Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by *Bloodlust* »

WishIWasACullen wrote:Oh I definitely want to reread them (For, like, the 9th time :lol: ) but do I have to wait 'til December?!?
Of course not! :shock: You can read it whenever. It just seemed like it would be cool if we all were rereading at the same time because then we could discuss things, but we don't all read at the same pace, so that won't work perfectly anyway. Please don't feel like you have to wait to reread. Heck, you can reread AGAIN in December if you'd like. I won't be rereading til Decemeber. No time.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Post by vegasn8ive »

I just got back from the mall where I found out that the Borders is going to have a midnight release party for The Tales Of Beedle The Bard. I just thought I would mention it in case anyone was wondering about it. You might want to ask your local book store. It comes out on my stepdaughter's birthday so we are going. :)
Jazz<3Jasper
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Jazz<3Jasper »

vegasn8ive wrote:I just got back from the mall where I found out that the Borders is going to have a midnight release party for The Tales Of Beedle The Bard. I just thought I would mention it in case anyone was wondering about it. You might want to ask your local book store. It comes out on my stepdaughter's birthday so we are going. :)
When my dad told me he was like Jazz, guess what there is an 8th Harry Potter book, and I said to him That is impossible! I am so excited even though its not a continuation of the series... plus I gtot to prove my dad wrong and he pre-ordered it for me. Yay! :D
"No problem. You want me to be all doom and gloom, or just shut up?"
"Just shut up."
"Can do."
"Really? Doesn't seem like it."
-Jake and Seth
<333333333
Team Jasper, he can snap at me anyday.
luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

MIDNIGHT RELEASE PARTY!!
I should check with the Chapters near my house.
Flairfive
Settled in Forks

Post by Flairfive »

Im kind of disappointed, there is no midnight release at our Barnes & Noble for Beedle the Bard :cry:
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

*Hugs Flairfive.* MIne doesn't have any plans of it, either, but there's still time beforehand. Don't worry. :)

I'm so excited! It's going to be amazing.

I so need to reread the books. And re-watch the movies. lol.
Last edited by Edward Cullen Fan on Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flairfive
Settled in Forks

Post by Flairfive »

Edward Cullen Fan wrote:
Flairfive wrote:Beedle the Bard
*Hugs.* MIne doesn't have any plans of it, either, but there's still time beforehand. Don't worry. :)

I'm so excited! It's going to be amazing.

I so need to reread the books. And re-watch the movies. lol.
lol, thanjks, my family is preordering, just getting it as soon as the store opens
we might camp out lol
When I first found out about it I was like, "whats Beedle the bard?" lol
Last edited by Flairfive on Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flairfive
Settled in Forks

Post by Flairfive »

I just noticed, we joined in the same hour! lol
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

Welcome. Lol, that sounds awesome. I've still got to preorder it. My mom will probably get it for me for Christmas if I mention it.

Haha, that's so weird/awesome!
Leah_says
Wandering Through Town

Post by Leah_says »

Liv-wa wrote:
luv_edward_cullen wrote:
a_n_n_a wrote:When people bring that up I say, "Come back to me in 10 years and tell me if Twilight is still on the NYT Bestsellers' List". Harry Potter was up there TEN YEARS. I can guarantee you Twilight won't be up there that long, and if it somehow magically does appear there, I'll still find it completely ludicrous.
It's because Harry Potter appeals to both adults AND children. You don't see 8 year olds running around with copies of Twilight. That's because Twilight's only gear towards TEENAGE GIRLS. Why else would we be surprised when we see a guy on the Twilight boards? Because the book wasn't written to appeal to guys or anyone above the age of twenty, really.

People who still say Twilight's better than HP has to seriously reconsider. (Don't get me wrong, I love Twilight) It might be more popular right now but in ten, twenty years, is it still going to be that way?
I highly doubt Twilight will be as popular in twenty years as it is now, granted I don't neccessarily think HP will be either, but HP has a probability of still being extremely lilked. In Harry Potter the plot lines twist amd keep the mind captivated enough that people will always be finding something new in them. It will take years for all of their secrets to be revealed. Twilight just isn't that deep. Its still an amzing story, just not as intricate.
I love the Twilight series, but Harry Potter is definitely better.

It bothers me when people say that Twilight is the next Harry Potter. While Twilight is a very good series, it will never be as successful as the Harry Potter books. First of all, HP appeals to a much wider audience. Twilight mostly to teenage girls. HP has seven books all great in length and the plot is just so . . . words can't describe it.

There's no doubt in my mind that Harry Potter won't be as popular twenty years from now. Pride and Prejudice is, and it's a hundred years later. Harry Potter is just a classic that when the younger fans grow up, they're going to introduce the series to their children and so on. And even Stephenie said that Twilight and Harry Potter are in different leagues.