Billy Black

Character Discussion Forum

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Re: Billy Black

Post by -Jasper »

I'm not sure why Billy is in a wheel chair, but I'm sure it says somewhere about him having joint problems.

I don't think the books say very much about Billy, and I must say that he annoys me when he answers Bella's phone calls, saying that Jacob is not there.

Overall, he's alright
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

if you read back through this message board... the questions about Billy have all been answered.

Good Luck
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

billy is amazing except for when he comes to bellas house just to make sure that edwards not there and when he sends jacob to the prom..
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

a responcible caring protective dad / friend has to do what he has to do. Charlie is his friend and the Cullens are his enemies, so he really is acting appropriatly... really...
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
mikkib
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mikkib »

I thought Billy acted like you would expect in Twilight. I mean, she's dating a vampire. He acted out of concern for her.

I didn't understand his actions in Eclipse at all. I mean, they still hated the vampires. They now know she's well informed about what is going on, and plans on being a vampire, and he completely accepts her hanging out in LaPush with her son? It's seems odd to me. I mean, you would think he would have been nicer when she was supposedly uninformed are more a victim.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Well, that's a good thing about Billy. He respects Bella and her personal choices.

Actually it probably helped that he knew of Jacob's plan so he didn't have to deal with it himself.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

I wanted to hate Billy because he tried to make things difficult for Bella and Edward, and I think they belong together. The key word is wanted. I don't. I can't not respect him. He is a good guy. He was trying to look out for his best friend's daughter. In Twilight, when Bella had a conversation with him (I don't own the book so forgive me if this isn't exact) and said something to the effect of isn't it possible I know more about the Cullens than you do and he agreed, it made me really respect him. He believed the old legends and had a strong opinion about the Cullens; however, he was open minded enough to listen to Bella and realize there could be more that he did not know. He wasn't stubborn.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

See now? That's why it's silly to hate anyone who merely comes in the way of Bedward. After all, why should everyone just defer to their relationship? The world does not revolve around them.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

Well, I said I couldn't actually hate him lol. And, I don't think people should defer to them, but I don't think there is any reason to try to break them up either. Allowing a happy couple to have their relationship is pretty far from the world revolving around the couple. I usually support a "live and let live" mentality and try to stay out of other people's business. Billy did not do mind his own business-threatening to tell Charlie, sending Jacob to the prom with a warning for Bella, etc. I think Billy overstepped his bounds. Jacob also seemed uncomfortable with his dad's meddling. But anyway, my point was that I respect Billy for being open-minded, listening to Bella and not being stubborn. It was a positive thing.
DesiringJB
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by DesiringJB »

eclipserox wrote:Well, I said I couldn't actually hate him lol. And, I don't think people should defer to them, but I don't think there is any reason to try to break them up either. Allowing a happy couple to have their relationship is pretty far from the world revolving around the couple. I usually support a "live and let live" mentality and try to stay out of other people's business. Billy did not do mind his own business-threatening to tell Charlie, sending Jacob to the prom with a warning for Bella, etc. I think Billy overstepped his bounds. Jacob also seemed uncomfortable with his dad's meddling. But anyway, my point was that I respect Billy for being open-minded, listening to Bella and not being stubborn. It was a positive thing.
Well, you wouldn't just "mind your own business" if you thought someone you cared about was in grave danger. You have to remember that it wasn't about not wanting Bella to be happy..It was about trying to protect her. Billy didn't trust Edward to keep her safe.. Obviously, WE know Edward wouldn't hurt her, but Billy didn't have that kind of assurance..