mind playing with Wrath and the Bros. :twisted:
I have a fear of Monopoly and Risk after years of violent clashes that more often than not involved broken noses, torn ears, and chipped teeth. My guy friends used to take board games to a "whole notha level."

However, I do love Scrabble, Yahtzee, Trivial Pursuit, Balderdash, Scattergories, Life, Operation (which I so can't play anymore because my hand shakes so bad the batteries wear out after five minutes of game play!), Cranium, Trouble, etc. and I love card games like Phase 10, Uno, Skip-Bo.

My main boardgame buddy moved away and I can't wait until tomorrow night when the family all sits down, eats mom's homemade Chex mix (a.k.a. Bits & Bites), and tries to slaughter each other in Yahtzee. Nothin' says lovin' like shoving Yahtzee dice up your sister's nose!

If I don't get a chance to say this before the boards are shut down tomorrow, You guys are that added bit of spice that makes existence extra nice, and have a very safe and happy holiday!!! :D
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

GNE we will all be at your house for a rousing game night on New Year's Eve. Oleander will bring Yahtzee, CG will bring Monopoly (I refuse to play because I always lose), I will bring Sorry, and the whole GEN X THREAD will all bring movies and drinks of choice. Are you ready for us?

Happy Holidays to all my friends. Be safe and have fun.
by Laniyeah on photobucket