Nikki Reed as Rosalie

Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
stellar87
Completely Dazzled!
Location: The Brit's side...any and everywhere ;-) (Washington State)

Re: Nikki Reed as Rosalie

Post by stellar87 »

mixie wrote:When I heard that Nikki would play Rosalie I didn't really like it. I just couldn't see her as the blond, icy and very beautiful vampire Rosalie is. I mean Nikki's so warm in some way, with dark eyes and skin. I guess they didn't only look at her appearance while casting, and Nikki sure is a very talented actress, but for the character Rosalie the outside is really important I think. She's still meant to be like the most beautiful you can imagine!
But I have to admit that Nikki really convinced me in the movie, she was a really good Rosalie! Maybe the look isn't perfect, but while reading the books now I totally see Nikki as Rosalie. I think she'll be great in BD!
Thanks exactly how I felt too! I LOVE Nikki Reed but I was so unsure of her playing Rosalie for the reasons you said. But once I saw her in the movie I was instantly convinced. And I know I've said it so many times on here before I honestly cannot wait to see more of her in the upcomming movies!
ImageImage
Kristiner is the Rob to my TomStu. HA!
ShortStuff_<3
Wandering Through Town

Post by ShortStuff_<3 »

Oh come on, please don't tell me that they couldn't get anyone else to be Rosalie???
I saw the movie before reading the books so i didn't really pay much attention to her but now that i go back and look at pics and stuff they really needed someone more striking, more beautiful.
That's just my opinion anyway -
[no offence, nikki]
Dear Jacob, I WIN. Sincerely, Edward.
[i'm.betting.on.ALICE] :D
>>> ADRENALINEE RUSSSHHH <<<
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

stellar87 wrote:
mixie wrote:When I heard that Nikki would play Rosalie I didn't really like it. I just couldn't see her as the blond, icy and very beautiful vampire Rosalie is. I mean Nikki's so warm in some way, with dark eyes and skin. I guess they didn't only look at her appearance while casting, and Nikki sure is a very talented actress, but for the character Rosalie the outside is really important I think. She's still meant to be like the most beautiful you can imagine!
But I have to admit that Nikki really convinced me in the movie, she was a really good Rosalie! Maybe the look isn't perfect, but while reading the books now I totally see Nikki as Rosalie. I think she'll be great in BD!
Thanks exactly how I felt too! I LOVE Nikki Reed but I was so unsure of her playing Rosalie for the reasons you said. But once I saw her in the movie I was instantly convinced. And I know I've said it so many times on here before I honestly cannot wait to see more of her in the upcomming movies!
I agree with you guys.
when i heard nikki was casted i was like....WTF?! SHE ISNT ALL THAT BEAUTIFUL LIKE ROSE!!
but after watching twilight, she convinced me. she totally embody the whole *itch character to bella that rose is. i was like...WOW NIKKI IS A PRETTY COOL ROSE....plus her & kellen are cute as Emmett & Rosalie. So i dont mind. i cant wait to see her in the next films.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

I'm going to have to agree with what the others said. Not that Nikki isn't beautiful but I was sort of expecting someone else when I was reading the books. I think its just because of all the makeup and how they dyed her hair. But damn, does that girl have some curves. (That's one thing I'm not complaining about!)

As far as acting goes, completely pulls off as Rose!
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
Laure
Settled in Forks

Post by Laure »

She's not as beautiful als a Rosalie should be, but she convinces us by her acting that she is how a Rosalie should be. Her acting like Rose is so great that I can look past that "being-beautiful-detail". :D (If you know what I mean :roll: )
Laure
Leb' die Sekunde, bis die Unendlichkeit
JessRuby
Wandering Through Town

Post by JessRuby »

I thought they would've casted someone who actually has blonde hair. Although I pictured Rosalie very differently, Nikki is a good actress and I think she pulled off the Rosealie attitude really well.
"Marry me first."
"Okay. What's the punch line?"
"You're wounding my ego, Bella. I just proposed to you, and you think it's a
joke."
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

she may not have been the Rosalie that I pictured but after seeing the movie I was a little more convinced...I thought the attitude she brought was absolutely the Rose I had in my head...I don't think there is an actress who could bring the look of Rose to the screen though but Nikki Reed did a good job IMO
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

I just realized a while back that Nikki is my slightly older version of Leah. Lol. You can totally tell that she's got some Native American blood in her when she's not plastered with makeup.

However, her performance as Rosalie was AMAZING. She's not my image of Rosalie, but she did great. I mean, think she's BEAUTIFUL! GORGEOUS! Loved her since Thirteen. But.. I don't know. I always pictured Rosalie with more of a generic but stunning face. Lol. But I loved the scene where she broke the bowl, and the whole, "Why? Why should I protect her? She means nothing to me." scene was perfect.

Ugh. The woman is just AMAZING, and she has really adorable chemistry with Kellan.
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
Oh Rosalie!
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Harper's Island. Hiding from John Wakefield and Henry Dunn.

Post by Oh Rosalie! »

agree nerd! both kellan and nikki have a very nice pairing up. she has the talent. she can be mean, sorry and a lot of expressions she can make on and off camera :D
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

I think Nikki Reed did an AMAZING job as Rosalie Hale. :P I was very nervous at first because she does not have pale skin at all. But I did know she was very beautiful and could pull off Rosalie's character very well just after seeing the first few little trailers and pictures on the set.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!