Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by skylarblue »

QOTD: Like Twimom the first romance novel that I've read was Dark Lover at the suggestion of either GNE or Nima. I was never really into romance novels because I remembered all those books that had Fabio on the cover and stayed away. Now after reading the BDB series, I realize that they are worth the effort and have moved on the Dark Hunter series. So now I'm enjoying them.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Dear Sweet SuperTwin, I don't think Spooky was trying to scold me. She was commending me on my Lex-approved banner size. My banners (when I have one) is always the right size because I like to follow Pel's rules. Also, our lovely mod, Nena, made my banner. Yes, that is Jared Leto. I had an epiphany last week and realized he's a spiffy Ash. I don't know who is portraying the fiesty Simi.

Like VampLover, my first foray into romance literature was also Danielle Steele. Unfortunately, it took me a lot longer to figure out they were crap...I mean a complete waste of time. ;)

My trip into smut land was BDB.

A little bit of history: The Lex Chat book club introduced me to Midnight Breed. I was the first in the YM group to read them. You know, there were some people who put up a fight and didn't want to read them. :o Spoon, I believe, introduced me to Psy-Changelings, and everyone started reading them soon after or the same time as me. I forced everyone to read Dark-Hunter because I wouldn't shut up about its awesomeness. You can pay me back with gift cards to Bath and Body Works, Cacique, or Hastings. :lol:
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

QOTD:
I was -way- too young, I think I was ten or eleven when I first read my first romantic book. It was called Zora, and I believe it wasn't a very good choice of a book for my grandmother to give me for my birthday. (back then I loved it) but now, :o :shock: :evil: Uh-uh, I would never have someone young reading it! It contains love, yes, but also rape, racism, murder, child-slaughter, all the stuff a 10-year-old shouldn't know a thing about...
Until I was about 15 I read everything I could get my hands on, from every genre, and I loved all the sex-scenes... Nowadays I can't stand them. Sometimes it's good, but most of the times it just makes me sick to my stomach. I tend to keep to fantasy and sci-fi, where laying down kissing in the grass is usually when chapters end. Or comedy, where the focus point is somewhat different. I read a lot of great love-story's during this time, but no names come to mind.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Brrr... It's -30F here in Chicago! Thankfully, I got smut to keep me warm! :twisted: Thanks, GNE!

Like GNE, twilightmom, and skylarblue, BDB was my first venture into smut. I'm reading our fourth smut series and loving every minute of it. :twisted:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

CG, i'm following your example, only i'm letting Judd and the P/C keep me warm in this horribly cold weather. Thank god for paranormal guttery books! I'm almost finished the book though...my order hasn't come in yet.

My first "romance" book was probably a Sidney Sheldon one back when i was a teenager.
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

You folks inspired me to go rooting through my old chapter books / novels to answer the QOTD.
In high school, I used to read the "Sweet Dreams" series of books. I even own two (one's a Wildfire Romance and the other is Sweet Dreams). Enjoy the descriptions:

1) Dear Amanda, by Rosemary Vernon
Everyone's wondering who is behind "Dear Amanda", the new advice column in the school paper. Everyone, that is, but Tina. Tina loves playing Amanda. She's excited about her mysterious new identity, and thrilled by the success of her column - students really are taking her advice! But something is still missing from her life - that special feeling for one particular boy. How can she be so unhappy when things are going so well, Tina wonders. Is she asking for too much? Why are other people's problems so much easier to solve than her own?

2) The Yes Girl by Kathryn Makris
Gwen's favourite word is YES. She says yes to Susan who asks for free math tutoring, yes to any friend who needs help ... even a yes to nice but boring Mitch who asks her for dates. Gwen doesn't have a minute to herself. Unfortunately, she hardly has time for Phil, either. Phil is funny, handsome, and definitely NOT boring. And Gwen likes him a lot. When he asks her out, Gwen says yes ... with delight. But she still is saying yes to Mitch, too. Phil soon becomes tired of being Gwen's second choice, and tells her so angrily. Now Gwen is torn. If she starts saying no, she may lose her friends. If she can't stop saying yes, she'll lose Phil.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

LOL My first Romance novels were Danielle Steel when i was a teen... then I realized they were all the same and I got bored and never went back... till BDB...

and I'm happy 'bout it.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

You know LadyDi, I think I read some of those teen "romance" books, too. I remember them from middle school. But I don't count them as "true romance." First of all, they aren't found in the "romance" section of the book store, and second... no baking! ;)
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

OMG I totally forgot about all those teen romance books! I read so many of them (always hidden, my mom would have had a fit!) and it was always the same story, for the most part.

On the topic of "romance" books, I had ordered the last two P/C books last week and they came in today. My friend at the bookstore is in charge of the YA section and she's not used to dealing with all of these, uh, racier books with the cheesy titles and even cheesier covers. She called and left a message that said:

"Uhm, hi! It's me over at the bookstore. Your copies of *cough* uhm, (and then she says the titles REALLY loud) MINE TO POSSESS and *giggle* HOSTAGE TO PLEASURE *giggle* are in now. It's really cold out there so you might want to come pick them up so you can keep, *giggle* warm this weekend. Hope to see you soon. *giggle*"

I read most of Caressed by Ice yesterday at the Dr. office and of course I had to hit the steamiest section while i'm sitting there. I was telling a friend about it last night and i read part of it to her over the phone and she said that she felt like she should be paying me to say those things to her and that she was feeling dhurrty. ;)
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

Hi everyone. I've been AWOL for a little while. It's been busy here at work and I've started my class and I got my ENDEAVOR!!!! Yea me! It wasn't exactly the new one I wanted; it an 04, 85000 miles on it; but it was in my price range. KT works for an auto dealership and he only charged us the price he paid, plus transport and fee. So I got it for $5700. Pretty good. It's real clean and runs wonderfully. Tested it out in the snow today.

GNE: Love the new banner

CG: Stay warm. We don't have it as bad as you but we did drop below 0 the last few days. This morning it was 15 and felt like a heat wave.

Nice work on the PSD's Una.

Nima, hope all is going well at home.

QOTD: My first romance books was Mr. & Mrs Bo Jo Jones. Anyone remember that. Silly hormonal girl that I was I thought it was so romantic.

QOTD2: 80's shows. Knots Landing. My girl was Abby Ewing. I loved how cool and collected she was in business. She was my role model. Well, not the witchy part. I can do that on my own, but the cool and collected, confident part.

and finally:

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY BE MY ESCAPE