General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bite-me
Wandering Through Town

Re: Children of the Moon vs Shape Shifters

Post by bite-me »

The whole Shapeshifter title makes perfect sense to me.

As many have stated a true werewolf is controlled by the phases of the moon and looses all human instinct.
I agree with this.
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

tinuviel2006 wrote:I really liked that part in the book, when it's all explained about the shape-shifting, but I still wonder - are the Quileute wolfs still natural enemies of vampires? Or is this just a coincidence in some ways?
I think in the Quileute's case, they are still mortal enemies because their whole reason for being is to protect the pack and the people in La Push. So, since most vampires would defy that sanctity, then they would not do well with vampires in general. Plus, their teeth and strength is the only thing, other than another vampire and a true werewolf, that can destroy vampires. So, I think there's more to this world than we imagined. It'll be interesting to see if Stephenie writes a little about true werewolves in future books when/if she comes back to the Twilight universe.
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
Pixie
Settled in Forks

Post by Pixie »

tinuviel2006 wrote:I really liked that part in the book, when it's all explained about the shape-shifting, but I still wonder - are the Quileute wolfs still natural enemies of vampires? Or is this just a coincidence in some ways?

I don't believe they are natural enemies. The Quileute wolves shape shifted, before vampires entered the picture. They were already protecting their tribe. They are enemies, because vampires pose a threat, to their tribe.
Alice's_Guineapig.x
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice's_Guineapig.x »

I never really thought of them as werewolves anyway, just wolves because they weren't all hollywood! So though I didn't exspect it I wasn't that shocked.
There is no way Jake knew about the children of the moon.
The Cullens definatly knew, that much is obvious.
"And I'm a virgo!" - Bella Cullen (Calling her that is so cool!.x)

"Ow!" - Edward Cullen

I love it, love it!..x
xMoonlightxTragedyx
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by xMoonlightxTragedyx »

Im glad she put this in the book. Because I was so used to my idea werewolves.. that it was realy confusing. I was like "are there anymore out there becuase I though this was a tribe thing" Glas thats a cleared up.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I am so glad that the pack turned out to be Shape-shifters and that a werewolf does need the full moon. I remember when I first learned that Stephenie Meyers version of a werewolf transforms at any time. This was after I accepted that her vampires glitter in the sun (which I liked, but had initial trouble accepting).

I yelled at the book "Is there NOTHING sacred anymore" about my beloved mythical creatures????

I do love that there was a reason it could all be okay. I do love that werewolves just POP right out like a firecracker!

p.s. I am sorry for any spelling errors. there is no spell check :(
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Rosanesmee
Wandering Through Town

Post by Rosanesmee »

I find it kind of confusing, I mean I got used to calling the Quileute's werewolves and accepting that Stephenie's werewolves were different to the norm, just like her vampires. Then you find out that their not different, they just weren't werewolves in the first place!

I keep having to correct myself and my friends when someone says 'werewolf'. Soemone will just casually throw in a "no, their shape-shifters" and go back to their own little conversation, although half my friends haven't finished BD yet so it's usually a quiet correction. :D
Once you go Black, you never go back! <3 Jacob
aprilshowers
Settled in Forks

Post by aprilshowers »

ourlastmemory wrote:but if they really aren't werewolves, why do the cullens find their smell so repulsive??!
This is just a random theory but what if the smell is an indicator that a powerful species is around.Kind of
like a warning of some sort.

Also I don't think the "werewolves" and vampires are naturally mortal enemies,I think that the Quiluetes make the change into wolves to protect themselvesand their people when something dangerous is around.I think the vampires were the first seriously dangerous species they had come across in a long time.
KStew and RPatz
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KStew and RPatz »

I thought thi swas kind of like Charlie and Sue's relationship where all of the sudden they were going to be together. Kind of random for them to be "shape-shifters" and not werewolves. Really random in my opinion. *shrugs* But what do I know.
shape-shifter
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shape-shifter »

I wish we knew more about the children of the moon

Maybe if she comes out with a series("the adventures of Nessie and Jacob" jkjkjk that was bad lol) then we'll learn more

are the children of the moon evil? or good? what are there origins. Where do they live? what do they look like? They are probably big like the shape-shifters, but are they uglier or seomthing? DO they stand on their hind legs

Can the shape-shifters stand on their hind legs?