Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

Liezie – Yeah, it was like a revelation! As I was reading Twilight and was annoyed of how much Edward was like me. And when I saw that! I had a laugh episode! Couldn’t believe it. The mood swings… aw I simply saw myself on him. You know it. It takes a silly little thing to throw us off balance, and another little one to get it back. Sometimes it takes nothing at all, seems like the wind changing course, and then changing again. LOL :lol:

Well, as a Buffy fan, I'm a little bias at the whole dark scenario thing. I love when it goes bad, dark and stormy. Like that song from Garbage – I’m only happy when it rains. ;)

On the alternate Breaking Dawn version, I suggest you give Bella a better sex life after her marriage. Of course it doesn’t need to be graphic, but for crying out loud, after waiting that long! :shock: She should at least enjoy Edward a little more before getting pregnant. More romance and appreciation. Edward should loosen up a bit after a little practice.(I know, I'm nosy. But I can’t help. I always have a suggestion or opinion!) :oops: :oops: :oops:
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I'll keep that in mind... :lol:
The only problem with that, is that I'm writing this from Jacob's POV, so any sex that Bella gets would be hard to write about, without making Jacob a total pervert. lol
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
buffygrl3
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by buffygrl3 »

Hello everyone. Its my first time on this thread so I can't pretend to know whats going on, but one of my pals suggested I check it out... so... hi! :D

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Hey there buffy girl!
Why don't you introduce yourself a bit more :)
Everything you want to share: What is your native language, where do you from, age?
And we're doing a birthdaylist at the moment so if you want to share that, that would be great!

I'm Liesbeth (Lies or liezie can be both used for short if you please :)), 24 and I live in Belgium, so flemish is my native language.

E-readers The kindle looks cute but will probably never come to Europe, or not any time soon like I read in some articles. Since it works with an US-only network? Something like the iphone troubles we had.
The sony e-reader looks great too though. And it bit less expensive, but I don't see how exactly he works. He also ain't available here. Actually, like I can tell, non of the readers are. But the sony one should come in 2009. As I read. I'm curious.
And I vote for an Mac version. Altough that one will be pricy too. It'll be the best of course.
Yes I'm an apple-lover since the age of 7. (when our family bought the first apple computer)
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

hey buffygrl, glad to have you!
do i know your friend? jk :lol:
i'm out for the night, but i'll see you all tomorrow!!
night!
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
CappuGirl

Post by CappuGirl »

Huh, So many things to reply again... =)

Hi, Buffygirl. Welcome. =)

Eddie, what's with your foot? I think I've missed something. *whistles* I sprained the ligaments on my right angle pretty bad 1,5 years ago. I couldn't walk on it at all and ended up wearing a small cast on it for weeks. I freaked out my sister pretty good, because it hurt so much I was having a hard time holding back tears while she helped me walk. I don't think she's ever seen me crying out of physical pain before that. And she knows I'm the mad lady that doesn't use painmeds even when in labor... *whistles some more* I hope your foot heals faster than mine did. db

About books. I found out about Sookie on my own few weeks ago. Thought about ordering them in at some point. And found some other good books too. They write the greatest books for tweenies nowdays. All the adult-books are so dull and depressive, I keep loosing my interest. I've been planning to get The Host ever since November but keep putting it off. Maybe next month. And I even got one book from the library, but don't really feel like reading. Can't concentrate properly with my poo-pups running around.. My library book is The Fire Rose by Mercedes Lackey. I think I might have gotten it just because it was the only intresting looking book in the english-shelve. And it has a man with a wolf's head on the cover.. xD Well he also has a lizard's hand. Could be interesting... Anyone read it?

Kindle. I haven't really looked it up anywhere. Just read some chatter about it on different boards. It would be great to save some trees like that. =) But I'm not sure if my eyes would like it. They get pretty weary and sore if I read too long from a white computer screen. And I'm not sure if I'd spend that much money on it either.

Ipod. Don't have one, never had. Now i'm kinda wishing I did. Might be out of my price-range at the moment. I've had a few MP3-players but I keep breaking them. *whistles* I guess they really don't like it when I sleep with them. :lol: I like listening music when tryig to sleep. Helps me relax.. Drives J-hub nuts. *whistles*

Ninna, great that you had a good time at the dance. :D And I'd love to see you act bad. :lol: Sorry about your jelous hubby but awesome that he knows it's his problem and tries to deal with it. My J-hub has turned into a jelous man too. It's like he doesn't trust me anymore like he used to. Kinda hurtful. He thinks I'm trying to get fit because I want some other guy. And he thinks I'm going clubbing more because I'm looking for a new guy. Or a girl. *whistles* Why the heck would I do that when he's the best lover I've ever had and he's improving on the other stuff too... Not to mention he's the only man I've ever truly loved... And I never wanted anything to do with cheating..
But you know what? I wouldn't have send the pic to the press! Poor Rob! So much for lying low! I would have shared the picture with you guys though...
Yeah, I would have done the same as you. I think it was untasteful of that girl to send her picture to Perez. The poor guy was finally out of the spotlight for a change, why not let him enjoy his 'freedom' for as long as it would last? I'd feel ashamed for myself if I was that girl...

