Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Justin Chon as Eric Yorkie

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

eden1437 wrote:omg...the guys cute and all, but he annoyed the hell out of me as Eric! I was silently telling him to shutup the entire move...ahhhhh! Did anyone else feel this way?????? I felt so bad for 'movie' Angela that she had to go anywhere with this full of himself...lmao. Sorry. Sidenote...speaking of Angela, I hope Ben is hot! Lol
I thought that they merged Eric and Ben together to make a cooler character that Angela could actually date and like it . . . I mean she wanted to go to prom with him, like she wanted to go with Ben . . . maybe I'm wrong
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

I'm so glad Justin Chon plays Eric! He makes him so much more fun, and a lot funnier!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Renesmee101
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: on a stage infront of a sold out Madison Square Garden, mic in hand, singing my heart out.

Post by Renesmee101 »

I've got such a soft spot for Justin. Ilhim. I went to see 21 like 4 times just to see him, and I watched Just Jordan to see him. He's definitly one of my favorite Asian actors. :P
Team Turtle: Thats how we roll
Skank Pack: Taylor's "V"
Dork Squad
Check out Team Taycob!! http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

They definately strayed a mile away from how Eric is originally supposed to look and act but I thought his performance was pretty good. He was funny and I certainly didn't picture him being Asian.
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:They definately strayed a mile away from how Eric is originally supposed to look and act but I thought his performance was pretty good. He was funny and I certainly didn't picture him being Asian.
He was COMPLETELY different than the book Eric, but I think it was for the better. :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

Let's just say Justin was very funny in the movie. I loved the whole "Bella, look. Its a worm!!" haha i was laughing pretty hard.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Post by slightlyobsessed »

I think combining Eric and Ben was probably one of the easiest and wisest choices to make when it came to simplifying the book.

I knew they couldn't perfectly adapt the book into a movie without making any changes, so this one was painless for me to accept. I think this new hybrid character is perfect for movie-version Angela.

And I loved the way Justin acted his part!
ImageImage
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

I thought Justin was awesome as Eric. Totally not the Eric from the book, but even better. If they did combine the two characters then that's fine by me. Weird, but it's fine. I loved the scene in Biology when Mike comes in and interrupts him talking to Bella. "Let a playa play." Hahaha. So cute. The worm thing cracked me up too!
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

I honestly have nothing against him being Eric but the thing I hate the most is that they would choose an asian dude to play the geek. Idk why I feel that way. Maybe in my head, it's racist. I'm half-asian so I'm not being racist or anything but it kinda bothers me. He sounded weird during his first couple of lines. :P That's my rant.
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

Okay.. Another mess up in the movie.

Asians? In Forks? For real?

Umm.. Hello! Small town in Washington! Lol, I was like huh??

~Syd