Saturday Night Live

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chyeah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Saturday Night Live

Post by Chyeah »

G-Faerie08 wrote:It makes me kind of sad that Mark Walhberg dogged SNL and the skit that Andy Samberg did with Mark Walberg Talks to Animals..I thought it was HILARIOUS! But I definitely agree that the show has become less funny over the years.
Actually, I think that was a set-up for when he appeared on the show backstage the next week.
I'm an anti here for civil discussion on why Twihards like Twilight. However, if you personally insult me, I see no reason to respect you. You have been warned.
Heart Stiller
Learning to Love Green

Post by Heart Stiller »

It varies in quality. Some weeks SNL is really good, other times it's terrible. Most of the time they have one good skit though.
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

Haha.. I love this show but I always forget to watch it. The one I turned on most recently was the Justin Timberlake Single Ladies one. It was hilarious. I saw another one with Michael Phelps lol. I laugh just thinking about them.
CiaoBella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by CiaoBella »

I think as of recently, one of my favorite parts of SNL (aside from pretty much any skit with Andy Samberg in it, love him!) is Weekend Update. Amy Poehler & Seth Meyers crack me up! One of my favorite recent quotes from weekend update was when Amy Poehler goes "New studies show that 70% of drivers like to talk on their cell phones.. while crashing." :lol:

And I of course miss the days when people like Will Ferrell and Chris Farley were on, but I'm definitely glad that SNL is still around - it's a great show.
Team Edward: because I'd love to be his stupid lamb.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... <3 my Lexily!
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

Chyeah wrote:Clinton: I am against the Bush Doctrine,
Palin: I don't know what that is.
LOL!! that was hilarious. Tina Fey is my favorite. She's the best of the all the best..Amy, too. One of my favorite shows next to Grey's Anatomy.
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
ihadanEdwardRush

CiaoBella wrote:I think as of recently, one of my favorite parts of SNL (aside from pretty much any skit with Andy Samberg in it, love him!) is Weekend Update. Amy Poehler & Seth Meyers crack me up! One of my favorite recent quotes from weekend update was when Amy Poehler goes "New studies show that 70% of drivers like to talk on their cell phones.. while crashing." :lol:
DEFINITELY, definitely Weekend Update is a blast!! that's my favorite part too :) well, i do love all the parts :)
ihadanEdwardRush

Sydflower wrote:The one I turned on most recently was the Justin Timberlake Single Ladies one. It was hilarious.
Oh yeah!!! that was indeed hilarious, and according to reports, it got a lots of Youtube views than the original Single Ladies video. cool!!
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

OMSNL! I love Saturday Night Live. One of my favorite skits is "Mark Wahlberg Talks to Animals" I was dying of laughter. :lol: :lol:
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:OMSNL! I love Saturday Night Live. One of my favorite skits is "Mark Wahlberg Talks to Animals" I was dying of laughter. :lol: :lol:
That was pretty funny!

SNL, I think is getting less funny each year (not that I am not a fan of the show, because I do like it)..Like I was a MAD TV fan before it got canceled (for reasons I still don't understand) I still watch SNL though because I like to see if the guest host is going to be funny or not..but let me tell you..the FUNNIEST SNL episode that I have seen in a while was Neil Patrick Harris from a couple weeks ago. It brought back the extra spark that SNL had been missing for a while..

Also..the SNL shorts are so hilarious..especially anything that Andy Samberg has to do with them..
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Yea SNL sadly is losing a little spark...unlike most people though I thought when Sarah Palin come on the show it was, OK. (the real Sarah)