Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by Babygirl67 »

i loved it :)
Asalie
Settled in Forks

Post by Asalie »

So, I absolutely loooooved the books, but was definitely disappointed with the movie. Like others, I tried to not get wrapped around the fact that it was not meant to be exactly like the book, but there were definitely some things that bugged me. Again, like others, the time jumps were out of control. The most crucial parts of the developing relationship with Edward and Bella were gone and it made it seem fake and just bad. Plus, now don't kill me, I was not real happy with some of the acting from Rob. I mean, I always saw Edward as kind of sarcastic, which he really wasnt in the movie. Plus, the whole point was that meeting Bella made him happy, complete, like he had found his "soul" mate, but he never seemed happy. They both seemed to be so self sonscious around each other that it was more like a crush, not real eternal true love. Overall, the movie was not bad, and the missing scenes that should have been there are my only major gripe that I am BEGGING them to fix for the next movie. Again, I loved the books and I just wish that the movie would have been truer to the fans and not so much about the general public who probably didnt get half of it anyway if they have not read the book. I will definitely watch the movie again and already ordered the DVD, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for the remaining films that they iron out some of the issues.
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

SpiiderMonkey wrote:I just have a little question, I don't know if this is the right place, or if its been told already, but I was under the impression that Vampires don't bleed.. I don't know if they do and i just wasn't paying attention to that detail in the book but I always though they didn't have blood...
The reason i'm saying this is because in the fight scene in the movie, when Edward is holding James up and sort of rips off a side of his neck, it shows blood coming down james' lip, I was just wondering if anyone else noticed that, or am I losing my mind? :lol:

Edit!
Nevermind, I just thought about it and it must be the blood from bella's arm when he bites her.. yeah i'm obviously not the brightest haha..
^ No! (to your Edit) You were right the first time - vampires shouldn't "bleed." I haven't seen anyone else mention that, and I personally forgot to complain about it. Ha. So thank you for bringing it up.

Vampires do have blood in their system after they feed. They drink the blood, which flows through them and slowly burns as energy. That's why their eyes are red/crimson (from human blood), but James has black eyes the entire movie. This should mean he's thirsty and void of blood. Of course, that doesn't make sense because they recently hunted..as we saw in that dumb lake scene. So why is Laurent the ONLY one with red eyes??! :x

James did bleed in that scene -- it wasn't just from Bella. I'm curious as to who suggested that make-up flaw. Probably the same person who put red lip stain and eyeliner on Edward. :roll:
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
Maira
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Maira »

^ Maybe Rob punched him too hard. :lol:

WTF was with his [Edward's] eyebrows? So stupid. THey got better in the middle, but then they were bad again.
Private Aubrey Tobin in Jasper's Confederate Army.
You have to see this. *freaks*
Beep... Beep... Beep... Maira is going out of order... Bee- back eventually...
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

Umm yeah, they were way too dark. And something about the shape of them. Granted, Rob usually has unruly eyebrows. Or should I say unibrow? At least they took care of that.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
mandyb7
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by mandyb7 »

okay I just got back from my third viewing of Twilight and the first thing I have to say is omg I totally did not realize that was Rob singing while Bella is dying!!!!!! I was in shock when I realized it and blown away! (here's the song on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op4xCixZrOs)

okay so now my review of the movie after my third time seeing it (and forth time reading the book):

It is the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my life!!!!!! I was completely blown away!

I went with my sister who not only has never read the books but she knew nothing about the movie (if it helps I'm 19 and she's 33). All she knew was that it was a love story and it had vampires, she hadn't even see a preview for it. So that was my mind set going into watching it for a third time. As I was watching the movie trying to imagine how my sister would be watching it and taking it in, with no pre judged thoughts about the movie at all. And I was completely blown away and awe struck, and my sister of course loved it too. I got freaking goose bumps from the baseball scene!!! I completely forgot about the book and just enjoyed it like any other movie and in my opinion it is the best movie ever! I fell in love all over again! And the acting was phenomenal!!! Above and beyond!

And a lot of thing's that I may not have liked from before, and that I know some of you didn't as well, I now love. Like I actually think the make up was phenomenal! The Cullen's skin and lips were amazing! I kinda wish their eyes were a nicer gold but I still loved it. It didn't even bother me that the character's weren't exactly like the book, before I was a bit annoyed with how the Cullen's weren't inconspicuous enough or that Mike wasn't like his book counter part at all but none of that bother's me anymore. I really can't find anything wrong with the movie -when I just think of it as a movie, of course if I compare it to the book I will get pissed off but I don't do that anymore cuz I want to love the movie.

oh and I noticed a little something that might be a mistake but I think it might have been done on purpose. So after Edward and Bella walk into the prom there's a few shots of the like the crowd and other people at the prom and for like a second there is a shot of the back of Victoria at like the punch table or something. I think they may have done that on purpose but I don't think it was a good idea cuz Edward would have known she was there, like he would have known see was watching them dance.

twilightsagaaddict wrote:I read on another post that the reason Edward is making those faces is a reaction to his thoughts/feelings. If you've read Midnight Sun, you can see exactly what he's reacting to and when. I also read that when they were shooting, Rob had made notes as to what "feelings" he was reacting to so his portrayal would be accurate.
Yes, I spent a lot of time on youtube watching interviews of Rob taking about his role before I went to go see it a third time - Rob gave a lot of thought about the role and cared a lot about it - and I also reminded myself of how Edward feels in Midnight Sun and that Rob focused on that a lot. And wow was Rob phenomenal! I always thought Rob was great in Twilight but after seeing it a few times and really seeing all the little details in his acting he got even more amazing! and same goes for Kristen, the first few times I saw Twilight I thought she was good but it wasn't her greatest work and now I think Twilight might be her best work! She was great!
Asalie wrote:Again, I loved the books and I just wish that the movie would have been truer to the fans and not so much about the general public who probably didnt get half of it anyway if they have not read the book.
See that's what I thought as well about people who have never read the books but everyone I have talked to who didn't read the book before watching the movie say they totally got it. Just watching it tonight I would turn to my sister to explain something and she'd be like yeah I figured that or yeah I got that, she didn't have any questions for me, she totally understood everything and loved it.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict
Vampire4eva

Post by Vampire4eva »

mandyb7 wrote:okay I just got back from my third viewing of Twilight and the first thing I have to say is omg I totally did not realize that was Rob singing while Bella is dying!!!!!! I was in shock when I realized it and blown away! (here's the song on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op4xCixZrOs)

okay so now my review of the movie after my third time seeing it (and forth time reading the book):

It is the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my life!!!!!! I was completely blown away!

I went with my sister who not only has never read the books but she knew nothing about the movie (if it helps I'm 19 and she's 33). All she knew was that it was a love story and it had vampires, she hadn't even see a preview for it. So that was my mind set going into watching it for a third time. As I was watching the movie trying to imagine how my sister would be watching it and taking it in, with no pre judged thoughts about the movie at all. And I was completely blown away and awe struck, and my sister of course loved it too. I got freaking goose bumps from the baseball scene!!! I completely forgot about the book and just enjoyed it like any other movie and in my opinion it is the best movie ever! I fell in love all over again! And the acting was phenomenal!!! Above and beyond!

And a lot of thing's that I may not have liked from before, and that I know some of you didn't as well, I now love. Like I actually think the make up was phenomenal! The Cullen's skin and lips were amazing! I kinda wish their eyes were a nicer gold but I still loved it. It didn't even bother me that the character's weren't exactly like the book, before I was a bit annoyed with how the Cullen's weren't inconspicuous enough or that Mike wasn't like his book counter part at all but none of that bother's me anymore. I really can't find anything wrong with the movie -when I just think of it as a movie, of course if I compare it to the book I will get pissed off but I don't do that anymore cuz I want to love the movie.

oh and I noticed a little something that might be a mistake but I think it might have been done on purpose. So after Edward and Bella walk into the prom there's a few shots of the like the crowd and other people at the prom and for like a second there is a shot of the back of Victoria at like the punch table or something. I think they may have done that on purpose but I don't think it was a good idea cuz Edward would have known she was there, like he would have known see was watching them dance.

twilightsagaaddict wrote:I read on another post that the reason Edward is making those faces is a reaction to his thoughts/feelings. If you've read Midnight Sun, you can see exactly what he's reacting to and when. I also read that when they were shooting, Rob had made notes as to what "feelings" he was reacting to so his portrayal would be accurate.
Yes, I spent a lot of time on youtube watching interviews of Rob taking about his role before I went to go see it a third time - Rob gave a lot of thought about the role and cared a lot about it - and I also reminded myself of how Edward feels in Midnight Sun and that Rob focused on that a lot. And wow was Rob phenomenal! I always thought Rob was great in Twilight but after seeing it a few times and really seeing all the little details in his acting he got even more amazing! and same goes for Kristen, the first few times I saw Twilight I thought she was good but it wasn't her greatest work and now I think Twilight might be her best work! She was great!
Asalie wrote:Again, I loved the books and I just wish that the movie would have been truer to the fans and not so much about the general public who probably didnt get half of it anyway if they have not read the book.
See that's what I thought as well about people who have never read the books but everyone I have talked to who didn't read the book before watching the movie say they totally got it. Just watching it tonight I would turn to my sister to explain something and she'd be like yeah I figured that or yeah I got that, she didn't have any questions for me, she totally understood everything and loved it.
I totally agree with everything you have said. I really cant find anything truly bad to say about the film either. I took my friend to see it on sunday and now she is hooked, she really enjoyed it.
I remember that song wasnt sure if it was Rob or not singing during the film, but absolutely love that song.
isaella swan
Settled in Forks

Post by isaella swan »

twilight movie worse than buffy?!?
i want to paraphrase a non - american review of the movie:
"as all the fans of the twilight saga where that thrilled about the upcoming movie, it brought in 36mio $ on the first week-end, but then even the most enthousiastic had to realize that the visualization of the book had failed. of course cutbacks are inevitable, but above all the love story between bella and edward had to suffer - to a degree that it becomes a mere claim. the rest of the movie contains an explanation of the vampires' world through bella's eyes. even the action part of cam gigandet alias james is not convincing. every single episode of buffy offers not only better actors and dialogues, but also better action which is a real confession of failure for a cine film. [...] too many "vampires = sex" metaphores [...] the only bright spot is the soundtrack"
how would you commet on that?
perfection, eternity and true <3
TEAM EDWARD knight in shining volvo
Vampire4eva

Post by Vampire4eva »

I actually dont think its fair to compare Buffy and Twilight both are very different, yes they contain vampires and werewolfs but thats an entirely different story to Twilight. Now I am not sure if that review is comparing the film or the actual Buffy series. Yes in the series Buffy falls for a vampire 'Angel' and has relations with Spike but the series isn't centred on a mortal falling for a vampire. IHowever if you are comparing the two films side by side the film Buffy is average, an introduction to the world of Buffy Summers who discovers she is chosen to fight demons and vampires. I can say all that because I have seen the Buffy film several times and was a huge fan of the Buffy series.
I will say it again every film has its faults including the Buffy film. Maybe trying to stay true to the book is sacrificing the films potential. They are trying to so hard to keep fans and make fans that they are not focusing on what they should be which is the portrayal of the characters.

Where was that review from anyway?