A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 4 ~ Invitations

Post by TwilightRose1 »

1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her?

I think it was mostly because she was just getting used to the school.. let alone going to dances. The reason she isn't attracted to any of the boys is because they are all hounding her all of the time. The poor girl couldn't rest for a minute!

2. Bella asks Edward if he has multiple personality disorder because he either seems to be overly friendly or sarcastic moments apart. To what did you attribute Edward's odd behavior?

His confusion. He has never had an experience like this before so he wasnt fully equipped to handle it. Most of them were defense mechanisms i think. He was busy trying to figure out why she smelled so good to him, and how to resist killing her.. so he hides it by trying to act friendly as possible so as to not scare her. Im sure anyone would have reacted the same way..
twilightfan1
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightfan1 »

1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her?
I don't think she wants to go to the spring dance because it's just that - a dance and she can't dance. i think that's what puts her off immediately. I don't think the boys appealed to her because not only is she already thinking in awe about Edward and hoping to see him in the canteen and stuff but it's obvious that she doesn;t know any of them well enough to like them yet - it's clear from the beginning that only real love will do for Bella. Not some people crushing on her.

2. Bella asks Edward if he has multiple personality disorder because he either seems to be overly friendly or sarcastic moments apart. To what did you attribute Edward's odd behavior?
At this point we don;t know about how good she smells or how much he thirsts for her blood in particular etc. so I thought it was to do with him not sure whether or not ot get close to her becasue of what he was -a vampire, but trying to stay friendly because shes on to his secrets.
WickedEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by WickedEdward »

The fact that she was a new student. With all the attention on her, not long before the dance happened would have been one reason and the other - the fact that she can't dance. I don't know whether this is weird to say but Bella doesn't really seem like the sort of girl to settle for anything less than who she really liked.

(I thought that was funny) I wasn't really sure but something written in the chapter made it appear if he was annoyed with himself, I think that was the way it went.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-bella is very mature for her age, all the boys at her high school were all very immature compared to her, so none of them interested her. i also think that they whole bella being a bad dancer thing had to do with it haha.

-i just thought it had something to do with edward being a vampire and wanting bella (from the back of the book)
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

Well, the main reason she didn't want to go to the dance was the dancing part of it. Not the best idea for any klutz. Anyways, I don't think she was attracted to any of the boys was because she was so interested in Edward. Maybe even a part of her (the subconscience part of her) that was already falling in love with him.

I just thought he kept changin his mind about Bella. That and he was being a jerk. But I also knew that, again, his behavior had something to do with him being a vampire. I was eager for Bella to finally figure it out and ask him just so I would know.
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

You can tell right away that Bella isn't the type of girl who would like dancing. And I think that from day one she had been consumed by Edward.

His like and dislike of Bella.

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
Forever Team Edward
Settled in Forks

Post by Forever Team Edward »

I think Bella really didn't want to go to the Dance because she is clumsy... i am very clumsy also and social situations like that can often be embarrsing for clumsy people. I think none of the boys appealed to her because she has never felt very appealing to any guys as she came from a school where people didn't think she was attractive because there were many other pretty girls in arizona. I also think she really did want to see where things would go with Edward.

I thought Edward's odd behavior had to do with something that he was hiding from her and maybe the feelings he was haveing for her was makeing things harder for him.
A Few of My Favorite Twilight Quotes and Pictures
E<3B
beemarie
Wandering Through Town

Post by beemarie »

She can't dance, and doesn't want to embarrass herself. Plus, even though she wasn't contiously aware of it, she had deep feelings for Edward.

Haha, I thought this too. I was like, what's the deal?
but i just thought there was something fishy about hi, but I still didn't really care. I was already starting to fall of him.
~Bee Marie
lunamia
Wandering Through Town

Post by lunamia »

I think that she was already feeling a pull towards Edward and did not want to give the wrong impression to any of the other guys. But I seriously think the main reason for not wanting to go is that she doesnt like/can dance. Nobody likes to make a fool of themselves on purpose.

A struggle of desires. I want to be near you but I really shouldnt..
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her? She doesn't want to dance or get dressed up. I think that none of the boys appealed to her because they were actin so desperate.

2. Bella asks Edward if he has multiple personality disorder because he either seems to be overly friendly or sarcastic moments apart. To what did you attribute Edward's odd behavior? Feeding habits or his overall mood.
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!