For XY Discussion Only!!

Alphie
Blame me for everything

For XY Discussion Only!!

Post by Alphie »

We've had an interesting request for a thread where the guys can talk without any input from the females. Given that about 98% of the board is female, we realize that the guys don't have any place for JUST them. Yes, there is a Twilight Guy thread, but it's more of an intro place and for every guy post there are about 20 female posts.

So guys, here it is. This thread is JUST for you. If you are female, you should not be posting here. Guys, if a girl comes in here and posts, let us know and we'll talk to them about the rules of the thread. Of course, should your conversation ever become out of hand (with guys? NEVER! LOL!) one of the mods will have to step in... and at this point in time, all the mods are female. Just watch yourselves and keep things friendly and you should be girl free in here.

Have fun!
AshleyC
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: For XY Discussion Only!!

Post by AshleyC »

Cool : ) Hi .. err guys.
Male, England. : )

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profi ... 1&ref=name

Feel Free To Add Meee : )
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Ahh man!
I'm the one who requested this thread and I didn't get the first post, dammit
oh well
hows it going to all of you twiguys out there.
I'm interested in getting some male POV feedback on the series, but am not sure what to start with.
I guess I'll start with what I've been posting about on at least two other threads, and that is:
The whole Bella/Edward/Jacob love triangle, and whether or not you think Bella really deserves all of this attention and competition.
Let me know what you guys think. (I didn't have to qualify by saying ("gals, whatever")!! awesome)
And also, welcome to a thread all our own!
hope you guys enjoy it, I certainly intend to
= )...
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Ard Rhys69
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Ard Rhys69 »

Wow... I'm not gonna lie, I'm really stoked to have our own thread.
Is officially wearing foolinthemoon's "Hero Button"
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4736612/1/Victorias_Hunt
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Me too, ard, me too.
Our last thread was basically taken over by girls, so I asked the mods, or administrators, or whoever to get us our own thread where the girls can't interfere...
What should we discuss first?
I thought the Love triangle and it's ramifications would be a good opener, but if you guys want to discuss something else first, that's fine with me.
so... What's on your minds?
p.s.
ard, if you know any other guys on here, maybe you could PM them and invite them to this thread?.. I would, but I only know you, and AshleyC i guess...
Umm, just curious Ashley, I see the twilight guy rank on your profile, or whatever, but, um, isn't ashley a girl's name, usually? I mean I guess since it's just an internet handle, it doesn't really matter...
no offense intended... just curious...
= )...
AshleyC
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by AshleyC »

SenorGimp wrote:Me too, ard, me too.
Our last thread was basically taken over by girls, so I asked the mods, or administrators, or whoever to get us our own thread where the girls can't interfere...
What should we discuss first?
I thought the Love triangle and it's ramifications would be a good opener, but if you guys want to discuss something else first, that's fine with me.
so... What's on your minds?
p.s.
ard, if you know any other guys on here, maybe you could PM them and invite them to this thread?.. I would, but I only know you, and AshleyC i guess...
Umm, just curious Ashley, I see the twilight guy rank on your profile, or whatever, but, um, isn't ashley a girl's name, usually? I mean I guess since it's just an internet handle, it doesn't really matter...
no offense intended... just curious...
= )...
England. Predominantly a guys name. None taken.

SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

huh
of that i was completely unaware..
good to know
so i thought i'd bring in a post of mine from the bella 2 thread, in order to kick off this discussion
It is in response to a post about the tent scene in which Bella kisses Jacob and goes as follows:

I guess I never really viewed the scene as cheating though, not sure why, but i figured Bella was entitled to try something else for at least a minute, since Edward went off and 'tried something else' for months, intentionally delivering a malicious blow to bella's heart in the form of, "I just don't love you" (supposedly to make it easier for her to separate herself from him... that obviously worked), or whatever it was that he said, i don't specifically remember, but i think that bella had every right to kiss jacob in that tent, although i don't think she would have if she weren't gullible enough to fall for jake's i'll kill myself story, which brings me back to HOFJ's (sorry, don't know how else to abbreviate it, bear with me) points about how she never learns anything, if she did she would have known jacob well enough to know that he was bluffing, but i guess she never really did get to know him too well, just kind of used him to drive her own pain to a tolerable distance...
sorry got off track..
...i think bella had every right to kiss jacob, and if edward had to suffer for the experience, all the better, Bella and Jacob shouldn't be the only ones who have to endure emotional trauma and heartache throughout the story...
And, anticipating this response, though unsure as to whether it will actually be brought up, I don't want to hear anything (which doesn't mean you can't post it, freedom of speech and all that) about how edward sufferd when he left bella, cause that was his own damn doing, and at least he knew that they both loved each other, whereas bella was left with the actualizing of all of her longest-brooded over fears (Edward couldn't possibly love me, he's too perfect, yada yada).

your input is most welcome
= )...

P.S.
I KNOW YOU GIRLS ARE ON HERE CHECKING IT OUT, AND I'LL BET IT KILLS YOU TO NOT BE ABLE TO POST HERE..
71 views and only 6 posts indeed!
I don't mind if you read what we write, that's fine, just so you know, I just wanted a place to be able to talk to the guys without any distractions or outside influences on the direction of our discussion...
assuming one actually starts up...
love you ladies!
= )...
AshleyC
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by AshleyC »

Ok completely random question and I only ask in here to get this post going ... but in the film after James decides to try kill Bella and the Cullens are in their garage.. Alice says her and Jasper will take Bella south .. Edward says can you try and keep your thoughts to yourself, as in she's thought up something distastful?

What was she thinking? Anyone know? (I mean did I miss anything in the books)

Cheers

SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Haven't seen the movie, ashley, and I don't remember anything in the books about that, but the only thing I can think is that Alice was thinking about the possible lewd interpretation of what she'd just said, and maybe she was thinking something along the lines of "I bet you wish you could take her down south, huh Edward?"
Or maybe not, just a thought...
= )...
8/91 posts/views
are there really that few guys on this site?!?!?!
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

Hello gents I normally hangout in the Gutter but that typically moves too fast my own good. So I figured I would say hello...We really don't have a topic so not sure what to talk about. I got it.

QOTD = Question of the day.
QOTD: What is your favorite female character and why?

I guess I should start my favorite is Alice maybe it's because she is a pixie which kind of reminds me of my wife or maybe it's because she seems to have so much fun with life either way she is my favorite female character.

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*