Teenagers Unite III

A.H
Official Dog Lover!

Re: Teenagers Unite III

Post by A.H »

I heard about twilight quite a bit.. but then in a magazine.. sugar or bliss i'm not sure there was the 1st chapter in this mini paper book with the movie cover and got hooked. this was a few months ago when school had just started after the summer holidays so that must have been september.
Twinny, Layla| Graphics by Narnia| I'm on The List, Hurricane| Randie
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

Let's see.... It was the eighth grade and I had just started to really getting into reading. I was reading the Warriors books when on of my friends told me I had to read Twilight. When she said it was about vampires, my first thought was, "Uck, vampires. It's not going to be any good." I put both Twilight and New Moon on hold and that was all I needed. I've loved the books since and I thank my friend for that. And it also helped expand my reading variety. :D
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

SO that's where i got the first chapter of Twilight!! *slaps forehead* i knew i got it free from somewhere but i thought it was from a bookstore (which i frequent a lot) i had no idea it was from Sugar or Bliss magazine :lol:

Oh *realises she's ran into the teen thread and randomly started babbling* Hey there Im Rachel , quite possibly can't be classed as a teenager but im still in the age bracket stated on the front page so im ok.

I first heard about Twilight from my French friend when she stayed with me in july - she was reading the french translation of twilight and i actually bought her the english version as a present while she was here. i already had the first chapter of twilight but i didn't read it til early august obviously i was instantly hooked - i went out the next day and bought the first three books, read them in two days then bought and read the whole of Breaking Dawn on the Saturday . boy was i tired :lol:
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)
twilighter1193
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilighter1193 »

Hey Rachel! I'm Shelby! :D

I heard of twilight when i was in seventh grade from my friend and she was going to let me barrow it but never did... so i forgot about it until my other friend read it and then let me barrow it last year (9th grade...) But i'm just glad that i read twilight BEFORE the movie because i got to dream up of my own characters and wasn't necessarily "following the crowd" at the time :D
i LOVE twilight <3;
I have MAJOR O.C.D.!!!(obsessive Cullen disorder)

Team Edward: Bringing sexy back since 1901
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

Hey Shelby! (isn't it your birthday or something? - i read through the last few pages and i noticed lots of big colourful lettering :lol:)
I think i was one of the first people at my school to read the books but im not sure, there are loads of girls in the year below me who like twilight now but i think the film may have had some impetus in their reading of the books. you know the whole ehmagawd Edward is sooo hot! kind of fangirls (no offence if any of you do squee at Rob)
I'm staying!!!
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

Hi Rachel! I'm Carrisa, obviously. ^^

Last year I felt like the only Twilighter there. I was a little lonely but I thought since it was a book series it wouldn't catch on since so many people anymore say they hate reading. This year I can't get away from Twilight fangirls and quite frankly I can't stand it. I never liked being part of a "crowd" but now people think I am since I read the books. I don't treat Twilight like other girls do. If you ask me if Twilight is good I'll say, "It's good to me. I don't know about others, but I like it." Instead of gushing, "Like, OMG! It's is so awesome! You have to read it." (No offense to anyone here.) It just annoys me. :x
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

hey Carrisa
Unfortunately although im not a RPattz fangirl i am a serious fan of the books i will bounce up and down giggling like a two year old if i start on about the books (which for someone of my age makes me look rather silly) and i do try and encourage people to read the books - i kinda forced the book on my three best friends but thankfully two of them loved it so im off the hook for my obssession :lol:
I'm staying!!!
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

Hey guys!
Yeah I must say I am a bigger fan of the books than like RPattz and the actors (excpet Kellan..I could be screaming fangirl for himm:?)

I first read the books in January 2008 - so a year ago, when my friend got the series for Christmas.
We had been talking about 'Finding our Prince Charming's' (yeah we're 16 but have this fantasy dream..We're sensible though! :lol: We're not little idiots..)
Well anyway, we'd been saying that and then she read the books and was like: "After you've read these you won't be looking for your Prince Charming - You'll be looking for your Edward Cullen!"
So then I quickly ran out and got them all and read them in a week.

Then I read BD in 2 days (after school both nights) when it came out and finished it before EVERYONE I knew and they were all really slow so I was itching to talk to someone abou tit for DAYS!
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
lovvetwilight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by lovvetwilight »

Ooh, a new thread!! Lovely! And 7 pages already..

Well I had a friend of a friend who told me how she was totally obsessive over this book, and that her dad had to like take it from her so she wouldn't read it again. I understood cuz I felt that way about HP (no more, so don't kill me), so I figured that any book that caused obsessive behavior was worth reading. I went to the library and checked it out, and read all (but BD, because this was about one and a half years ago) within a week.

Lets just say that following her advice was one of the smartest decisions of my life so far :D

So this is kinda off-topic, but when do you think is too young for someone to read Twilight? Because I read it in 8th grade, which seemed like a pretty good age, but I could see younger kids appreciating it, too. What do yall think?
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4356617/1/Bad_Girl_Bella << please press

Team Edward Team Ian
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

I personally think that anything below 13-ish is too young.
For some reason, I just don't think that anyone younger would be able to fully appreciate, understand and acknowledge all the themes and situations in the book.
I know there are probably younger ones who can, but personally I think under 13..
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner