Favorite Quotes from the Saga

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Re: Favorite Quotes from the Saga

Post by -Jasper »

ilovetwilight wrote:This one makes me cry every single time:

"I know," I whispered. "I love you, too, Jake. You'll always be my best man." A tear the size of a baseball rolled into the russet fur beneath his eye.

Breaking Dawn pg. 723

:( This is probably one of the saddest quotes ever.
I completely forgot about that, it's so sad. I always cry at that quote, every time :cry:
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
twilight_obsessed
Settled in Forks

Post by twilight_obsessed »

To elaborate on the earlier post...this entire scene from New Moon just breaks my heart, especially when she says, "But you won't stay with me any other way."

The pain was already easing, as if my body knew that Edward's voice was just seconds away…
...I drew in a deep breath and held it...waiting.
"Bella."
I smiled and exhaled.
Yes? I didn't answer out loud, for fear that the sound of my voice would shatter the beautiful illusion. He sounded so real, so close. It was only when lie was disapproving like this that I could hear the true memory of his voice—the velvet texture and the musical intonation that made up the most perfect of all voices.
"Don't do this," he pleaded.
You wanted me to be human, I reminded him. Well, watch me.
"Please. For me."
But you won't stay with me any other way.
"Please." It was just a whisper in the blowing rain that tossed my hair and drenched my clothes—making me as wet as if this were my second jump of the day.
I rolled up onto the balls of my feet.
"No, Bella!" He was angry now, and the anger was so lovely.
I smiled and raised my arms straight out, as if I were going to dive, lifting my face into the rain...
And I flung myself off the cliff.
Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world.

He had the most beautiful soul, more beautiful than his brilliant mind or his incomparable face or his glorious body.
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

^^Oh my God! I love that bit too!!
It seems..AH!..I love it!
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
snowangel_03
Settled in Forks

Post by snowangel_03 »

The quote in my sig, the lion & lamb one, and this one:

I'll be back so soon you won't have time to miss me. Look after my heart, I've left it with you.

My three big faves :D
"I was just wondering why you stabbed him. Not that I object."

~Leech lover~
watchoverme
Settled in Forks

Post by watchoverme »

I have a myriad of favorite quotes, but there are 3 at the top of my list. :) I adore the chapter names in Jacob's book of BD. They crack me up every time.

All-time favorite quotes #1 & #2 - from New Moon pgs 510 and 514 respectively

You're not asleep, and you're not dead. I'm here, and I love you. I have always loved you, and I will always love you. I was thinking of you, seeing your face in my mind, every second that I was away. When I told you that I didn't want you, it was the very blackest kind of blasphemy.

Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars - points of light and reason...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn't see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything.

And the 3rd one is his proposal in Eclipse - pg 460

Isabella Swan?...I promise to love you forever - every single day of forever. Will you marry me?

*swoon* They get me every time...
Megan

4 Books. 2360 Pages. Worth every second.

Before you, my life was like a moonless night...
dazzled23
Settled in Forks

Post by dazzled23 »

Most of fav quotes are from Edward because the he's the most romantic

Twilight
Do is dazzle you?
Stupid shiny Volvo owner
Twilight again, no matter how perfect the day is it always has to end.
Is that what You dream about becoming a monster- I dream about being with you forever

New Moon
But how could you believe me? after all the thousand times I've told you I love you, how could you let one work break your faith in me?
Before you my life was like a moonless night...
Your wounding my ego Bella, I just proposed to you and you think its a joke

eclipse
I promise to love you forever, every single day of forever, will you marry me?
Love after my heart, Ive left it with you
You are the only one who's ever touched my heart, it will always be yours

Breaking dawn
Why am I covered in feathers? :lol:
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

So this is sort of long, but I just came across it while rereading Eclipse, and it stood out to me...

Page 274:

...."I don't think you realize how much easier it will be for me, Bella." he said, the echo of his humor still there in his voice, "when I don't have to concentrate all the time on not killing you. Certainly, there are things I'll miss. This for one..."
He stared into my eyes as he stroked my cheek, and I felt the blood rush up to color my skin. He laughed gently.
"And the sound of your heart," he continued, more serious but still smiling a little. "It's the most significant sound in my world. I'm so attuned to it now, I swear I could pick it out from miles away. But neither of these things matter. This," he said, taking my face in his hands. "You. That's what I'm keeping. You'll always be my Bella, you'll just be a little more durable."

Ahhh, SO cute

**EDIT

And it continues, haha, love this chapter....page 276-277

“You see, Bella, I was always that boy. In my world, I was already a man. I wasn’t looking for love - no, I was far too eager to be a soldier for that; I thought of nothing but the idealized glory of the war that they were selling prospective draftees then - but if I had found…” He paused, cocking his head to the side. “I was going to say if I had found someone, but that won’t do. If I had found you, there isn’t a doubt in my mind how I would have proceeded. I was that boy, who would have - as soon as I discovered that you were what I was looking for - gotten down on one knee and endeavored to secure your hand. I would have wanted you for eternity, even when the word didn’t have quite the same connotations.”
He smiled his crooked smile at me.
I stared at him with my eyes frozen wide.
“Breathe, Bella,” he reminded me, smiling.
I breathed.

Again, so cute here. I love when he says "Breathe, Bella" :D
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
watchoverme
Settled in Forks

Post by watchoverme »

^^Oohh...I adore that dialogue too!! New Moon and Eclipse have some of the best "awwww" lines. They absolutely make your heart melt!
Megan

4 Books. 2360 Pages. Worth every second.

Before you, my life was like a moonless night...
sophieet
Wandering Through Town

Post by sophieet »

I'm sorry if anybody has already posted this as I haven't had time to look through the whole thread, but this is my personal favourite from the saga:

'You wanted me to be human, I reminded him. Well, watch me.'

Such a powerful line. :)
I'm not so keen on all of the sweet couple moments myself. Some of them are overly corny. :lol:
You wanted me to be human, I reminded him. Well, watch me.
Thali
Settled in Forks

Post by Thali »

My favorite quote is from Alice (who I adore! :D ) on Eclipse

The whole dialogue is amazing but this line was so funny!

Here it is:

"Please, please, please," she whispered. "Please, Bella, please - if you really love me... Please let me do your wedding."