Edwards venom-business while sucking out James' venom. (oh, that sounds kinky!) I think since he was sucking the blood and the venom out, if some of his own venom would have gone in, it would have come out as well. And in the movie it really look like he's sunking his teeth in her arm.. so I don't know. I think that was the most badly-acted scene in the whole movie.. I think he should have used a straw just to be on the save side. :lol:

Oh, almost forgot my bd.. jan 21st 1982.
buffygrl3
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by buffygrl3 »

Wow Lies, thank you for the warm welcome.

I'm Buffygrl3, Buffy for short if you'd like. My native language is english, which is awful because according to my computer I can't even spell it right :roll: but that's pretty typical for me. I'm originally from Colorado, but I moved almost three years ago. As for my age, that is, unfortunately, confidential information :lol: Uh... let's see, things I'd like y'all to know.... I read ALOT, books are my life, I also write. Mostly my own stuff but I've written a few smutty fan-fics, and I'm actually working on my first NOT smutty fan-fic with SenorGimp right now so... wish me luck on that one. I hear some of you have already read some of it?

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Robert sighting and picture to Perez I so wouldn't send that picture to Perez. Knowing me I wouldn't even ask for a picture. If I'd see he'd be enjoying himself with friends or something I'd probably leave him. If I was able to, or we both just walked passed each other I'd take the chance to speak up and say something. But I would never ever send that pic to that site since it was very clear he wanted a media break.

Hair I'm one of that persons that lives ages with the same haircut. But then some morning I'll wake up and it'll totally annoy me and it needs to be cut fast as possible. This morning was the morning.
My hair seriously has no model anymore and needs to have a decent haircut.
But this leaves the same problem, I have no idea what to do with it. Give my clothes and shoes and I'll know what to pick, but I'm clueless about hair.
So, please help?
I'm 24, it needs to be a cut that can be businesslike, since I deal with a lot of clients. But not to clamourous cause minimum time in the bathroom at the morning is needed.
The longest parts are almost shoulder lenght, the shorthes (which was a sweeping bang) is just long enough to be tucked behind the ear. The colour is a dirty blond.
Any ideas? Pictures of shorter haircuts? Ideas where to look?

Paulinha The moodswings defenitly are a characteristic part of the gemini. And the thing I 'suffer' from the most. Defenitly in my toddler and teen puberty :p Still have them though; alot. My mood can change with the wind, like you said. I learned to control it for the outside world over the years. But with close family and friends, or when I'm alone...
And the time of the month is terrible. I can't make any decisions that week cause I'm bond to change my feeling ever 2 seconds.

Random rant One of the most annoying things is people who don't get a new roll of toiletpaper when they finish the last bit. This is a business center, so everybody knows where to get it. I went and ask it when I was new. It ain't that hard!
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

I never understood the whole ipod thing. I dont want one, or need one. Im perfectly happy with my simple sony walkman mp3player. I dont like all those things which have more then one function.
No i dont want a camera on my phone, i have a perfectly good digital camera which makes photos that i can print in a4 if i want to. No i dont want an mp3player on my phone, cause then my battery doesnt last long and ive got a perfectly good mp3player. I just like to use things for what they were made for. Call me oldfashioned..cause i am :P
Im so not into phones and stuff, i just want one to call with, nothing more.

About the rob sighting, if hes smart hell go to the netherlands. Seriously, we are way more laid back when it comes to famous ppl. Lots of them have houses in amsterdam because of that. Ok mb a few girls would scream, but most ppl would just act normal, maybe talk to him for a while. If i would see him, id prolly leave him alone. He want his space just as everyone else does. Ok i might ask him something for you guys, cause you're all way too addicted to him :lol:

My bday:
28th of august 1981

@cappu, congratulations for tomorrow(with the time diff and all, at least im on time now :mrgreen: ). Myu beloveds nephew has his bday tomorrow aswell....damn i need to get him a gift. And my ex has his bday today :roll: . I wish i wouldnt remember that kind of stuff.

Hmmm ive got a red spot in my eye since sunday, and i dont know if i have to worry about it or not. Its probably nothing, right? I looked at my bloodpressure to make sure, and it was ok.

@seniorgimp, can you link the fanfic? Whats it about?

damnit..still no BDB books :(

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
CappuGirl

Post by CappuGirl »

I've been working on my fanfic's timeline and like everything I plan to write, it's growing so huge...*whistles* Now if I could just get more background specifics about Leah and the La Push wolves would be great. I can't relay on my memory.. it's been a while since i read them last.. I want to have all the facts just perfect before I start writing it from the begining...I already have some clips that just came to me..
I just can't concentrate on reading at all now so I could find it all in the books.. So weird.. Anyone have any notes? Or could someone, please, just tell me the pagenumbers where Leah is at or pages with explanations about werewolves or shapeshifters? PM please if you can help me. :D

Here's a cookie.

if you'll help me, I'll give you a whole box full of home-made cookies! 8-)
I even put smiley-faces on them!