Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
footloose
Learning to Love Green

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite Chapters of the Series

Post by footloose »

Favorite in New Moon: Volterra, The Truth, Vote
Favorite in Eclipse: Fire and Ice

Least Favorite in New Moon: The End, Third Wheel, Paris, The Funeral (not saying they're not well-written)
Least Favorite in Eclipse: Monster

haven't reread Twilight and BD.
adream
Settled in Forks

Post by adream »

Been around for a while but this is my first post...
My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE chapter in is Eclipse...Fire and Ice.
I think it's just because we get to hear so much about Edward...his point of view, etc...
gilaღcantik
Settled in Forks

Post by gilaღcantik »

I don't have twilight with me so I won't name my fav and least fav of those. But for the other 3 books:

NM
my fav's are Verdict & The Truth
My least fav is probably the funeral

Eclipse
my fav is probably Compromise & I liked Wager cause she punched Jacob
100% least fav is Legends, that chapter is so boring, I skip over it now.

Breaking Dawn
Big Day would be my fav also Isle Esme and New
I don't dislike any chapter really, just the bits where Jacob gets all "let me pretend to be the only person in your child's life and forget the rest of you who are actually related to her". :? Jacob kinda ticks me off sometimes :lol:
Jessalyn118
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Jessalyn118 »

Legends..

I was TOTALLY bored..

whenever I read Eclipse again..

I skip that chapter..
"It's all about who you know"

"In that case, i hope you enjoy disappointment"

Edward Cullen

mixie
Settled in Forks

Post by mixie »

My least favorite is no doubt the chapter Monster in Eclipse. I remember when i read how Bella kissed Jacob back and realized that she loved him too i threw away my book and screamed "NO BELLA DON'T DO THIS!! THERE IS NO CHOICE, THERE IS JUST EDWARD!!!!". I just hated it so much and couldn't understand what she was thinking. Also the chapter Ethics was really unpleasant reading. After those, i just hated Jacob even more (but after reading BD i like him, i just couldn't stand him coming between Edward and Bella, trying to destroy their love).

My favorite chapter is a little bit harder to define. I kind of like the whole third book in BD, after Bella becoming a vampire. Its just so perfect and everything happended the way i was hoping. But if i have to choose only one the last chapter when Bella lets Edward hear her thoughts is the one i like the most!
TEAM EDWARD
Do I dazzle you?
gilaღcantik
Settled in Forks

Post by gilaღcantik »

mixie wrote:My least favorite is no doubt the chapter Monster in Eclipse. I remember when i read how Bella kissed Jacob back and realized that she loved him too i threw away my book and screamed "NO BELLA DON'T DO THIS!! THERE IS NO CHOICE, THERE IS JUST EDWARD!!!!". I just hated it so much and couldn't understand what she was thinking. Also the chapter Ethics was really unpleasant reading. After those, i just hated Jacob even more (but after reading BD i like him, i just couldn't stand him coming between Edward and Bella, trying to destroy their love).
I also didn't like Monster for the exact same reason!!!

And I really hated how Bella was beating herself up over how she was hurting Jacob, when he was pretty much playing up to it, and she was soooo forgiving. Jacob lost so many brownie points with me in Eclipse (and a little in NM) that it was hard for me to even like him in BD, and even now when I read them I still feel the same.
JessRuby
Wandering Through Town

Post by JessRuby »

I'd have to disagree with a lot of the posts and say that one of my favourite chapters is The End from New Moon.
The fact that no matter how many times I read it it makes me weep is really saying something about the writing and emotion in that chapter. It shows that I've become attatched to the fact that Bella and Edward should be together and I just think it was really well-written.
Another one of my favourite chapters is from Eclipse, with Edward, Bella and Jacob in the tent.
Oh! and I almost forgot, Chapter 20 from Eclipse, hahaha. Love it!

My least favourite is Legends from Eclipse. Even when I read it the first time I just skimmed through it. Also, someone mentioned it before, but when Jacob went to the park to make himself imprint (Chapter 17 from his POV), I thought that was sort of unneccesary and didn't really add anything to the book.
"Marry me first."
"Okay. What's the punch line?"
"You're wounding my ego, Bella. I just proposed to you, and you think it's a
joke."
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

I don't actually own the books, I just borrowed them from a friend so I'll have to describe the chapters and not give their actual names.

Twilight:
My favorite chapter was when Edward took Bella to his house and introduced her to his family. I thought it showed that Edward was finally fully committed to having a relationship with Bella. Before, he went back and forth between thinking he should leave her alone and wanting to be with her. It was really interesting to see the Cullens reactions to Bella and learn more about their history.
My least favorite chapter was probably one of the 1st few when Edward was out of school and there wasn't much happening.

New Moon:
My favorite was when Alice showed up. I think it was called Visitor. I had been so sick of Bella moping around and I was just waiting for the Cullens to show up. I also really like Alice so it's always good when her character is a big part of the story.
My least favorite was The End, when Edward left. I'm a Bella-Edward fan and I really like the Cullens. I didn't really enjoy learning about the werewolves.

Eclipse:
This was my favorite book. I liked the chapter where Jasper explained his history and I liked the chapter where he was teaching everyone how to fight. I think all of the Cullens have interesting stories and I like learning more about them. I wish SM would write books about the other characters.
My least favorite was when Bella went to the bbq at La Push. I'm just not that interested in the werewolves!

Breaking Dawn:
The wedding was very romantic. I guess that was my favorite. I also liked when Alice and Jasper returned and Alice was explaining to the Cullens what she had been up to.
I didn't really like any of the chapters told form Jake's perspective.
Zina
Settled in Forks

Post by Zina »

I know this has already been posted but my least favourite chapter was "The End" in NM.
This seriously caused me physical pain. I have re-read NM three times now and I still cry when I read that chapter.

My favourite chapter was "New". Maybe I am a sap but I was holding out for Bella to become a vampire and then everything was just so perfect (until it all went downhill ;) ) It was just lovely that she finally got what she wished for and was able to achieve so much in such a short period of time, controlling her thirst, Jacob, Charlie and mastering her mind sheild.
pochacco
Settled in Forks

Post by pochacco »

favourite chapter: Twilight chapter 9 - Theory
^^and i love the lines “About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him—and I didn’t know how potent that part might be—that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.”

least favourite chapter: Breaking Dawn chapter 11 - Legends
i guess its good to know about the legends but it was confusing because of the names =S and it was too much!!
♥.•:*¨¨*:•.♥•.♥.•° ♪°•.♥.•:*¨¨*:•.♥.•°♪ °•.♥.•:*
-------------------> cassiex <---------------------
♥.•:*¨¨*:•.♥•.♥.•° ♪°•.♥.•:*¨¨*:•.♥.•°♪ °•.♥.•:*