Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

EddieC
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by EddieC »

Sam - awww! well, lets see, I was down when I got home, so I thought I'd watch a movie, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, but it wouldn't work on my computer! So sad!

And I do have your facebook right? XD

Cym- Ha ha, I did so this morning, got myself a nice latte instead of tea.

I think I need to go book shopping, maybe I should buy the twilight set, I read my sister's and she's back at home.

it's $90 though, :(

LOL We shall then :P I'll hold you to that then! YAY for being a day apart! *nances*

CappuGirl - I recently pulled my leg and got a sciatic nerve injury from that, it's just annoying to say the least, I can't do any physical activity or such, so no excercising for me.

So My ex- girlfriend came to the IT help desk today, it's where I work, she just invited herself to sit down, with a computer problem, and tried to talk to me.

Me, still not forgiven her for the things she's done, ignored her, and promptly tried to get her to leave by solving

Uggg, it's like she does this on purpose, it's been the second time in a week now
All about Flash Mobs
... bit of a Geek
... Ultimate happy
... and a hopeless romantic
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

Hey guys, things have been super crazy. Anyways I just wanted to post and let you know that I have a fanfic up. It's about Bella going to college. It's also all human. The link to it is in my sig.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
DHSHolly

Post by DHSHolly »

I am a total geek girl so I love love love my ipod. I actually get upset if I have to buy a cd now. I buy most of my music digitally and I can download it right away and have it on my ipod. If I have to buy a cd usually it's something I have to order because it's not available online then I have to wait a long time to have my music. I love downloading music. I don't download illegally I get it from itunes mostly. I read all my books on my ipod too. I just love it. I used to read a lot of braille growing up. I like a lot of you felt like I needed the pysical thing. Then I discovered the computer and started spending more and more time online and less and less time reading. I found that audio actually worked better for me. Reading in bed is so much easier with audio. Because braille books are really big and most of the time in multiple volumes, so I love audio. I love having everything I could potentially want to listen to in one place, music, books movies etc all on my ipod. If you can't tell by now, I love my ipod. It goes with me everywhere. :)
EddieC

Post by EddieC »

cascsiany - :D YAY! More fics to read! thanks!

watching some president say some speech, apparently it's pretty important ;)
All about Flash Mobs
... bit of a Geek
... Ultimate happy
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

Eddie let me know what you think. I am still writing up certain parts of the story. I don't know how long I am going to make it.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
Cymbrelynn

Post by Cymbrelynn »

I'm watching the inauguration live...it's so exciting. I have goosebumps and tears in my eyes. I feel so silly for being so emotional but today is just such an indescribable feeling for me (I'm also a politics junkie so big, big deal for me)

Eddie, the party is on! And ouch, about the Twilight set. Try searching ebay or other discount book sites first. And try bookmooch and the like too. And your ex is causing drama :x

Cap, if I had my books on me I would help you right away! Can I have a cookie anyway?? Plz??? :P

jasmine, i envy the fact that youre happy without an ipod. Whenever I am without it is a serious problem. And they're so much money. Im really jealous of the iphone too. Every friend I have who has one loves it. Bah. And about your eye, it might be worth going to the doctor to make sure it isn't pink eye since that's contagious.

liezie, I'm like that with hair too! I've gotten really bored with it and chopped it all off twice in the past year. this year I'm really trying to grow it out as long as it used to be. then I'll probably have it like that for awhile and get bored and chop it all off. The same goes for dying it. I'll just be bored one day and I'll dye it red. After a couple months I'll be bored again and dye it back to brown. And I'm also usless at knowing what I want or what kind of cut will look good on me. I ask around to friends to see if they can suggest any hairdressers who are good at figuring it out for you. I just go in and say "I want something young but smart and professional but also looks good with my hair type and face shape." That's their job, right? It usually works out just fine. And I am with you on that rant there.
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
EddieC

Post by EddieC »

Cappu- I will! I will also follow you like a fanboy when you finish :p you've been warned

Kim - okeee then! And talk to me on facebook at times! :( I miss having someone old and wise and funny to talk to at times... uggg

*waves flags* yay for change!
All about Flash Mobs
... bit of a Geek
... Ultimate happy
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

Nah its nt pinkeye. But im a lill worried because ive had a really high bloodpressure last summer. And your veins in your eyes can be destroyed because of it. You can even turn blind. But for all i know, you dont see much of that. Maybe its just an allergic reaction, one to many cathairs orso. If its still here day after tomorrow all go to the doc.

Just got an email that my bdb will be delivers tomorrow. *groans* ofcourse, one of the 2 days that im NOT at home. :evil:

I would love to change my hairstyle, but im way too scared for that. And ofcourse it takes years for me to grow a litlle length. I havent been to a hairdresser since 2002 :oops:
My beloved dyes my hair, and i cut my own spilt ends with hairdresser scissors.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

Jasmine – Go to the Doctor. It could something as silly as a tiny vein popping staring for too long into a pc screen, or the prelude for glaucoma in your case. With the high blood pressure and all. :)

As long as I used a pc, I often get those little veins popping on my eyes. My eye doc says it’s ‘cos I don’t blink as often as I should when I'm staring at the screen. There was the one time, I had an allergy reaction manifesting in my eye. And the funny thing, it was a deodorant! Go figure…! :lol:

I cut my hair sometimes too. LOL My hair is curly and the hairdressers don’t cut it right. They always give me a “straight hair cut” and when it curls up, I end up looking like Bozo the Clown. *ugh* :x

Hi Buffygrl13!!! Welcome! :D
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

cascsiany wrote:Hey guys, things have been super crazy. Anyways I just wanted to post and let you know that I have a fanfic up. It's about Bella going to college. It's also all human. The link to it is in my sig.
I like your fanfic, i would love to read more..soon (please?) ;)

PaulinhaBrasil wrote:Jasmine – Go to the Doctor. It could something as silly as a tiny vein popping due to looking for too long into a pc screen, or the prelude for glaucoma in your case. With the high blood pressure and all. :) As long as U

As long as I used a pc, I often get those little veins popping on my eyes. My eye doc says it’s ‘cos I don’t blink as often as I should when I'm staring at the screen.
I looked at my bloodpressure and it was pretty normal, so thats not it.(the reason i had high bloodpressure was because i was single handedly organising a wedding and doing 2 jobs together. Too much stress i guess. It seems to be normal lately, have to do a checkup someday though.

Anywaym, its fading now and i think its from watching the laptopscreen for too long. Ive never been so much online(well, really reading that is) since i came on here and started reading fanfic. Maybe i tired my eyes, they can get rest tomorrow and the day after, i have to work anyway.
Damn, hope that doesnt mean ill get this more often, not that i really feel it, but it just looks stupid.

Just bought myself some new lingery, i love the sales, like up to 70% discount :mrgreen: . (as if i needed more stuff, i could begin my own store...)

And we just ate roti for dinner. I wonder if you guys know that stuff.
It looks like this: http://www.eediete.nl/keuken/pics/roti.jpg
I just love the potatoes, i dont even eat the vegetables that go with it, hahah.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/