The Midnight Breed Book Series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: The Midnight Breed Book Series

Post by cullengirl »

Days until Niko's book is out: 19

I'm really excited about his book. I wanted to know more about him, especially when in Rio's book Adrian hinted that they had a long past. I wonder what that was all about. I also wonder what is up with this special gifted child. Who is she and why was she kidnapped? Has the ancestor vamp guy (sorry, can't remember his name) created more bad vamps? *Sigh* Too many questions!
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Poor MB thread, at the bottom of page two.

Well I have news, it seems that Lara Adrian is giving away a copy of Niko's book and there are extra excerpts to be had. All you have to do is sign up for her newsletter (which is free) and you'll get access to the the past newsletters and you can read those extra goodies there. Here is a link to her blog that is about to be eradicated due to spammers but I thought it was funny.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Edited post:

The order of the books with their hero:

Kiss of Midnight ~ Lucan

Kiss of Crimson ~ Dante

Midnight Awakening
~ Tegan

Midnight Rising ~ Rio

Veil of Midnight ~ Niko (Dec. 30)

Ashes of Midnight
~ Andreas (May 2009)

...according to http://www.laraadrian.com
Last edited by Goodnight Elizabeth on Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

This is not a double post. The previous entry is from 4 days ago, and the thread was on the second page.

Niko's book is out in 4 days...

However, if you cannot possibly wait that long to get a taste of Niko, you can visit Lara Adrian's website (http://www.laraadrian.com) and sign up for her newsletter. With the newsletter comes goodies. One of those goodies is her archive page which has links to the first 4 chapters of Veil of Midnight.

If you are just curious, the first chapters of all the books in the series are also there.

I know some of you are already aware of this, but I wasn't, so I'm jumping to conclusions that there are more like me here who also didn't know. Happy perusing!!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Teak
Wandering Through Town

Post by Teak »

Teak: One of those books wouldn't happen to be Midnight Breed, would it?

We're waiting too. I haven't read the first 4 chapters yet. Have you?
Yes, as a matter of fact, one of them is Niko's book!! Can't wait. I did read the 4 chapters. I fortunately, or unfortunately read some reviews of the book, so I ended up reading a lot of spoilers too. Agh. I kind of wish I hadn't read the reviews. (they are all saying the book is great, but now I have read too much info. ahead of time...) I think it will be an action packed book. I am really looking forward to Andreas' book too, when that comes out next year. He intrigues me! The Breed book I really want though, is Chase's.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

I knew it! Hahahaha.

I stay away from reviews, but only because if I hear someone dis it, I will automatically be biased too. That's the main reason why I can't discuss books or movies with anyone for at least 2 weeks after experiencing it. My mind takes a while to really process things.

Midnight Breed is the only series I haven't reread yet(besides Sookie). I only possess the most recent MB book. I have tried to find them at the bookstore, but no dice. I haven't reread Sookie yet because I just finished it. I'm in the process of buying all of them now.

By the way, it's nice to see you post on here again, Teak.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

SuperTwin glad you checked out the first four chapters, I thought they were great and I'm even hungrier for the book.

Teak, I always avoid the reviews because sometimes people are completely unable to avoid spoilers in their review. Nothing bothers me more than being spoiled. However I don't mind the chapter excerpts or such because they usually vamp you (pun intended) up in excitement rather than give anything away.

By the way, I'm eagerly awaiting Chase's (aka Sterling aka Harvard) book - he is SO yummy!! :twisted:
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

SuperTwin: Please don't beat me with raw bacon, but I haven't actually read the 4 chapters. It's been a very busy week. I hope to catch up this week.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una

Post by una »

:twisted: But SuperTwin, slapping you with raw bacon is fun...but since you are sleep deprived, I won't. However if you do not get sleep soon - I'm going to put a halt on your evening visits from Qhuinn, Kyrian and Vaughn. You really need your rest!! Oh - and I might just have V tie you to your bed and leave you there...so you have no choice but to sleep! :twisted: :lol:

I know from the excerpt on Adrian's site was good but I had so many questions. Now after reading the first four chapters, WOW!! That's all I can say and I'm so much more excited about it.

Just one more day!!
Teak
Wandering Through Town

Post by Teak »

By the way, it's nice to see you post on here again, Teak.
Thanks GNE. I'm on vacation now, so it's a bit easier. Although...like most everyone else...I think I will have my nose buried in books on Tuesday!! I can't wait to read At Grave's End (Jeaniene Frost) and Niko's book!!
I agree that those 4 chapters made me more excited for Niko's story. I think I'm going to like Renata too!
I haven't reread Breed in a while...I should.