Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JessicaIsIntoxicated
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by JessicaIsIntoxicated »

Sometimes the director's cuts come out later, so I wouldn't be worried. Isn't that what happened with The Outsiders movie?
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

I just got back from my 4th viewing... haha... I am obsessed I guess.

This time it was IMAX! I didn't know they had it formatted for it, but they did! And it was digital... so this was the best viewing I've seen :)

But, I still think the only reason I like the movie is because I can fill in the blanks with what I know from the book.

I've also decided that I don't like "movie" Edward nearly as much as I like "book" Edward. Kind of odd, but I just don't see him as the "gentleman" that he was in the book.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
Maira

Post by Maira »

I like the movie kiss more than the first book kiss, but I didn't like that there was only one kiss (well, two kisses if you count the kiss in the hospital, but I don't) as opposed to... *counts in head* three kisses in the book.

Wow. I just said 'kiss' seven times in one post.
Private Aubrey Tobin in Jasper's Confederate Army.
You have to see this. *freaks*
Beep... Beep... Beep... Maira is going out of order... Bee- back eventually...
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

I wasn't sure where to put this, but can you believe that they were going to cast Daniele Panabaker if Kristin Stewart didn't get the part as Bella?
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
Vanquish
Location: Melbourne, Australia...cruising with Edward in his Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:I wasn't sure where to put this, but can you believe that they were going to cast Daniele Panabaker if Kristin Stewart didn't get the part as Bella?
Oh My GOD?!?!?! Not to be rude but I am beyond glad that we have KStew as Bella. I don't care if she didn't show enough emotion. Whatever. As long as she's Bella. I can't imagine Twilight with Danielle. It would've ruined the movie for me, infact the whole series. And she doesn't look good with RP at all. KStew and RP. That's how it's meant to be. :D

TEAM EDWARD
"For the first time in a century, I felt hope."
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
True believer in Cullenism.
Vampire4eva
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Vampire4eva »

That wouldnt have been good shes not exactly how I imagined Bella. Actually my Bella looked alot like Alexis Bledel
Alison

Post by Alison »

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:I wasn't sure where to put this, but can you believe that they were going to cast Daniele Panabaker if Kristin Stewart didn't get the part as Bella?
That girl looks more like Bella, in my opinion. I can't say if she would have acted the part well, but I definitely think she has the look going.
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
Maira

Post by Maira »

Ugh.

You're kidding.

She looks NOTHING like Bella!
Private Aubrey Tobin in Jasper's Confederate Army.
You have to see this. *freaks*
Beep... Beep... Beep... Maira is going out of order... Bee- back eventually...
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

i actually think she would have made a good bella. she looks more like her in my opinion, and she's a decent actress (which is more than i can say for kristen... no offence, but the girl has like one emotion..) plus she was one of SM's picks for bella. i would have approved.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I guess I should add that at this point, even though I wasn't completely ecstatic with Kristin's performance, she is Bella to me now. But if the movie hadn't been filmed yet and the role of Bella was still open, I think some of the other actresses considered for the role may have been better. "May" being the operative word.

Also, though SM created the characters out of thin air, I thought some of her suggestions were ludicrous. I heard one of her early suggestions for Charlie was John C. Riley. Wow. I am so glad who they chose in the end.
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun