Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Elizabeth Masen

Post by Cymbrelynn »

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:
Cymbrelynn wrote:
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:WHAT WOULD I DO W/ OUT ELIZABETH MASEN??!?!? :lol: She created the most amazing person there is to be and I really do want to hear more about her. And Edward's father. And like everyone else already said, :) I think Edward got his extra sense from Elizabeth. But what I do wonder is why didn't Carlisle change Elizabeth and Edward? Then they could be mother and son forever together..lol I do think Edward is a momma's boy in a very good way. I think Elizabeth would absolutly approve of Bella because in some way they are sort of the same...Very motherly, being able to risk their life for someone they love, and both of their love for Edward.
Great points about the Bella/Elizabeth Masen parallels. I think Carlisle probably didn't change Elizabeth because she didn't ask him to. For herself, she possibly felt at peace dying and going on to whatever afterlife there may be. But her motherly instinct was for Edward to be saved at all costs. It's possible that she was too weak to survive the change as well.
Hmm..that may be true. But then again...why wouldn't you take a chance at eternity as long as you could be with someone you loved? In this case it's her son..

It probably comes down to something like this: A lot of people have faith that there is an afterlife, but no one knows for sure. In Elizabeth's case, as a believer, she was okay with accepting her chances for herself. She probably thought in death she would be going to heaven and reunited with her husband. When it came to her son, however, the instinct to fight for her son's survival was too strong. This is not something she's willing to leave to chance. She wants him to live no matter what it takes.
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

cullensallovamybinda wrote:wouldnt it be hilarious if it was liz and edward sitting there human edward reading hes like ¨your making my favourite roast tonight mom!! thanks¨ elizabeth looks athim funny ¨i was thinking about making that but i haddent decided that yet edward i swear, sometimes you can read my mind...¨ hehe im in tears laughing right now :D
LOL. I can see her face in my mind. :o :shock: :? (a mixture of those)
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

Cymbrelynn wrote:
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:
Cymbrelynn wrote:
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:WHAT WOULD I DO W/ OUT ELIZABETH MASEN??!?!? :lol: She created the most amazing person there is to be and I really do want to hear more about her. And Edward's father. And like everyone else already said, :) I think Edward got his extra sense from Elizabeth. But what I do wonder is why didn't Carlisle change Elizabeth and Edward? Then they could be mother and son forever together..lol I do think Edward is a momma's boy in a very good way. I think Elizabeth would absolutly approve of Bella because in some way they are sort of the same...Very motherly, being able to risk their life for someone they love, and both of their love for Edward.
Great points about the Bella/Elizabeth Masen parallels. I think Carlisle probably didn't change Elizabeth because she didn't ask him to. For herself, she possibly felt at peace dying and going on to whatever afterlife there may be. But her motherly instinct was for Edward to be saved at all costs. It's possible that she was too weak to survive the change as well.
Hmm..that may be true. But then again...why wouldn't you take a chance at eternity as long as you could be with someone you loved? In this case it's her son..

It probably comes down to something like this: A lot of people have faith that there is an afterlife, but no one knows for sure. In Elizabeth's case, as a believer, she was okay with accepting her chances for herself. She probably thought in death she would be going to heaven and reunited with her husband. When it came to her son, however, the instinct to fight for her son's survival was too strong. This is not something she's willing to leave to chance. She wants him to live no matter what it takes.
And also, Edward was 17. He had his whole life. She didn't want him to be a ZoeGirl song.
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Yeah I think she cared about him more than she cared about herself. I wonder how she knew that Carlisle could save him (turning him into a vampire.)
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
xroadsempress
Settled in Forks

Post by xroadsempress »

I would really like Midnight Sun to include more details about Elizabeth. The moment she was introduced, I was already intrigued of what lies beneath the name. :)