Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: The Host -- Q&A

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

slightlyobsessed wrote:
wanda wrote:I also have another question. so if Ian and Wanda had sex, would they still be able to have a baby. even though she's a soul, but in a human body?
I going to say absolutely. Just like the body has blood coursing through it enabling it to survive, all of the faculties are still in place for conceiving and bearing children. Though the genetic makeup of any offspring, I think, would be based on the human's DNA, rather than Wanderer's.
Yeah, I don't think that a soul inside a human body alters the body in any way, so they should be able to have a baby. Do you think they will in the sequels?
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

yes...the only change is really in the mind nothing physical. all functions that same
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Post by slightlyobsessed »

BrandOfHeroine wrote:
slightlyobsessed wrote:
wanda wrote:I also have another question. so if Ian and Wanda had sex, would they still be able to have a baby. even though she's a soul, but in a human body?
I going to say absolutely. Just like the body has blood coursing through it enabling it to survive, all of the faculties are still in place for conceiving and bearing children. Though the genetic makeup of any offspring, I think, would be based on the human's DNA, rather than Wanderer's.
Do you think they will in the sequels?

I think if they have a baby it'll probably come up in the third. Stephenie seemed to set up some sort of child-bearing story line already when they saw the Soul couple with the human baby. She made it seem far more significant than the page or two she gave it in this book, so I think it will probably come back.
ImageImage
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic
lovvetwilight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by lovvetwilight »

I would LOVE for them to have a baby. And I agree - I'm sure it's possible.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4356617/1/Bad_Girl_Bella << please press

Team Edward Team Ian
wanda
Settled in Forks

Post by wanda »

yeah. I was thinking the same thing. if was going to be related to a soul in any way it would have to have a soul placed inisde it, right? I love Ian and Wanda and everything <333 but I dunno if I want them to have a baby. that would just ruin things for me. yes, it would express their love so much more, but it would also make them parents and I don't think The Host needs that. like Jared said, I wouldn't want to raise a baby in that environment.

are you positive that Stephenie is going to write a sequel??
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

wanda wrote:yeah. I was thinking the same thing. if was going to be related to a soul in any way it would have to have a soul placed inisde it, right? I love Ian and Wanda and everything <333 but I dunno if I want them to have a baby. that would just ruin things for me. yes, it would express their love so much more, but it would also make them parents and I don't think The Host needs that. like Jared said, I wouldn't want to raise a baby in that environment.

are you positive that Stephenie is going to write a sequel??
I also agree. It would be possible for Wanda and Ian to have a baby, but just not practical. It wouldn't be right to have a baby in that environment.

About the sequel, Stephenie said that she has outlines for the sequels, called "The Seeker" and "The Soul," but she doesn't really want to write them because she would have to kill off some characters in those sequels. But I read somewhere in Entertainment magazine that said Stephenie was working on those sequels, so I'm not exactly sure. But I really hope she chooses to write and publish them! :D *crosses fingers*

Love,
*Wanderer*
ohmyedward01
Settled in Forks

Post by ohmyedward01 »

okay, is it just me, or was there a lot of parallelism between the characters in The Host and Twilight?
Like:
Jamie=Alice
Kyle=Emmett
Doc=Carlisle
Ian=Edward
lol i thought they were all very similar to each other, which makes sense.
"Are you referring to the fact that you can't walk across a flat, stable surface without finding something to trip over?"
-Edward Cullen
<3
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

i think that in every book you can relate characters to other characters. especially when the author is the same. but didnt really see those comparison at all. i can see kyle, emmett in strength and doc, carlisle for compassion and doctors but other than that not really. and even those similarities are just coinscidental in my opinion
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Post by slightlyobsessed »

I did notice the similarities between Doc and Carlisle, but I think that was the only one.

I really noticed the similarities in the landscape Stephenie described, though. The care with which she described the desert in the Twilight series was so incredibly evident in The Host, too. You can tell she really loves the desert!

Hmmm...wonder if the Wanderer and the others will make a trek to the Pacific Northwest at some point...
ImageImage
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

I didn't really notice any similarities in the characters, but rather in the plot.
Not that they're the same, but SM seems to like to write about, like, "forbidden romance". You know, that the ones who fall in love (except Melanie and Jared, of course) are from two different worlds. They must fight for their love, in a way.
Sorry if that didn't make any sense, but I tried to explain it as best as I could.