Twilight Saga Q&A #2

Zoltan
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #2

Post by Zoltan »

Who thinks Bella is going to tell charlie that she is a vampire before he dies? I mean like almost right before he dies of old age so he's not at risk from the volturi?
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

Adrienne wrote:Okay, in Eclipse when the Cullens and the wolves are all meeting up to discuss the newborns and fighting tatics, Alice practices with Jasper to show Bella that Alice will have no problem in battle. Alice is able to predict what Jasper is going to do over and over again and to where he's moving but I thought Alice couldn't see anything with the wolves around. I thought they messed her vision completely. I mean, just having Jacob around and Nessie did that in breaking dawn as well as when it was just Jacob and Bella after she jumped off the cliff but yet here, surrounded by 10 wolves she is able to see Jasper's decisions, or is it bc she is that intuned to Jasper?
She only can't see when the wolves are involved. Yes they were sittin gjust there, but they weren't planning to become involved with the fight so they didn't blur Alice's visions.
Does that make sense?
She can't see when they decide to become involved with a particular situation.
For example, if they plan to sit down and be committed to being there a while she can try to see around them.
And it would also be stronger with Jasper because he is a vampire and she would be attuned to him..
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Zoltan wrote:Who thinks Bella is going to tell charlie that she is a vampire before he dies? I mean like almost right before he dies of old age so he's not at risk from the volturi?

That is an awesome question! I think she would tell him; I don't know if he would be at risk from the Volturi, but I think she would still tell him.
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Zoltan wrote:Who thinks Bella is going to tell charlie that she is a vampire before he dies? I mean like almost right before he dies of old age so he's not at risk from the volturi?
I have a picture in my head, where he is an old man who's lived out his life and is content with all he's done, but curious as to exactly what made his family so odd, so Renesme shows him the history- like when she was telling the Denali Clan about herself; though, like her parents, she tries to gloss over the worst,most terrifying parts of a story *cough*Volturi*cough*

And after Nessie explains everything, Bella offers to have somebody in the family change him if he's not ready to die. Charlie refuses, saying now is the right time for him to die; but that if his family is a bunch of vampires and 'werewolves', people need to redefine what monsters are.

I was imagining how Bella would deal with her human friends and family, especially Charlie, dieing, and my head just produced that.

^^^I posted that in "the transformation" thread, but figured it was appropriate here.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

Hmm I really liked that ^^ It's seems fitting :)
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Thank you. :D
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
CrazilyObsessed024
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

SarahGoddard wrote:
Adrienne wrote:Okay, in Eclipse when the Cullens and the wolves are all meeting up to discuss the newborns and fighting tatics, Alice practices with Jasper to show Bella that Alice will have no problem in battle. Alice is able to predict what Jasper is going to do over and over again and to where he's moving but I thought Alice couldn't see anything with the wolves around. I thought they messed her vision completely. I mean, just having Jacob around and Nessie did that in breaking dawn as well as when it was just Jacob and Bella after she jumped off the cliff but yet here, surrounded by 10 wolves she is able to see Jasper's decisions, or is it bc she is that intuned to Jasper?
hmmm VERY good question! Is she able to move so quickly because of her visions or for another reason though. We always hear how Alice is naturally graceful, I think she is just naturally quick - even for a vampire and so knows the exact second to move. The fact that that scene and her moves in general are generally described as "dance like" has something to do with it too.

If its because shes naturally attuned to Jasper that wouldnt do her much good against the newborns would it? :?
If you have read Breaking Dawn, you might recall that it is more specific than werewolves=no sight.

The werewolves have to actually plan on interacting with them. The werewolves were set on sitting on the ground only observing for that time period, so everything with everybody else Alice could see, because really the werewolves weren't involved. If the werewolves had decided to get up and walk towards the Cullens, Alice would have lost her sight.

Its so hard to explain, Stephenie makes some things really really complex.

Does it make any sense though?
ImageImageImageImageImage
lizard68
Settled in Forks

Post by lizard68 »

Thanks all for answering my Eclipse questions about Edward and Alice, I understand now about how there probably was no phone call and Edward already knew Bella was safe when he found out. And thanks to everyone who explained quoting.

Can I ask a movie related question?

I was thinking about NM the movie today and I realized that Edward takes his shirt off to walk into the sun in the square just before Bella gets to him (it's on the ground beside him) and they don't give him the cloak until he is ready to leave the Volturi castle that night, so he is shirtless the entire scene with the Volturi... do you think they will film it that way? :D
JessRuby
Wandering Through Town

Post by JessRuby »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:
I have a picture in my head, where he is an old man who's lived out his life and is content with all he's done, but curious as to exactly what made his family so odd, so Renesme shows him the history- like when she was telling the Denali Clan about herself; though, like her parents, she tries to gloss over the worst,most terrifying parts of a story *cough*Volturi*cough*

And after Nessie explains everything, Bella offers to have somebody in the family change him if he's not ready to die. Charlie refuses, saying now is the right time for him to die; but that if his family is a bunch of vampires and 'werewolves', people need to redefine what monsters are.

I was imagining how Bella would deal with her human friends and family, especially Charlie, dieing, and my head just produced that.

^^^I posted that in "the transformation" thread, but figured it was appropriate here.
I really like your idea! I can for sure see that happening.
BTW - I love your Seth icon haha
He's my favourite too :D
"Marry me first."
"Okay. What's the punch line?"
"You're wounding my ego, Bella. I just proposed to you, and you think it's a
joke."
TeamEdward1918
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

lizard68 wrote:Can I ask a movie related question?

I was thinking about NM the movie today and I realized that Edward takes his shirt off to walk into the sun in the square just before Bella gets to him (it's on the ground beside him) and they don't give him the cloak until he is ready to leave the Volturi castle that night, so he is shirtless the entire scene with the Volturi... do you think they will film it that way? :D
Funny, I never realized that! Let's just hope :lol: *giggles like the fangirl I am*
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good