Awkward Moments

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Inarikage
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Awkward Moments

Post by Inarikage »

OK, I have to explain a couple things first before I tell this one
1: Im a homosexual (Yeah yeah go ahead and troll me, I dont G.A.F.) but no one in the school except for like four people know this so I try to hide it
2: I have a button on my backpack that says "I <3 Seth"

Ok so Im walking to class one day and this girl is walking along behind me. Everythigns quiet like normal. And then out of the blue she says "Who's seth?"
:oops:
Naturally, I tried to explain that he was a character in a book. But then she asked the killer question
"Sooo...do you REALLY love him?"
I denied this and continued on my way, but my face was beet red for about half an hour afterwards :lol:
You gonna make biscuits?
You gonna make BISCUITS?
YOUUU GONNA MAKE BISCUITSSSSS?

...no GIR,
and never...mention biscuits again
metro_girl0
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by metro_girl0 »

Okat heres the thing, I don't just have one or two not so graceful moments, I have them all the time. I am the biggest klutz in the world.
Okay I'm going to name two of them okay?:

1. I was in school one day, in the hallway, everyone was packing up their stuff, because it was the end of the day, and my purse spilled everywhere. And I had a few personal products. (hint: You only need these like for one thing a month) The most popular boy in my grade and my crush (my old one) picked it up and was holding it trying not to laugh said "I believe this belongs to you." My face turned so red, I took it from him and started packing faster. When I had all my stuff together, I ran. I'm just glad after he made jokes about it with me for a couple weeks after that he doesn't do it anymore.

2. One time i was walking, talking to my friends (we were laughing and generally having a good time) I was reading too, and not really paying attention to where I was walking. I fell into this Senior Boy, and he caught and steadied me, I was sooooo embarassed, without him I would have fallen flat on my face. He caught on me and then said. "Is the book atleast interesting?" I nodded and then apologized like a thousand times, my face soooooooo red. He laughed and said it was okay, and he had the cutest smile. My friends were laughing, and then they walked away, letting us talk. We talked for a little bit about the book, and books in general, and then we both went out seperate ways because we were both veryyy late. I met my friends later in the lunch room, and we laughed and debated his hotness.

It was funny.
Image Image Image
E<3B Team E!
CiaoBella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by CiaoBella »

I was hoping to find an embarrassing moments thread! I have so many that it's hard to pick just one, but I think this one will do for now...

I was hanging out with some people at a friend's apartment, and we were all watching a re-run of this show because it was so hilarious the first time around that we wanted to see it again. Well having seen it once before, I knew that my favorite (and funniest) part was coming up and I already had to pee, so I figured I better jump up and go to the bathroom to avoid peeing in my pants from laughing too hard. I guess I decided that this was an urgent situation, and that it would be best for me to RUN to the bathroom. Big mistake. I was wearing these baggy pj pants that day, and all of the sudden my right toe gets stuck on the left-leg of my pajama pants. I began to shriek and flail my arms wildly through the air like some kind of doofus to try and catch my balance, but it did nothing but draw more attention to myself. I tipped over and fell FLAT on my face and made the loudest BOOM ever when I hit the floor! It seriously sounded like someone had just cut down a tree. So I hit the floor, and I start cracking up because... well, I assumed I looked quite funny in that moment. (And I also kind of think I was laughing to keep from crying haha). But you know who else was laughing?? NO ONE. My entire group of friends was just staring at me in shocked silence, while I lay on the floor after falling on my face and laughing so loud at myself like some kind of jack-@$$. I didn't think it could get worse after falling on my face, but I was wrong: it's worse to fall on your face and be the only person in hysterics in an otherwise silent room. They all just stared at me like I had grown an extra five heads. So awkward.
Team Edward: because I'd love to be his stupid lamb.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... <3 my Lexily!
CauseofEdwardIlove
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Longing for Edward...but I will settle for Rob anytime...In Georgia!

Post by CauseofEdwardIlove »

I have a necklace that says "I love Edward" and a lady at the store the other day says "Oh that is so cute...is that your Boyfriend's name"...I said "I wish" before I could think but she spent the rest of the time staring at me oddly while she was ringing up my stuff!
Manda
After waiting a lifetime....I have finally fallen in love...Rob I love you!
CiaoBella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by CiaoBella »

CauseofEdwardIlove wrote:I have a necklace that says "I love Edward" and a lady at the store the other day says "Oh that is so cute...is that your Boyfriend's name"...I said "I wish" before I could think but she spent the rest of the time staring at me oddly while she was ringing up my stuff!

