General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dazzled.
Wandering Through Town

Re: Jacob and Edward's relationship

Post by Dazzled. »

I love that Edward and Jacob's feelings changed towards eachother.
I mean, there was a time when they really, really hated eachother! It was almost scary and I halfexpected them to have a major fight sometimes.
Like in Eclipse, when Jacob is asleep and is like, squishing Bella.
(When they were camping in the mountains and Jacob was keeping Bella warm)
I thought there was going to be a fight there.
But, gladly (I think?) there wasn't.
But then in Breaking Dawn everything changed. Because Bella was dying and Edward was so desperate.
But I'm really glad they became closer and more friendly towards eachother!
Also, Renesmee is definitely going to bring them even closer.
Although, Bella being Jacob's mother-in-law is really weird!
But, it's good, they'll be family and will stay close :)
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..."
"Bout time someone scored around here." - Emmett Cullen
Bulldozer Trainee of EDC. Inc
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

I thought there relationship was a bit funny because they were always wanting to murder each other! I can only imagine the many things Edward wanted to do to Jacob, haha.

I do like how they become a family at the end.
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I really love how thier relationship has changed. It's better for Bella and Nessie's sake. The more they get along the better life will be for all of them. Edward, Bella, Jake and Nessie. :D

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
Babygirl67
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Babygirl67 »

it changed alot i think it s kind of bi polar in a way up and down..............
courtanne
Settled in Forks

Post by courtanne »

wishiwerebella010 wrote:The relationship between Edward and Jacob is one that just is SO unpredicable. In my opionon one of the best chapters is the Fire and Ice chapter, it just pretty much summed up all the tension between them. (with the acward love triangle and everything) But i believe the biggest turning point in their relationship is when Edward calls Jacob his son in BD, i admit i shed a tear. It just proved how much their relationship evovled into respect and love.
When Edward called Jacob his son it made me puke in my mouth a little. I mean really!!! The whole thing is sort of incestuous! If I were Edward I don't think I would be able to accept the fact that Jacob was with his daughter. I mean, Jacob: 1)tried to steal the love of his life away from him, 2)harbored "romantic" and I'm sure sexual thoughts about Bella and Edward had to hear it all, and 3) is his mortal enemy. I know it was meant to show his acceptance of Jacob and the fact that he was over his insecurity about Jacob and Bella's relationship, but, it was still a bit odd IMO.
renesmeecarlie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by renesmeecarlie »

I am DYING to know exactly what went on between Edward and Jacob while Bella was "turning"

We know that Edward wouldn't leave Bella's side and that Jacob obviously imprinted on Renesmee, but I want to know how quickly he realized his feelings toward Bella had changed and how worrying about Bella would have changed or maybe not have changed while Bella was transforming even though his love for her turned into a different kind of love

I would LOVE to know what the interractions between Edward and Jacob were like during those 2 days!!!!

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
twilightgripsmyheart
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightgripsmyheart »

yeah the whole brother son thing struck me as weird but sweet
loveroftwilight
Vanquish
Location: Melbourne, Australia...cruising with Edward in his Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

I loved how Edward in the end became accepting of Jacob. Especially the part when they are saying their goodbyes in the end of BD when the Volturi is there to kill them. I love it how Edward called Jacob "my brother....my son". Very moving. lol.

But sometimes it was just fun to watch how normal they really were. Two guys trying to compete for a girl...it kinda was nice and more realistic when you forgot about the whole vampire and werewolf thing. I loved the line:
Jacob: May the best man win.
Edward: Thats right, pup.

TEAM EDWARD
"For the first time in a century, I felt hope."
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
True believer in Cullenism.
EandB

Post by EandB »

I loved how it changed for the better.Friends yes son no.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

courtanne wrote:
wishiwerebella010 wrote:The relationship between Edward and Jacob is one that just is SO unpredicable. In my opionon one of the best chapters is the Fire and Ice chapter, it just pretty much summed up all the tension between them. (with the acward love triangle and everything) But i believe the biggest turning point in their relationship is when Edward calls Jacob his son in BD, i admit i shed a tear. It just proved how much their relationship evovled into respect and love.
When Edward called Jacob his son it made me puke in my mouth a little. I mean really!!! The whole thing is sort of incestuous! If I were Edward I don't think I would be able to accept the fact that Jacob was with his daughter. I mean, Jacob: 1)tried to steal the love of his life away from him, 2)harbored "romantic" and I'm sure sexual thoughts about Bella and Edward had to hear it all, and 3) is his mortal enemy. I know it was meant to show his acceptance of Jacob and the fact that he was over his insecurity about Jacob and Bella's relationship, but, it was still a bit odd IMO.
I thought it was really sweet. Odd, but sweet.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3