Haha, that's pretty funny. Your post actually reminded me of another embarrassing moment I can share (along the lines of saying something you wish you hadn't). So this was a few years ago and my parents were making dinner in the kitchen, and as a special surprise they made spinach and artichoke dip (which is one of my favorite appetizers). And here's a bit of advice: if you have a problem with slip-of-the-tongues (or freudian slips, if you will), be very careful when saying the words "spinach and artichoke dip", because if you aren't careful, you can accidentally say the word "dip" as a different word... a slang term that refers to a very specific part of the ummm... male body. *Ahem*). So I come skipping into the kitchen and practically shout (to my parents), "Oh yay, are we having spinach and artichoke d--k?!" :shock: My mom's mouth just fell open, and I must have turned like... seven different shades of red. I wish I could remember who broke the silence, but really all I can remember after that is that I was desperately wishing the floor would open up and swallow me...
Team Edward: because I'd love to be his stupid lamb.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... <3 my Lexily!
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

ahhh!! awkward moments control my life.
but let me say i've been laughing my A off on this thread. goodness.

okay so awkward falling moment:
it's a long story, but to make it short, i was at this park festival once with two of my friends. there was a shuttle bus that ran from one end of the park to the other. the bus didn't go very fast, so my friends decided to just hop off when we got to where we wanted to be. well, i tried to hop off after them and....completely fell over SIDEWAYS. it's lucky i fell that way because otherwise i would've gotten run over. but yea, a whole bus-full and a ton of people in the park saw that graceful moment. and i embarrass VERY easily so this was pretty much mortifying.

awkward talking moment:
i was on AIM and my friend IMs me and asks me how i am. now, i am a believer of actually telling people how you are at the moment. so i said something along the lines of "eh, i have cramps and the lasagna from the cafeteria is not really agreeing with me." well then she didn't say anything for a few minutes. when she finally came back, she informed me that her friend, JAMES, had been talking to me before on her screenname. :oops: fantastic. good thing i never met him!

other awkward moments just include those "that's what she said" things. you know, you just say something and as soon as it's out of your mouth you think "ah, crap. that sounds dirty"
yea. that happens to me all the time.
and i'm usually with people who are more than willing to point them out when it does haha.
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
talirhee
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by talirhee »

lol, these are all pretty funny.

Anyway. This one day, I call into MacDonalds with my Dad and his girlfriend. We had been on a long car trip and didn't really care about our attire.
I was wearing a mens bonds grey... just like the normal shirts. (I'm a girl.)
So I look over at the line next to me and there's this guy. He was scanning the room and saw me. I looked down at his shirt and it was the very same one I had on. Then he looked at mine.
We both just kind of looked back at eachother and awkwardly looked away.

It's pretty funny now that I look back; but I wasn't feeling to great whilst we were both waiting to get our orders taken.
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

^LOL. That is unfortunate.

I went to the movies with several of my guy friends and we were all squished into one tiny car. I was in the middle of the backseat and when we got to the theater, everyone got out but SOMEHOW I wasn't thinking about the fact that I was still buckled in. So I got up and was like, "What the????" And then one of my friends said, "You are still buckled." Lol. It was embarrassing. I'm really not stupid. But I was all distracted that night, and it happened AGAIN when we all got back from the movie. Ugh.
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

One time, not too long ago, in Environmental class I was talking to a girl I sit with and her friend (who's a guy). I was reading Vampire Diaries and I was trying to hide it since people always seem to embarrass me or poke fun at me for the stuff I read. I sat it down on the table at the same time for this really talkative girl in my class came up to the table and picked it up. I was like, "No! Just what I've been avoiding!" And she started to read the back out loud and I thought I was going to die because everyone I was with was just staring at me. When she got to a part about blood she said, "Ew! That's scary! How could you read that?" I was pretty much frozen and all I could say was "I like vampires," in a somewhat of a hoarse voice. It was quiet before the guy said, "She's obviously never read Stephen King." I was so relieved. Neither of the two I was talking to held it against me, but I think the other girl was scared of me at that point. I still feel mortified, though. I'm going to have to hide my books better.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

I've had plenty.

On the 20th, I was at a Christmas party. I don't remember exactly what was going on, but we were waiting to open presents and I started shaking and dancing. One of the guys there started laughing at me and told me to stop shaking my butt in his dad's face. I had TOTALLY forgotten that there was this nice man sitting down behind us and I was just shaking my rear RIGHT THERE! I got all red and explained that I forget things easily, and he told me not to worry about it.

Also, in the ninth grade, our student teacher for English asked us to name things that poetry could be about. I TRIED to say 'success', but it came out as 'sex'. It was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. Everyone was all, "OOOOOH! We know what AMBER was thinking about!" It didn't help that the student teacher was kind of gorgeous.
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants